Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tummy tuck 9/9/09!

Mini, I am sorry you are having a down day, but I am glad you posted about it. I hope hope hope you feel better tomorrow, or even tonight!!!!! I love your spirit and know this little set back won't keep you down.

Mimi

Mini, I am sorry you are having a down day, but I am glad you posted about it. I hope hope hope you feel better tomorrow, or even tonight!!!!! I love your spirit and know this little set back won't keep you down.

Mimi

Thanks, Mimi. I just took a little nap and that helped.

HI Mini,

So sorry to hear you have had a rough day. I hope you feel more like yourself soon. Thank you for sharing the good and tough stuff about surgery. I think what you are going through is completely normal and an important part of the whole process. I too, don't see myself as I am, now that I am smaller. I have always been very big and it is new territory to be in as a "normal" weight. I can only imagine how alien it feels to see your new body but not feel yourself touching it. It is a whole brand new you on the outside. Such a trasformation! I'm sending gentle hugs to you and wishing you comfort. Thanks for sharing so honestly about how this has been for you. It will help me and many others prepare when it our time. Your day 6 pics are amazing!

Barb

Mini:

Sorry you're having a down day. Your hormones get messed up when you have such a big surgery and it can bring on some depression. Things will get better soon.

The numbness will improve. I would say that I have about 70% of my feeling back at 4 months out from my Tummy Tuck.< /p>

You'll be amazed how much better you'll feel because you don't have those damn drains hanging from you anymore. That was when I really felt like I was a new person, after the drains came out.

Hope your next few days are better. You should stand up after you read these emails and go to the nearest loved one and tell them that you deserve some hugs. It might help!

Take care.

Sue

Your comment about the thighs is one of the biggest reasons I'm apprehensive to have PS. I worry that I will wish I had my thighs done....followed by a dream of having my breasts lifted and maybe augmented, too. Where does it end?! I'm hesitant to even go for a consult because I'm worried I'll be the poster child for the women addicted to Plastic Surgery.......

L2T7, I am going through exactly what you are describing. Boob lift and arm lift in January and TT and possible augmentation in March. My family thinks I am addicted to PS but I think I am just fixing what needs to be fixed. Yes, I am worried about my cottage cheese thighs and sagging arse but I will live with them. I think if I was younger my family would be more supportive.

Mimi

L2T7, I am going through exactly what you are describing. Boob lift and arm lift in January and TT and possible augmentation in March. My family thinks I am addicted to PS but I think I am just fixing what needs to be fixed. Yes, I am worried about my cottage cheese thighs and sagging arse but I will live with them. I think if I was younger my family would be more supportive.

Mimi

Mimi,

Are you self pay? I'm trying to save up as much money as I possibly can, just in case. My frustration now is that I can fit into smaller clothes, but I have horrible muffin top or my big legs get in the way. I just want my legs tightened up.....though they don't look bad. They're in the way! I haven't had kids yet. I'm still single and prospects for having any right now are slim---but not sure it's worth having a Tummy Tuck before that---just in case?! I'm gonna skip the arms. I know I can deal with that.

Thanks for responding. :blushing: Sorry you don't feel like your family is more supportive. I think sometimes it takes someone else who has been heavy and lost weight to truly understand....

Oh, yes, I am self pay....another reason my family isn't as supportive as they could be. They want me to save my money for a rainy day. I get their point but my self esteem is urging me forward. I have been saving money for a long time so I can have the surgery. I think you are right about ppl not understanding as much if they have never had a wt problem.

Mini, sorry to have highjacked your thread.

Mimi

Thanks for the support, ladies. I am feeling better today . . . I think you're right, Sue, that major surgery really messes with you hormonally, etc. And, yes, I think getting the drains out is going to help quite a bit.

As for the continuing surgeries issue . . . I had planned to get a breast lift with my TT, and then changed my mind a few weeks ago. Now, of course, my breasts look awful to me. Thighs are disgusting. Butt is saggy and flat. Everytime I mention any of this stuff, DH says "Oh no. Are you going to want to get that fixed now too?" I am also self-pay and really can't afford to have multiple plastic surgeries. I think it's just hard for people to understand what it's like to have such poor body image for years and years and finally have a chance to look good.

Mini, I am glad you are feeling better, and yes our whole body and systems are affected by the anesthesia and surgery. I am sorry you are going through a down time but appreciate knowing about it so when it happens to me I will recognize that it is part of the package.

Mimi

Oh, my goodness, YES, Mini!!! I completely agree. I was just "chatting" with Mimi on PM (so as not to completely ruin your strand here...) and I think the completion of my journey is when I can truly feel ok with myself naked. I'm not looking for perfection. I realize I have abused my body for more than 30 years. I unfortunately wear the scars of that. It saddens me to have worked so hard and to still feel so insecure, if not worse now....the skin that is all stretch marks and sags never did this before, when I was fat! Who knew you could get stretch marks in some of the places I've found them....I think I need to do a little more work on the inside, before making my appointment for a TT. :biggrin:

Edited by notateechanow

Go to Costa Rica. I'm going on the advice of my lapband surgeon!! Just do your homework and go some place reputable. You are going to be paying a lot less money.

Oh, my goodness, YES, Mini!!! I completely agree. I was just "chatting" with Mimi on PM (so as not to completely ruin your strand here...) and I think the completion of my journey is when I can truly feel ok with myself naked. I'm not looking for perfection. I realize I have abused my body for more than 30 years. I unfortunately wear the scars of that. It saddens me to have worked so hard and to still feel so insecure, if not worse now....the skin that is all stretch marks and sags never did this before, when I was fat! Who knew you could get stretch marks in some of the places I've found them....I think I need to do a little more work on the inside, before making my appointment for a TT. :biggrin:

Wow, I don't think I'll ever like myself naked. I'd be okay with just liking myself clothed at this point!

Good luck!! I'm heading to Costa Rica next week for Tummy Tuck, Lipo on waist, hips and saddlebags and upper thigh lift. Scared but excited!

I hope your surgery went really really well!! Denise

Oh, that is so exciting! Please let everyone know how it goes!!