Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Well she did not respond on the original post, she first sent me a snotty message on FB about how she thinks I still should have spent my $10.00 here at home,and let them take care of their own. I responded in the same way I did the first time,that there are kids who have no family to rescue them, entire generations have been wiped out. So this morning I get up, and there is an email from her, with my statement of generations wiped out quoted, and she wrote "it's a good start!"

Wow... just wow. Are there really still people in this world that think that? We are all but human and we all bleed the same red blood as anyone else.

That earthquake could happen anywhere, and we've had our share. I applaud you Kat and anyone else who would go out of their way to help a neighbor in need regardless of their geographical location.

:confused:

Kat-now THAT woman is my definition of racist! What a bit*h! UGH

Irene-I really do not think Miami is ready for what they are about to get...a bunch of loud FUN partying cajuns! I wish I could go!

"Partying Cajuns". Now that is something I would like to be a part of. Drink till you :confused:

Kat, that is just too sad. Those people in Haiti didn't deserve it anymore than the people in earthquakes in L.A. or any place else. How truly sad a life she has.

Good morning ladies~

I slept so good last night. I could have slept another 2 hours but so what else is new?! lol

We found out that a settlement that we were part of sent out checks again...and we have moved twice since then. Can you imagine it getting lost in the mail? It was mailed out on the 19th of January. Now we an either #1 hope the USPS can forward something twice without losing it OR #2 fax the place a letter giving permission to cancel that check and issue a new one. I can just see us telling them to cancel it and it will show up in the mail tomorrow. lol I dont know what we should do. What would you all do?

Oh well, I better get off here. I will check back in later. Have a great day everyone!!

"Partying Cajuns". Now that is something I would like to be a part of. Drink till you :thumbup:

That is what I did in Gruene. Ugh...it was funny the next day though.

Just got home from the gym.

I had another good eating day yesterday but I was a little short on my Water intake. I need to step it up.

Monday night at class, the kids were "who made the brownies"? So, guess who is making brownies for the trip this weekend. I also told them I would make some oatmeal chocolate chip Cookies. Lucky me. Good thing they will be eating all of them.

Have a great day.

Morning all

it is sad what is going on in Haiti and I think we should help

I also think there is a lot of sad situations going on in our country but unfortunately the media doesn't give 2 shits about that. Sorry, look what it took in LA for anyone to even know what a poor situation many people were living in

I'm in a funk, but when I think about why, I realize that there are people who are so much worse off, it is sad

anyway, sorry if i offended, I didn't mean to. I supported Haiti too so please don't take that the wrong way.

I spent the day up in Saranac Lake yesterday planning and working on Patriot Hills, it was very interesting to say the least. The mayor there is amazing man.

Today I'm updating my resume and doing a cover letter so I can mail out tons of copies and get my dream job.

hope you are all doing well,

Hiya ladies,

Went to lunch with Marie yesterday, we had eaten, and were sitting there, solving the worlds problems, when Rick called, and said he would be home in a few minutes, then was leaving, going to try to beat the storm! UH! NO! But I went and got his Rx filled and come home, and had him packed and ready when he got here---and he left! So I pouted all day.

He made it to Carlsbad NM about 1 AM, good weather. He had a reservation, at the place they stay there, and he called me from the lobby, he had been there about 15 minutes, and could not find anyone working! So I hunted up the ph. # from when he was there before, and called with my land line, and it rang and rang, he was standing right there, I could hear it on my cell, and no one showed up. Door was open, computer, and key machine right there, for Rick to mess with had he wanted to. He said he even tapped on his horn, but did not want to wake everyone in the motel....and after we were on the phone laughing at the absurdity of itfor another say 10 minutes, she got out of a car that pulled up out front. She LEFT!!! Left everything open! She was in a panic, when she saw people there. Rick said she offered them early Breakfast, and all he said she is hoping he does not report her! I told him I would, if it had been someone else, he would have been vulnerable too---anyone could have gotten in to ANY room that did not have the inner security bolt latched. In this job economy, and people treat their jobs like that. I told him she was probably "working" in the car out there. He said he thinks it was her BF.

Anyway today he will go on in to Odessa, and get the crew set up. And with any luck, maybe come home Sunday or Monday, if the storm allows.

Today I took my Mom to town shopping. Picked up a few things I could eat easily while he is gone, and if the snow flies again, I can just hole up and pout!!! One thing I forgot was to buy a couple of books, so will go through my own library out in the garage.

Tracy, I would call the post office, and explain the situation. Ask their opinion. It might automatically return if there is a double forward--they would know. Congrats on the unexpected money---wish I would get some!!

