Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Exercise Challenge

Im a bit late but I will join.

I worked out a couple times the first week and I worked out yesterday. Tonight Im going to do it again. Trying the Jillian Michaels DVD 30 day shred. I may be on the first workout for the rest of my life lol.

So I got a little scared the other day when I hit the 1 month count down till the marathon - so not ready.

Today was one of my last 3 long training walks before it:

walked 18.2 miles - feel like I could die or have!

Still here, just haven't been "feeling it" lately. Still working out lifting weights, but took a week off from running. Back at it yesterday. Ran 2 miles yesterday and 3 today.

Morning Warriors!

Have been working out, but not posting here like I should...

Still walking a lot, working my way through the Couch-to-5k program. Am up to running 2.5 miles (did that a few days ago, only walked about 4 blocks of the distance) and recently did a 3 mile walk for Diabetes in just about 30 minutes.

Really proud of my progress, getting stronger and continuing to lose the weight...getting in lots of Protein, noticing a lot less hunger after my latest fill.

Just invested in an elliptical trainer to go with my rowing machine for the wintertime. Once it gets slick underfoot, I won't be running outside. I live in an old town - lots of the sidewalks are slate on my regular route, which gets unpleasantly slippery when it's wet or has frost on it. Mornings will probably move to inside exercise, with outside walks in the afternoon. I generally get pretty clean sidewalks at work, so unless it's bitterly cold (below 0) I'll continue my walks at work.

Hope everyone is doing fine! :mad:

Just joining...........

Been walking an hour at lunch everyday (maybe miss one a week) and walk about an hour every evening after dinner (maybe miss one a week).

weight.png

Welcome Zoom-Zoom!

ditto

How did you get the name zoom-zoom?I am Jolly green becasue that is the name that they gave me in elementary school.. in the valley of the jolly....green giant :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t: I was 6 feet in 6th grade and stopped growing.. taller than the guys at school graduations...hated the name and could not even buy green giant veggies... now...guess menapause... or being a seasoned individual :w00t: :scared2: :):thumbup::mad::thumbup::thumbup::wub::wub::wub:

Morning All!

Keeping up the walking - good walk at lunchtime yesterday, felt the hamstrings crying for mercy as I powered up the killer hill on campus. Time is dropping - what used to take me 35 minutes is now down to 28...

No walk this morning...was up late last night watching the CSI premiere and got distracted this morning. Walked from the train station to my office, shaved a couple of minutes off that time as well...

Running in the morning - 2.5 miles with DH. Got a busy Saturday ahead - college football game (DH's community college is playing in NY) then comedy show (Cedric the Entertainer in NYC)...gotta get the run in early!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone if I don't check in before Monday!:scared2:

ditto

How did you get the name zoom-zoom?I am Jolly green becasue that is the name that they gave me in elementary school.. in the valley of the jolly....green giant :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t: I was 6 feet in 6th grade and stopped growing.. taller than the guys at school graduations...hated the name and could not even buy green giant veggies... now...guess menapause... or being a seasoned individual :w00t: :scared2: :):thumbup::mad::thumbup::thumbup::wub::wub::wub:

I just love the way it sounds and with all my new energy it fits really well. I am just a zooming around.

Welcome Zoom-Zoom!

Thank you!!!

Zoom-Zomm:eek: So you can zoom around :wub::smile2: check out EbonyRoses blog but start at the beginining I went in the other direction.

:thumbup: Then get some tissues :) ... she is so :wub: :) inspirational :huh2::huh2:and you will see how great and positive she has been on her journey. :mad::thumbup:

:w00t::sneaky: It is in common sense english, wish my old nutritionist had her insight :w00t::sneaky:

I was :scared2: now :tt2: naw :w00t: :wub: :w00t:

Jollygreen :w00t: was here :ohmy:

Zoom-Zomm:eek: So you can zoom around :wub::smile2: check out EbonyRoses blog but start at the beginining I went in the other direction.

:w00t: Then get some tissues :) ... she is so :) :ohmy: inspirational :tt2::huh2:and you will see how great and positive she has been on her journey. :mad::thumbup:

:w00t::sneaky: It is in common sense english, wish my old nutritionist had her insight :w00t::sneaky:

I was :scared2: now :tt2: naw :w00t: :wub: :huh2:

Jollygreen :wub: was here :w00t:

Thank YOU Jollygreen for the wonderful comment and for recommending my blog - I really appreciate that. I love that we can support each other here...I don't know what I would have done without this site during my journey.

Going out for a lunchtime walk and a small lunch with friends...it's wonderful to want to go to lunch because I want to see the PEOPLE...the food is no longer the main attraction!:thumbup: