Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. James Atkinson - Getting banded 8/28/09

I will be getting my band in less than a week with Dr. Atkinson. Anyone else been to him? I'm excited and nervous. :thumbup:

Never been to him but wanted to wish you the best of luck!

Thanks!! :rolleyes:

I was banded on 8/10/09 by Dr. Atkinson, he was very professional about the surgery. He came to see me before the surgery to make sure I didn't have any questions. The surgery took about an hour, thats how much time had past when I woke up in recovery. I had to stay the night at hosp. due to my insurance (this was the best thing). The next moring the DR came and visted with me then I was released to go home. Excellent care, You don't have to worry

I have tricare, so I dunno if i'm staying the night, but that would be fun. heh I dunno why, but i like hospitals. XD I am very excited now. :biggrin:

I was in love with egg drop soup!! I also enjoyed clam chowder and my ensure shakes.< /p>

im drinking crystal light..isopure drink..jello..and chic broth...i ate pudding today it made me go #2!!!should i drink and eat sme time?

I realize that this thread is very old, but I am being banded in 12 days and am getting very excited! I would like to connect with others who have seen Dr. Atkinson and SWCC!

I was banded by Dr. Atkinson 5/6/10.

For anyone interested, I suggest you purchase their 3 month survival package. It includes everything you need for the first 3 months. Liquids, thick liquids, Vitamins, Protein Powder, pure, pre-mixed shakes... had I known ahead, I'd have been monetarily prepared.

The nurses, PA's and everyone at the center are great... the hospital was all business.... I was an outpatient.... my big mistake was getting up to pee too soon. As soon as I had sipped Water and got up, I was out. I had a two and a half hour drive from the hospital, which ended up being 4 due to an accident. I wish my insurance would have allowed me to spend the night.

Live and learn...

two months out and I'm doing great! Fills are going fine...

I'm 39lbs down and working on more!

No worries, you are well taken care of the entire procedure, and beyond. They are recognized as one of 5 top clinics for bariatric surgery in the nation. That doesn't happen by not taking care of their patients!

Yea. They are a great place. I got myself too tight though and I really had no idea I could come in anytime for an emergency unfill. I just let myself be sick and I figured I would lose the weight and it would loosen and it did...but when I was in last time I told them and they asked why I didnt come in for an unfill and I told them I didn't know I could.

I kinda also wish they would have told me about throwing up...I think I am a little prone to it, but I am happy all in all.

I've lost 80 lbs in a year. :redface:

This site has some really great information on it, if you can navigate around the negative comments. It's 90% upbeat, it's just those few... isn't it always? LOL!

I had my 3rd fill with someone else at the Med office, and won't let him near me again! My PA has been doing a great job with my fills, in and out. This boob numbed me to start. Should have been my first clue! He make hamburger meat outta me while trying to find the center of the port! OMG! I am SO sore. My fill was Tuesday, it's Friday and I'm still sore! Live and learn! I go back the 31st for what I hope will be the sweet spot stop. We'll see! Hang in there Amy and Best wishes for a speedy recover today Sockmonkey!

Thanks so much for sharing with me! Surgery was yesterday and it went well. I'm anxious to start feeling "normal" again!

Hi just wanted to say good luck... I was banded on June 28. It gets better every day.... I have only had 1 fill so far... you went to the right place... he is the best...

I got banded 1/12/09. The surgery did not work and now I weigh more than befor. Atkinson will not stand behind the stuff he tells you at the seminar. You can get all the free fill you need in the first three months. The first time you can go back for a fill is one month and that leaves 2 months.So after your first fill does not work and you call for an appointment to get a fill may be on the 4 month after the surgery then you have to pay. He (Dr. Atkinson) has a money making business, Dr, Atkinson is a multi-millionaire. He could care less about you. He does the surgery and then you never see him again.