Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi!! Im Carlene i Don't know where to start

Carlene,

You are confusing common terms and initials used everyday with those used only about the lapband and other weight loss surgeries. Example : PB can mean Peanut Butter, Power Bait, or with a lap band- Productive Belching.:wub: PLEASE go back to the Beginning and check out Frequently Asked Questions. Read these. I think the Section on Frequently Asked Questions about the Forums covers many terms and abbreviations. (one of them does) You need to look up these terms.

ok, so i was reading what someone wrote about the 5 day pouch test and now im confused. why would you have to test your pouch? dont they do that at the pouch factory before they send them? and why 5 days? youd think that if you just dropped a couple jars of PB in the pouch its gonna break or not you wouldn't have to wait like 5 days?

thats weird but i don t know i have so much to lern.

Thanks! carlene

OMG Carlene I'm not interested in knnowing if you are a guy or a girl but you have got to be one funny ass person. Seriously i sooo want to meet you now lolz!!

After seeing Carlene's photo, I'd say SRS is sexual re-assignment surgery. :wub:

How long did it take you to come up with that one!:blink::lol:

Google it. That's what it stands for.

wow! hi everyone! im cant beleiev all the nice responses to my questions. im so glad i found this place.

ok so i asked him about the PB thing and he said that was easy. he goes fishing a lot and he says that PB stands for PowerBait which is what he uses to catch a lot of trouts at diamond valley lake and corona lake. so im thinking that this must be what people with the band eat when they have the band. i guess it must be ok coz the fish eat it and it doesn't seem to hurt them but how do we know coz they die when we catch them anyway right? lol!! hehehe!

so my brother chris took me out in the garage where he lives and he pulled out a box of the PowerBait (oops...i mean the PB...im one of you now right???lol!) he had a hole bunch of jars of it and he said i could have whatever i want. It comes in all sorts of colors but he tells me that its all one flavor (but I guess you all knew that right??? Lol…..) so I scooped some out of a jar (I got the kind that reminded me of popsicle with different colors.) and I put it on a cracker and I ait it. Now I don’t know if your supposed to put it on cracker is that allowed? Anyway I tried it and its not all that bad. Its kind of salty and feels like playdoh but that’s ok cause I like salty stuff in my mouth.

PB = Power Bait, okay it is pretty but I don't think you want to eat it. In Band Land, PB = Productive Burp. Kinda gross sounding, but not as gross as eating Power Bait! This is something that you do when you eat too much, too fast. When you get your band you will find out all about it.

Ok, so that’s the deal with the PB, I think I got that down ok but how much are you supposed to eat? I didn’t see any nutritional info on the label so I don’t know…how do you guys eat it? Do you mix it with anything? Oh and now I get the pouch thing because PB comes in these little round bottles so I know what the pouch is for now, to carry around the little bottles.

If you really like the Power Bait you could spread it on crackers. When you get your band, you will go through a mushy food stage, so you could just put them in a blender and blend until it is all mush. It would be colorful!!:blink:

Ok. So im learning more about this and im getting really excited.

Ill have more questions later……I need to find out about all of this coz I think I want to do this.

Don't forget to do all of your research! You want to know as much as possible before getting your band.

My dad asked me to ask you guys how much this costs and if they take a check?

Well, if I was your doc, I might not take a personal check, could be a little sketch, it does cost a lot if you are self-pay. You want to try and get your insurance company to pay for it! My surgery was $15,000, you would have to feed a lot of cows to earn that kind of dough!

Thanks! Carlene

Glad you came back tonight and are still interested in the band :wub:

Google it. That's what it stands for.

