Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Kat: check in when you can...you have my continued prayers

Suzie: glad your house is nice and warm again. It is so wonderful when the men in our lives are capable of fixing things

Tracy: happy packing and moving

Jenn: it sounds like that you had fun last night, oh, and my day off, not fun, but I am glad I had it, because my oldest needed me

On that note, please continue prayers for my stepdaughter. She and her husband decided the docs up there weren't making any progress. They were treating symptoms (poorly) and not getting a diagnosis. She decided to travel to Baton Rouge (about 90 miles away) to see my doc at Ochsner. I was off last Monday, so I went with her to that appt and the OBGYN that afternoon. The docs in Mississippi were going to fax her labs they did on Tuesday morning.

On Monday, before seeing the labs, new doc thought it was probably fibromyalgia, but said he wanted to see the labs to be sure. Labs came in and he called her house on Thursday and said she needed new labs Friday morning. He said it looked like immune disorder like lupus.

Well, Friday morning at 7:45 she called me crying. She hadn't slept in 2 days and hadn't eaten in 3. I had her call the doc office. I met her there and she saw the NP, since doc was gone. She had her new labs done. They gave medication to treat the pain until the labs come back on Monday. I requested a shot for her. They gave her demerol and phenegran. She was in so much pain she was still completely lucid after having both of those shots. No slurred speech, no lethargy, nothing. It dulled the pain and she was finally able to eat. Oh, she had lost 11 lbs from her appt on Mon until Friday.

Ok, that afternoon, I went with her to the ultrasound ordered by the OBGYN, tech said her uterus was so swollen he could barely see anything (same thing wrong with me last year), he rushed these over to her doc who will call Monday morning. So, on top of everything else, she may be looking at a hysterectomy soon. My poor darling is so frustrated and sad. She is 26, with 3 small kids and a husband she loves. In the condition she is in now, she knows she isn't able, at the moment, to be a good wife or mother and it is killing her. So, again, any and all prayers are needed and very much appreciated. I just know as soon as they get this properly diagnosed, she can begin treatment, and she will begin to feel better. I just hope it is really soon.:blink:

Yep Tracy, I am good. Rick getting in, and trying to get everything caught up....everytime I thought I had time to post, something come up or someone come in. His Mom is up to her usual----the chimney needs cleaned, and the car is running funny, and yadday, yadda, yadda.

He already worked on and fixed sons sewer drain problem, which was not a big deal, but son is at a new job, putting in tons of hours, and it is dark when he leaves, and dark when he gets home....add to that the fact that our temps have been ranging from several below 0 to highs in the mid 20's---and he has had hell. Rick was able to work on it in the daylight, and got it fixed. But his Mom is irritating the hell outta me!

We had plans to do a little shopping and go to a movie, just be together, and she did her level best to interupt every little bit! He finally told her, to turn on the heater, and he would TRY to get to her stovepipe today. So he goes out this morning to do it, and they have a raging fire going. Well you can't very well clean it if it is burning hot, and if it is plugged, why are they using it? He was so mad, he just told her, call me when it is ready, did not even go in to visit. She will be 10 times as bad now. But he knows it too! He is good about telling her what is what, she is just better at ignoring it!! LOL

Today we have my next to youngest grandsons 1st birthday party for the kids. We did a dinner with the grandparents on his actual birthday the 7th. Today they are having all the cousins etc. and having a build your own sundae party. Kinsey is so excited, she wants lots of chocolate, and no sprinkles! She is a girl after my own heart. Connor wants gummies on his----he must be like his mom, she eats lots of gummies, and fruity candy, not chocolate.

Rick is putting a new battery in the van. The other one was warrantied, it did not last. I think they should have had to do the work of installing it, but he prefers to do it himself.

After the birthday we are taking our kids and grandkids to dinner. Probably Chilis, it is the only place the son out law will eat. Right now the thought of eating makes me nauseas. I ate a bit of Breakfast, and I simply cannot eat much in the morning, it is too long to digest, and when I swallow all my saliva, I end up too full--and feel like hell. By about noon, my band loosens up and I can eat ok, but morning is HARD for me. Not worth messing with! I can drink clear liquids----water, tea, soda---thin stuff---but even cappucino or Soup is too much. It might be all in my head, but it feels like it is all in my belly!! LOL

Well I am off to get dressed. I bought some new shoes yesterday. They are taller than shoes, but not as high as an ankle high boot, right in the middle. Amazingly, they are really light weight---and are Doc Martens. Most of them are SO heavy. I like DM's because they fit my foot well, and have lots of toe room, I hate my toes squeezed in shoes!! But these are nice, all leather, and lighter than any DM's I have ever come across! I am happy! Also bought a couple of shirts at Sears---for $4.99 each. Some good sales out there! I would have shopped more.....but I was with my anti shopping husband!!! In and out and on our way is his way to shop!! Maybe this week I'll go look.

