Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Howdy from Texas, y'all! I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone, especially since I've been lurking! :nervous My name is Karen (aka The Cheeky Band Geeky ~ and yes, I was truly a different kind of band geek in highschool & college!) I'm looking at getting banded after the first of the year here in the N.Tx area. I've been doing alot of homework on the band and ready various forums, and I have to say ~ this is ABSOLUTELY the best forum on this subject!

It's nice to be here and ALL OF YOU are a wonderful source encouragement! Upon looking at the scar pics, before/after pics and just reading how supportive you are to each other is truly amazing and so very comforting. I look forward to participating as well as I can until I get banded!

Welcome aboard. It's always nice to have new people joining. This is a great group and extremely supportive, knowlegable and caring. There's alot of laughing and crying on this board, along with some occasional screaming, but there is always someone there to help out.

Have you decided on a doctor yet?

Good Luck, and again, welcome aboard.

Cindy

Have you decided on a doctor yet?

I'm looking at Dr. Wade Barker in the area and then I saw that someone here used a Dr. in Lewisville, TX (VERY close to me). I was going to go to Dr. Ortiz in Tijuana, but with my other health probs (asthma, Migraines, bad knee, etc), I can't risk any issues with US doctors not wanting to help me if there was an issue, plus, it's not exactly easy for me to get down there. I've been emailing the doctors in the area to see what their costs are and going from there. I have Cigna and I know they're horrible to pay for Lap-banding, so I'll be a self pay.

I'm looking SO forward to being 'one of y'all'!

Hi Karen~

I agree, this is a great place! I'm sorta new here too, but I cannot stop myself from coming here every 10 seconds. LOL. Everyone here is so supportive.

Well, hope to see you around more and I wish you luck on your journey to WLS. :(

Check our Surgery Center of Richardson - they have several docs to choose from and a $15k cash deal if you are self pay. They specialize in LapBand - that's pretty much all they do. Just a little more research and homework for you.

Welcome!

Hi, from North Texas! Happy to have you aboard. I was banded by a great Dr. in Denton. Good support group, etc. Welcome!!