Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Once you have restriction you may find it hard to get a larger pill down so it is easier to chew pills or swallow a liquid. Now that I have had adjustments, I would freak out if I had to swallow a large pill. This is just my perception, I am not a physician or nurse.

I took all of my pills in to show my surgeon and that was a big help. He told me that after I have fills, that I would probably be o.k. with most of them, but there was one that was really too large and he told me to consult with my PCP so I could get either a smaller pill, or liquid.

If I am lucky, I will be able to get off of all my medications except for allergy meds. My PCP & I have set that as a goal and I sure hope to make it!:thumbup:

Hope this helps you.

My problem was that some of my meds were slow release. When I crushed them up my BP dropped to the pass-out level. I now take those pills whole. no problems so far. But I do hope to be off of them soon. I was able to delete one from my daily intake (with docs approval) already.

Good point, Northland!!

I took a Multivitamin pill once, and will never do it again, I felt like I was about to pass out it was "stuck" and I had to wait til it went down. I cut the larger pills in 4ths now. I don't ever want to have that feeling again! :thumbup:

I have no problem taking my pills, I do break the larger ones in half though.

I only needed liquid the first week or so. I bought liquid tylenol and never even used it. I also bought a pill crusher and never used it.

I have had one fill and also haven't had any problems taking pills. My doc suggested pills smaller than the size of M&Ms, but basically if I can tolerate it then go for it. Most of mine are small or chewable. I did start taking fish oil pills which are HUGE and I've had no problems. After each fill though I'll probably wait a while before doing those. There is a possibility that once I get to a certain restriction point, I won't be able to take the big pills anymore.

My PCP changed my meds that were larger than a M&M per the surgeons directions. You could get a pill cutter and/or a pill crusher. Some meds aren't designed to be cut up or crushed however, so it's best to consult with your PCP or your pharmacy.