Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Step It Up Marchies

I'm starting the September, 2009 thread. We may be sparse in logging on but we'll still know where to find each other.

So, let's Step It Up and meet our Goals. It's in us and we can do it.

Hello To All

The 1st of September was a new beginning for me. I did't have any cravings and ate very little. I had an eating urge but managed to get through it. The scale didn't go up and is slow going down. But, down rather than up. Still making it to the gym, which may be keeping me from gaining more if I didn't.

My September plan is to start the group personal training again, 2) get back into my step aerobic class 3) any other free classes at least 3x a week 4) and gym in the mornings. The gym opens at 6am, so I can exercise, shower and get to work from there.

Well, it's a plan. What's yours for the month of September?

hey,

thanks whitepants for starting the sept thread.

well i really need a kick in the pants.

i am finally able to eat again after getting completely unfilled. i was not able to eat much at all since being banded. it felt great to have a salad, sandwich, etc

the problem is...i havent stopped snacking.

i am so happy with the way i look and it's almost as if i want to sabotage myself.

i need to get off sugar....plain and simple.

one upside...i started the gym again. so i think that will help me get back on track

i really need to journal my food too. i did get rid of my scales because they actually make me eat more. when i was successfull in the past 2 1/2 years i did everything above...especially only weighing myself 1X a month

so please give me a kick in the pants...i dont want to go back to where i came from...

josie

I think now is the time most of us need that kick. It just to easy to fall back into the old ways, besides it very tiring to have to work at it all the time. You look great, so stick with it. Sorry you have to get a complete unfill. Is that just temporary thing? Let us know how your doing.

Most of don't post often, but we are here for everyone.

I got up my nerve today and got some injections in both of my knee. I hope they work. I'm so tire of them hurting and I really can't do much. I have to go back for the next two week for more injections, which doesn't make me happy, but if the work I will go every week if that is what I have to do.

Good luck and stay strong.

Carol

Good Evening To All,

Josiebies: I remember that feeling when I couldn't eat, got the unfill and was able to eat again. But, remember at times we still have to go back to the "basics". 1. food scale - Portion Control. 2.protein, vegetable and carbs - balanced meals. 3. low sodium and 4. exercise.

Carol: You're right it's tiring trying keep up with the execising and eating right to lose weight and keep it off. I expected to be at my goal weight by 12/2007. I was going to eat right, exercise and do it by the book. Well, here I am 2 1/2 years later still working at it.

But, no matter how many times we back slide we get back and begin losing gain. Even that become trying. But, we have to do it.

Even I'm going back to the basics. So, I'm expected to

meet my goal by the end of the year at least. That's a 25lbs loss.

So, let's go back to setting and meeting the small goals to get to the big goals. We can do this.

Thanks Gwen and Carol for the support.

i found a weight watchers thread on this forum. it got me to thinking what i liked about WW. the journalling and support you get is what i liked. so i think i am going to re-join WW to supplement my band.

i normally am good at journaling when i am in WW. i contacted a friend that is a WW lecturer. i think dedicating 1 hr a week to this wont be too much. she told me (despite rumors i have heard) WW is not "against" lapbands. in fact they look at it as a supplement. i see both "programs' supporting each other.

i will keep you posted.

gwen: i like your plan to meet your goal by end of the year. maybe we can do this together. i like your idea of setting small goals.

how about we start by saying we will at least check in with each other each day? even if it is to just say "hey". i will commit to this

carol: definitely go back for the second injections. from what i hear from people when they get those on their knees and shoulders...it works. i'm glad you are finding a solution.

anyway girls....have a great day!!!

josie

Good Day to All.

josiebies - I can go along with reporting every other day or every three days results. Once a week will give us too much time to fall off and struggle to get back on and get frustrated. Do we start a new private thread on try to keep it ongoing here on this thread? Let's set a start date (I'm telling you right now, Sunday won't work for me. I cook most of my meals for the week and with the tasting of what I make, it won't fly.)

Is there anyone else who would like to join? Since I don't really have buddy who needs to lose weight also, this is what I need to challenge me. Thanks for the idea.

carol - in addition to the shots, did your dr. recommend the glusomaine/chroditin pills? Inquire about them before you purchase them. Use modern medicine to get your problem under control and use nature to help keep it down. Are you a heavy meat eater? Maybe cutting back on the meat, starting w/ the red meat may help. Not sure, just suggesting.

Hope everyone who has come back is doing well. Have a great weekend.

It's in us to do this.

Hello Marchies..