My search engine gave me the Savannah River Site, pretty PG - think I will go with that!!:wub:

OMG!! I am laughing my depressed but off!! My only unanswered question is how come my bands on the inside unstead placed outside my stomach by my local vet. That would be ideal for doing my own fill adjustments

Carlene,

You are confusing common terms and initials used everyday with those used only about the lapband and other weight loss surgeries. Example : PB can mean Peanut Butter, Power Bait, or with a lap band- Productive Belching.:wub: PLEASE go back to the Beginning and check out Frequently Asked Questions. Read these. I think the Section on Frequently Asked Questions about the Forums covers many terms and abbreviations. (one of them does) You need to look up these terms.

Thanks for pointing out the FAQ section on here. I guess I never really saw it before now, but at least I can go there with any "STUPID" questions I may have before I ask them on here.

Thanks for pointing out the FAQ section on here. I guess I never really saw it before now, but at least I can go there with any "STUPID" questions I may have before I ask them on here.

There's no such thing as stupid questions -- only stupid politicians. :wub:

Sexal Reasssinment surgery???

Ok, like now Im soooo confused!!!!!

You mean they have to do surgery to make it so you can have sex with someone else other than who you are havng sex with now????

OMG!! I didn’t know it was that hard! Ive been having sex with other persons without having the surgey that makes it so I can!

Do you think that’s why im fat? Coz I didn’t have the sex surgery that makes it so I can have sex with other guys?

I mean im ok with who im having sex with this weekend. Hes real cool. Except that hes a democrat. But that’s ok we don’t talk when we have sex and I don’t have to listen..

OMG I have so much to learn! Im so glad I found this place!!

Thanks! carlene

There are no stupid questions but it is important to look at the basic information available. and be directed to it's location, if needed. -Or you could eat Power Bait.

Sexal Reasssinment surgery???

Ok, like now Im soooo confused!!!!!

You mean they have to do surgery to make it so you can have sex with someone else other than who you are havng sex with now????

Do you think that’s why im fat? Coz I didn’t have the sex surgery that makes it so I can have sex with other guys?

I mean im ok with who im having sex with this weekend. Hes real cool. Except that hes a democrat. But that’s ok we don’t talk when we have sex and I don’t have to listen..

OMG I have so much to learn! Im so glad I found this place!!

Thanks! carlene

You could be fat because you are having sex with a democrat!:wub:

You could be fat because you are having sex with a democrat!:wub:

OMG. Wow. You think maybe???

But I dunno. I dunno about just having sex with a democrat could make me fat. I know that democrats want to give away free food and everything so that people will get way fatter and they’ll get fatter and that’s the reason there making this new health plan because people are getting fatter because of all the free foood they give and theyll all need lasp bands.

But as far as having sex making me fatter….i dunno….but I usually like having sex with republicans coz they always give me some money and ask me to keep quiet coz there wives get upset and the churches where they preach and do god stuff and everything get upset so they want me to not say anything so they give me some cash.

But democrats never give me any money coz they always say that is better if they don’t because we should all share with each other and everything should belong to everybody including my va-jay-jay. I was with a state senator once some guy named nunez and he started singing kumbaya when he came and it was really special coz he wanted to be close to me but he left real fast.

But the republicans always use condoms coz they don’t wanna catch anything from me but the democrats never use a condom. The democrats always say that they are doing it for me coz if I get pregnant itll allow me to exercise my rights and self-actualize as a woman or some crap like that and do my own choices on my own body, so theyre doing it to help me be a woman, which is cool im glad they are so nice to be able to help me be a woman more.

OMG. Wow. I cant believe I said all that! Hehehehe lol!

Im making so many new friends here!

Thanks! Carlene

everybody including my va-jay-jay.

OMG!!! I used a OPRAH word!!!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

that is so coool!

god i love oprah! heywe should have a special place here to talk about all the neat thing she says...OMG! woulnt that be kewl????

oh and gayle king. i LOVE gayle king. i mean there are people that say she wouldd be cleaning toilets at a hoilday inn if she wasnt oprahs best friend but i dont think so she is SOOOO talented. i dont think there is anyone in the world that deseves her success more than gayle king.

except for mark consuelos.

thanks! carlene