Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I finally got around to posting some on here and also on my blog. Take a look if you're interested. What an adventure looking through those pictures. A 5 year journey I would do over and over again. LapBand was the best thing that ever entered my life. I love it! lovestruck.gif

Flab2fabdiva's Blog

wow I have to say, you are a huge inspiration.I looked at your blog pictures, and you just seemed so depressed in your before pictures, now you just glow! And my god you look sooo much younger! Congrats! It's so great that lapband lets you live your life again instead of hiding from it, atleast that's how I feel...

Thank you. I agree. I was very depressed. I am very happy with my results but still struggle with depression. If it's not one thing it;s something else. But, my life has been transformed and for that I am truly grateful!!! I love taking pictures now! Lol.:thumbdown:

Congratulations on your success. I have had similar success, and you are right. You resolve one issue and another rears it's ugly head. I am delighted with my progress (I have similar starting weight, and 150 was my original goal--I was able to do a little below goal, so I am thrilled about that)

Now to stay there. Also if I hit the lottery I will be making some plastic surgeon a VERY happy man or woman :thumbdown:

Lol. Same here!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! Great job!

You look amazing and I am so happy for you. How long did it take you to get to your target weight/current weight? How long have you been maintaining?

Jennifer:smile2:

Well....I have a bad memory to tell you exactly, but I believe it was a year. I got to my goal wieght in 1 year and have gained and lost since then. I just recently lost 20lbs since last year. It goes up and down, but for the most part......it's been 4 years since I've been maintaining.

Well, I am still struggling...............its been 17 months since the operation and I still have 50 pounds to go. I too started at 260 (currently 190)............ any suggestions? Should I join a face to face support group?

50 lbs when you think about it is not that much. You're still kinda new so it will come in time. If you feel you are struggling, join a support group. My husband is my biggest support and he can talk me into getting back on track. I would join a support group as well but I have 3 kids and it's hard for me to get away.

You see...it's always going to be a struggle. I still struggle. I'm not home free. At the drop of a sandwich I could be right back where I started. Good luck to you and I hope you are able to find comfort and support to know you are doing it. You are just not done!!!!

Wow Congratulatons!!!!You are such an inspration and it is great to hear from long term bandsters. How much did you lose at 6months and when did you really start losing. I am 4months post op and I have only lost 20lbs.. very discouraged. But I do my VERY best everyday. Just wanting to know what helped you

You look amazing, i really needed to be inspired. I am two and half weeks post surgery and have lost over 20LBS. i try to stick to the diet but its tough for me i am divorced and live along, my girlfried got mad at me for having the surgery . so im on my own. I am no good at shoping but im trying to learn. I think ive not been eating enough. but i havent been hungry. so i havent worried about it. but thanks for the inspiration

Amazing...posted on your blog :thumbup:

Your current picture :) size 6 :biggrin:

Shocked, because your before picture is my body type :wub:

:party::cursing: NO MORE EXCUSES FOR ME, EXACT BODY TYPE :lol::cursing:

Lol. Thank you. Yeah....I am living proof that anything can be done. I never in a million years believed I could be a size 6. Heck! I still can't believe it! but it can be done.

Good luck to you!!! :-)

Lol. Thank you. Yeah....I am living proof that anything can be done. I never in a million years believed I could be a size 6. Heck! I still can't believe it! but it can be done.

Good luck to you!!! :-)

This morning told me DH about you. He said are you kidding..Told him that I will follow the nutritionist and doctor and we will see what happens.:frown:

Keep posting :P

Laura

As someone who has approximately your pre-band measurements (5'7", 260), you are definitely an inspiration. Congrats on the payoff for all of your hard work.