Will check in with all of you later. Glad to hear you had a good time Jen.

Cindy, keeping your stepdaughter in my prayers. How horrible for her to have to suffer like that. I hope all turns out well.

Kat, I bet you are so glad to have Rick back, even if he's busy doing things for everyone else. Just having him close is the whole thing. Maybe next time don't let anyone know he's back for at least one day, that way you guys can have a little you time.

Here I was hoping to have a nice quiet weekend, well family has a way of making that not so. Younger sis picked this weekend to tell us that she has been lying to us for the last 4 months. Without going into it here, just suffice it to say I was not real happy about anything that happened yesterday. So today has been the suckiest eating day. Horrible doesn't even begin to tell it like it is. Does brownies for breakfast, brownies for snack, brownies for lunch sound like a winner. :blink: I gave the rest away so I will have to find out something dinner.< /span>

Jenn, a retired Marine???? Semper Fi, girl.

Good Morning

had the nicest date with a retired marine last night! he is so cute... actually asked me if we can start dating :)

Well?? What was your ANSWER?? lol

Tracy: happy packing and moving

Sounds crazy but I am really enjoying it. We really got alot done! I am pooped but in a good way.

On that note, please continue prayers for my stepdaughter. She and her husband decided the docs up there weren't making any progress. They were treating symptoms (poorly) and not getting a diagnosis. She decided to travel to Baton Rouge (about 90 miles away) to see my doc at Ochsner. I was off last Monday, so I went with her to that appt and the OBGYN that afternoon. The docs in Mississippi were going to fax her labs they did on Tuesday morning.

On Monday, before seeing the labs, new doc thought it was probably fibromyalgia, but said he wanted to see the labs to be sure. Labs came in and he called her house on Thursday and said she needed new labs Friday morning. He said it looked like immune disorder like lupus.

Well, Friday morning at 7:45 she called me crying. She hadn't slept in 2 days and hadn't eaten in 3. I had her call the doc office. I met her there and she saw the NP, since doc was gone. She had her new labs done. They gave medication to treat the pain until the labs come back on Monday. I requested a shot for her. They gave her demerol and phenegran. She was in so much pain she was still completely lucid after having both of those shots. No slurred speech, no lethargy, nothing. It dulled the pain and she was finally able to eat. Oh, she had lost 11 lbs from her appt on Mon until Friday.

Ok, that afternoon, I went with her to the ultrasound ordered by the OBGYN, tech said her uterus was so swollen he could barely see anything (same thing wrong with me last year), he rushed these over to her doc who will call Monday morning. So, on top of everything else, she may be looking at a hysterectomy soon. My poor darling is so frustrated and sad. She is 26, with 3 small kids and a husband she loves. In the condition she is in now, she knows she isn't able, at the moment, to be a good wife or mother and it is killing her. So, again, any and all prayers are needed and very much appreciated. I just know as soon as they get this properly diagnosed, she can begin treatment, and she will begin to feel better. I just hope it is really soon.:sad:

Poor thing. Please keep us posted and I will pray for her. What is her first name if you dont mind me asking?

Yep Tracy, I am good. Rick getting in, and trying to get everything caught up....everytime I thought I had time to post, something come up or someone come in. His Mom is up to her usual----the chimney needs cleaned, and the car is running funny, and yadday, yadda, yadda.

So has he talked to anyone about the job offer? btw, you are a better woman than me cause his mom would have pissed me straight off and you know me...I would have said something. lol

So today has been the suckiest eating day. Horrible doesn't even begin to tell it like it is. Does brownies for breakfast, brownies for snack, brownies for lunch sound like a winner. :blush:

Heck YES it sounds like a winner. But then again, do not listen to me...Aunt Flow is here and I crave chocolate this time of the month.:blink:

We got alot accomplished today as far as moving goes. It is the kind of place that makes me want to throw a dinner party or just party period! I just may do that!

Have a great night everyone! :Yawn:

Cindy, your DD will be in my prayers. I sometimes wonder with problems as severe as hers, and she has a family, why they put off a hysterectomy like they do. If I had done mine in the beginning when my serious problems began, I would have avoided the cancer....I said many times to take it all---but no they always had another thing to try! I hope they find something to ease her pain quickly. Fibromyalgia is not pain of that sort. It is centralized in several joint/muscle areas. And the more trigger areas you have the higher the possibility of it being fibro. My Mom has it, and hurts, but not in the way you are talking about your DD hurting.