Well I am going to go build a fire, and change from my jeans to my jammie pants. No reason not to be comfy, and cozy.

TTYL

Kat that is a great idea! I will call them as soon as they open up. I can just imagine it sitting in a bin at the post office when it would do much better sitting in our band account! lol

Hi everyone! I am glad tomorrow is Friday. I need a break. I love the kids but it sure is alot more quiet when it is just my kids here! They are pretty much self sufficient compared to a 4 month old and a 3 year old.

We got a new (to us) full size bed yesterday. The headboard and footboard are really pretty. It needs a new mattress but I can deal with this one for a little while. I will buy a mattress pad and maybe some memory foam to put on it. The box spring is brand new. I will post pics of it when we set it up. I am thinking about letting macy have it. I want a bigger bed in the extra bedroom.

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning everyone

not too much going on here, just working on finalizing the invitations to the the semi formal I'm putting together and trying to tie up some lose ends that I can for tonight. I'm glad I will have stuff to do for this but no meetings for the next 2 weeks. I'm exhusted and so much happens at night feel guilty.

oh as I type this I get a call that we might have to reschedule until Tuesday - that would not hurt my feelings at all. I'm just going to run up to base to rop some stuff off.

Well, off I go to get myself together

hope you are all doing well.

Tracy - I want a new bed! I love my sleigh bed and can't give it up, I might get one of those memory foam things to put on it, I was on one at a store and melted, it was foam but had different shapes for different parts.

I'M DONE!!!!!! :unsure: With the taxes, that is! Printed out the final forms today and got them all distributed to the employees! Whew!

Went and saw my PCP last Thursday b/c I still hadn't been sleeping much, if at all. He gave me Ambien. Seems to be working, then I hurt my back over the weekend and had trouble sleeping due to the pain! Never ends around here! LOL!

Back is starting to feel better as long as I take it easy and stop trying to pick things up! I've been trying to keep up with the Tylenol and heat wraps or sports creme. That seems to help. I also use the heating pad when I'm just going to sit for a long period of time.

Hi to everyone! I've missed you all! I'll try to check in more often now. Have a great evening/night! TTFN!

Hi Michelle

Sorry you hurt your back, that is the worst! Nice to see you

I have been off the boards... I was negotiating a job using my new license. Well, they finally made me an offer so I told my friends and did cry. I was sooooooo happy.

I needed to see one person but the offer stood and I went to the chains office and the manager said that I could not be hired. OMG, I stood quite and then said that corporate politics is silly and that I am an excellent accountant but a really great tax preparer, SO I CALL the husband away from the office and he was in shock.

I went home and then called the person whom I spoke to all week and he was not in. The next morning I call my contact...group leader who was in SHOCK... so he gets the owner out of a meeting and said they will bring my case up at two. Well, two days later and he said he would call...I am still out of work,,,

I am sick that someones word is not worth anything...I had an offer...and ugh...well, the final interviewer wanted info on my neighbor and I refused to tell her. It is none of her business. So I am very sad but my DS is having a party here this weekend so there is no time to be sad. the sad part is that his party was limited by us (his parents) and some of these stinkers were mad that we were limiting the amount of high schoolers..so they went to someone else home (a mansion) my home would be their outhouse..lol... and these kids expect loads of kids otherwise they banish the other friends

SO now the pressure is on me..to have the nice kids who are OK with a parent limiting the amount of kids in ones home.

Help me god....

Kate...As it goes with your friends dingy girlfriend....what happened in Haiti was more than a disaster but it shows that no matter your race or religion good people band together and help. As for us, we do donate and pay dues but for the grace of god... it is nice to see that others feel for others...I DID HAVE A FRIEND till she gave us hell for helping the Haitians...she claimed that she pays her taxes and that was enough... well, I told her if you do not want to send money or offer your services then at least take some cans out of the pantry and put in the boxes where the kids were (son did that)

SHE IS NOT MY FRIEND because her comment is not allowed on this board

have a great day

Busy day here today. Baking and getting things ready for this weekend. We leave tomorrow after the kids all get out of school. And to top it off, they are calling for snow. OMG.

Tomorrow I will pack our suitcase and finish up on a few other things. I need to get some games together. Skipbo and a few others.

I had another really good eating day. I did step on the scale this morning and was very pleased at what I saw. It will be hard this weekend but I plan to keep myself extra busy with the kids. My next fill appointment is on the 16th. I'm hoping to lose about 8 more pounds by than. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Laura, good luck with the party plans and I'm sorry about the job. I bet that really hurt your feelings.