Im finally back from my trip to Poland.. and i had a great time... but needless to say my band loosened up and was able to eat everything again... But on the suprising side i actually lost 2lbs.. lol i was sure that i would gain...

So anyways... time to get back on track... my goal for this month is to lose 5lbs... but i really have to go back to the band rules... for some reason i having a very hard tie doing this...

I also plan on going back to the gym... which will be hard to do considering that i havent been there in almost 3 weeks, b/c of my vacation..

I also am going for an adjustment next thurseday, b/c i really need one.. am able to eat way too much!!!

ok gotta go ttyl

Jen Jen

HI Everyone how are thing with you?

Jeni85, glad you're safe at home. Like you I'm going tomorrow for another fill. I haven't had one since Nov. 2008. So, I'm long overdue for one. I too am eating more than a portion size. I thought I could do this without a fill but I see I can't.

Hoping everyone has something good to post.

Hi All, just checking in.

I went to the dr. today and he didn't feel I needed another fill. This was from the questionnaire what's completed before seeing him, I really didn't want want anyway. But since I was eating as before I thought I would need another. So, I'm really on my own to lose these extra pounds. This should be interesting. I want to lose as much as I can before the end of the year. Whatever I lose I think I will have reached my body weight goal. So, please wish me luck.

How is everyone else doing?

Gwen

Glad to hear that your doing ok. You will do ok, you have done so good so far. It will be tuff, but your tuff.

I had the 2nd of 3 set of injections in my knees today. I'm hoping that the will start to feel better. I would like to be able to go on vacation soon and enjoy the walking around. I would like to go for a walk peroid. I miss not walking for fun.

Everybody have a good day. Keep in touch love hearing how people are doing.

Carol

Hey fellow Marchies--glad I found you again. Something must have happened with my subscription thread and I realized I haven't heard from my Marchies this month--or even last! How time flies. So I just caught up and am glad you are all still supporting us all. Thanks!

So sorry to hear of the cancer, Mrs. Husker. Good for you being so courageous and determined. What a great attitude you have--it will serve you well.

Teenage daughters--argh! I raised NINE of them. Glad those days are over although, at times, my empty nest seems incredibly empty. But we are great friends, now, and I'm sure you'll find that once your daughter is on the other side of the fence (as we call it), she'll be apologizing to you for your extra gray hairs. It really is all worth it.

I was just laid off again last week--twice in year just isn't funny! After being laid off from the US Ski team in January, I took a job in May (after sending out 154 resumes) with a remodeling/construction firm. I loved my job but, unfortunately, we ran out of customers now that winter is approaching. My boss says he'll hire me back in March when business picks up again so I'm hoping that's the case. I have a busy fall/winter ahead with a new grandbaby in CA and all the kids coming for Christmas--29 people in all! So it's okay for now but, of course, the income will be sorely missed.

As far as weight loss, I'm at a standstill again so need to ramp up the exercise, etc. I'm with you Carol--haven't lost as much as others but SO glad I have the band because if I didn't, I'd be in a horrible zone right now. I'm really grateful for what I've lost and, honestly, if I don't lose much more I'll be okay. Just 9 more lbs. puts me in a "normal BMI" range so I'm hoping for that.

Wishing you all the best in your life with your new bodies! Karen

Hey Marchies.

I knew you'd be here when I needed you. Thanks.

I'll tell you, I'm struggling. I'm struggling to exercise, though I still phone it in a few times a week. I struggle to eat well too. Sugar is killing me. I'm eating it far too often. At least once a day or three or four times. Like Cookies, cake and ice-cream.

My scale is inching upward too. Ugh, ugh and ugh.

I know you might feel like you can't tell me what I don't already know, but frankly I think I need to hear it.

So hit me my Marchies. May I find the needed motivation in your voices.

J

Hey Marchies.

I knew you'd be here when I needed you. Thanks.

I'll tell you, I'm struggling. I'm struggling to exercise, though I still phone it in a few times a week. I struggle to eat well too. Sugar is killing me. I'm eating it far too often. At least once a day or three or four times. Like Cookies, cake and ice-cream.

My scale is inching upward too. Ugh, ugh and ugh.

I know you might feel like you can't tell me what I don't already know, but frankly I think I need to hear it.

So hit me my Marchies. May I find the needed motivation in your voices.

J

sorry juli i cant help you im having the same problem.. except im gaining and losing the same dang 2lbs.. lol

i see my dr this thurs. hopefully having restriction will help me!!

and i need to drag my ass to the gym.. :)