My DD has RA, and has pain associated with it, as well as other health issues related to it. I have RA---but mine has never ever flared. The only way I know I have it is, the arthritis they removed from my knees during surgery is red tinted, and tests as RA.

Tracy, yes he went and spoke with the guy about the other job, they did not seem to want to negotiate pay. If he changed jobs he would lose the 5 weeks paid vacation he has each year now---and he would lose the equivalent of $8.70 an hour. So he said thanks but no thanks and left. Now we will see if they ever counter offer or not. He is ok with it. He knows he can get a job there if lay offs happen!

Birthday party today was fun, chaotic, but fun. Managed to deal with the ex wife and the DD's inlaws as well. Talk about a bunch of wierdos! The SIL and he family were having conniption fits, because we were letting the baby tear up a cake. His room and all is TOTALLY decorated in dinosaurs. He doesn't care yet, but SIL is very into them, so he has every dinosaur known to man, high dollar ones! Ones he does not want any of the kids playing with! Well there were 9 kids there, and all day he was freaking out! DD made DGS a cake---a chocolate cake, she began with a couple of 8" square layers, and cut them up and frosted them to look like a mountain, and had dinosaurs on the mountain, and green icing around the base like grass. SIL about come undone when she sat the cake on Corvins high chair tray. He did not want him digging in the cake. He wants to train him using utensils. So as soon as he began getting into the cake and covering himself in chocolate, he and his Mom grabbed him up to clean him up. He never really got to enjoy the cake....its a shame. He is in for a strange raising.

We were supposed to go to dinner, but Connor got in trouble with my DIL---rightfully---he hit Mom---so they went home, and no one felt right about going without them, so we each went home. Come in, made some fish....did really good with dinner, did really good at the party, then had ice cream tonight----go figure!

Suzanne, I am sorry your sister is doing this. I hate being lied to. I can imagine your anger and disappointment.

Will check in with y'all in the morning. Not sure what tomorrow holds, besides laundry!!!

Thanks for asking, Tracy. Her name is Erica.

*** side note*** after I posted this, I noticed it had the "has not updated in over 80 days, please update" where my ticker is....GRRRRRRR THAT IS BECAUSE I HAVEN'T LOST IN THAT LONG, TICKER JERKS!!! ok, so I just went in and updated with the same weight. I am fine now, just lost it for a minute. Thank you.

Edited by crzytchr

Morning all

Kat - sounds so much more like you that Rick is back :blush:. I have turned into a boot addict this year. I've never been able to wear them because they never fit - so now I can't get enough. You continue to be in my prayers.

Cindy - Ericka will be in my prayers. I hear you about the ticker. I have a stupid 15lbs to go for my personal and I can't get the scale to move either.

Hi Suzanne, are you staying warm?

Tracy - I said yes, but here is the thing, i'm emotionally unstable which I'm ok with, but he said it perfectly, I scare him because he has not felt like this in a long time. And I am freaked too, but he had to go to Nebraska yesterday and is going to be bringing is girls back here with him. So I am not needy, but don't need to have a great date and then get pushed to the side, but I think what scares me most is that with everyone I've dated in the last year with my crazy up and down, I have not felt a spark with anyone like this

Well, i'm off to get ready to go on my Patriot Hills mission today and really want to hit the gym. So have a wonderful day and I'll be back

love ya'll

Most of you don't know me, but there are a few of you that do. So to everyone here Hello. Prayers to those who need it. Good luck with the move.

Kat I am so glad that Rick is home with you. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. Don't hesitate to call me to talk, laugh or cry! I will be having another PET and CAT scan on the 26th to see how much my cancer has shrunk. Then more chemo on the 28th. After that we will go from there. More chemo or start radiation.

I want to be there for you as you have been there for me. You have been such a rock and I truly:wub: appreciate it. I love you Kat. Thank you.

Awww thanks Paula! I am hanging in there, the unknown is scary---I take the old plan for the worst, hope for the best tactic. I have not told my parents, and have only alluded to having to have more tests to the kids. They will have time to deal with it later if it comes to that. Expecially with my parents, they will be heartbroke---no need to prolong the worries.

The itching and burning, have eased. I am using oil on it, nothing else. Quit using it after my shower last night, and will use nothing now until after my appt. on Wed.

DD is sick, so I am going after Kinsey, who just got over it! We are going to Target to pick up some prescriptions for them. Gotta go pay my insurance, somehow I missed it, last month.....I honestly missed it too! I pay online, and it was not paid! LOL, so now I have to make it current to continue paying online. Irritates me! But it is on the way, so will stop and pay it, and then get my stuff done.

