Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you use to sweeten things up a bit?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What do you use to sweeten things up a bit?

• Splenda (Yellow Packet)
    • Equal (Blue Packet)
    • Sweet and Low (Pink Packet)
    • Other

Is to much splenda bad for you? I was reading the back of my food items and most have splenda added. Plus I drink a lot of tea during the day to get my daily amount of fluids in and I put splenda in there as well. Has anybody heard of consuming to much splenda?

I researched it online and it says Splenda is completely safe...even for kids. I don't know how true it is. Personally, I use Splenda for most things but I am trying to change over to Stevia. It is all natural...made from a plant and is like 300 times sweeter than sugar, so you only have to use a tiny bit. Check it out online Stevia.com HTH

I will do that Now, thank you for the advise.

I use Splenda and Stevia or Truvia. I like the taste of Splenda better, but like the fact that Truvia or Stevia is more natural. Stevia does have an artifical taste to it, and it easy to use too much, and then it makes things bitter. Splenda is more sweet to me.

I use Stevia. I have gotten used to the taste and I am trying to use natural wherever I can.

I use Stevia too, Love it~!

Personally I wouldnt feel comfortable eating artificially sweetened products in any quanity. I buy the normal full sugar, full fat versions and treat foods that contain a lot of sugar as treat foods.

I'd rather eat natural or greek yogurt with fruit, than to eat fake low fat, artificially sweetened yogurt, sweetening drinks doesnt make them acceptable for everyday consumption and for freak's sake, if you want chocolate, just HAVE a small piece!

I can feel the brain tumour growing every time I drink a diet coke, lol.

I'm a bit paranoid and not entirely logical, we all have our dietary beliefs and foibles and for me its artificial sweetener and low carb diets.

I'm with Jachut; I don't do sweets that often anyway and when I do I go for "regular".

I'd think too much of anything isn't good for you!

I see it as just about everything we eat has something artificial in it. Even fresh fruit you buy. Did you know it has artificial color on it to make it look more appealing? So that red apple you buy has been painted with more red color to make you buy it!!

I try not to worry about it too much one way or the other. Usually the tests they do with artificial sweetener on lab rats is ridiculous because they feed the rats, like, their body weight in artificial sweetener in a very short period of time. No wonder they get sick!

I think anything in moderation is the key!

I like the Splenda with Fiber in it!