Rick is cleaning the folks chimney after work. They never called so he called them, and they were using electric heaters.....hello! They have a fully functioning heat system in their home! They have the funds to run it for something like this! Iknow it is expensive, but it's better than freezing! I swear those two will drive me nuts!

I feel better with Rick home. Before he left we had some minor vandalism (?) in our backyard. Nothing bad, but someone took a cigarette and burned the strings attaching the clappers to my windchimes off---all 4 of them. Did the same to the things holding my birdhouse, and birdfeeder. Left them all lying in a line on the ground. Cigarette was crushed out on the patio. No one here smokes anymore. I thought that was all, then when Rick and DD were out there checking it out, my DD says "Oh sh*t" we turn to see what and she is staring at the BBQ grill which is just outside the back door, and someone had used the chalk I have out there for the kids and wrote BOO on the grill. It is right next to my big window. 2 nights before finding all this, I saw something flash out there, figured one of our solar lights was blinking (which they do if they catch another light source) or a firefly or something....bothered me enough tho at the time, I closed the blinds, then forgot about it. Guess I shouldn't have.

So when he was gone, I was a bit stressed. The last time someone messed in our yard, the messages were much more sinister, and it ended up being my ex. To the best of my knowledge my ex remains in prison---------but these charges he is in on now are not against me, so I am not notified of his release.

So I loaded the gun, and I carry it. Not a huge deal, I have no issues whatsoever about shooting him. I know that sounds extreme. But I know in my heart of hearts, it will come down to him or me if it ever comes to it. I have been the receiver of his out of control anger before, and will not be again. Will not have him here to threaten and hurt my family again.

Y'all have no problem writing me in prison right???

But yeah, I am very glad Rick is home!!! I am sleeping, and eating, and feel much more relaxed.

Jenn, leaving to go get his kids, is not ignoring you---it is what was in his plans BEFORE you! What he plans from this point out will be telling, does he include you, want you to meet his dd's etc. But same as you made your plans for today before meeting him....he likely had done the same. Don't take it personally.

I AM needy!!! My DD's are so not! Rick is somewhere in the middle, but he has patience that I have none of! I want to hear he loves me on a daily basis! Not a big deal, I do hear it very often, and I am not a basket case if he hangs up without saying it or anything like that. I am not movie crazy! BUT, I am comforted by KNOWING. I do not act crazy, but pull into myself if I feel let down by anyone. My girls say screw 'em and move on. I question MYSELF! I do not have anywhere the self esteem they do, nor the confidence in myself they do.

If I did nothing else right, I am proud they are capable and know their own worth. I was raised by a very traditional 1950"s homemaker, and it shows!!! Wierd!

Gotta go get the girl and the meds, see y'all later!

Stick around and get to know the girls Paula!

hi

Kat - i do know what you are saying, I think I am just too afraid of even letting my guard down at this point and don't even want to risk being hurt. if that makes any sense. I had a connection and don't know how to deal with that.

Hi Paula, nice to meet you.

Home from work, out to breakfast with friends and over to the hospital to check on Sis. It's amazing how much a person can puke who hasn't eaten in 3 days or even had anything to drink. They keep pumping her wit IV fluids, trying to keep her hydrated. Poor thing. We both managed to snooze for about 20 minutes before they came in to take more blood. Hopefully she will be home in the next day or 2.

I'm not a needy person either. I don't need for hubby to tell me everyday that he loves me, but he does it anyway. We have always tried our hardest to tell each other everyday how much we love each other. But if a day goes by that we don't get it said, that's ok. We both know deep in our hearts how we feel.

If something should ever happen to hubby it's not that I will need to run out and find someone to take his place. Right now I can say that I will most likely spend my days without going out and looking for someone. Not that I will die a lonely old lady. I will have my family and friends, I just don't feel that I need to replace one love with another love. If someone should happen to just come along, that would be fine.

Now I'm going to rest for a little and than head back to work. I have a group coming in and I will need to show them the ropes.

Have a great evening.

arent you all glad that you are happy and secure with your hubby's?

This was so much easier when younger, and I didn't think I would click like that, it just happened, i was looking forward to dinner and that's about it.

Happy and secure....You bet

Hard work....You bet

Too bad they don't have one of those little warning labels on Marriage Certificates.

i logged my food and exercise, and if everyday was like today I would be at 164 in 5 weeks....

one can dream right?

Jenn, Good luck in your journey. I know your a strong enough person to reach that goal.

Very busy day for me today so I won't be able to check in till later today.

Need to get my butt in gear and also get my head in this. I've wasted 12 days of thos new year.Just think, I could be down 5-6 pounds by now.

Have a great day everyone.

Kat, special prayers for you.