Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had internal dissolving stitches and glue on the outside.

A few years ago I had a spinal fusion and they used glue then also. Works Great!

I thought I just had glue, but when I asked my surgeon, he told us (three of us were banded that day) that the stitches were on the inside and would dissolve on their own. I had three incisions, two itty bitties and a one-inch one. I can really only see the one-inch one anymore. It's kinda pink. It's weird, though because even now 5 months post-op, the little tiny ones will itch every now and then. That's the only time I ever even know they're there. However, I also get stress-hives quite often, so it might just be a coincidence that I might get a hive near the scar.

I had internal stitches and glue on top with tape closures. I had no problems!

I am so happy to see soooo many glue gals here!

Both my small incisions where my drainage tubes were when I had heart surgery are small and no biggies, and really the actual surgery scar is long but not to bad either ( compared to others I have seen from years back that used stitchs or staple...YUCK)

However, I will look like a road map when I get this done, because now I will be adding these incisions for lap band surgery on my stomach. Geesh!

I wonder if there is any way the new incisions could be done on the old ones???

Otherwise I fear I will become a walking road atlas!

Thanks everyone for answeing my question!

Ewwwwwwwww, :eek:

I just talked to my surgeon today at my last pre-op appointment, and he said I will have staples.:tt2:

YUK, :crying:I sooo wanted just to be glued and taped.

My stomach already looks like a map of Los Angeles, and my chest looks like a RR track in the foot hills of the Dakotas, and then I have the 2 dashes from drainage tubes from my heart surgery, so why not just add a few more scars.:cursing:

You think Rand McNally could use me???:thumbup:

i must asmit glued was sooooooo great ,my scars healed perfect,can hardly see them i actally have to sorta point them out,when i had knees was staples and ewwwwww hated ,how they looked after,ss for ya

I asked the question at my last pre-op appt and was told my surgeon usually uses the glue for lap-band patients, VERY rarely does he use anything else...guess what? When I got home and took off the bandaids, lo and behold - I was one of those rare ones that got STAPLES, except for the port incision, that had glue. I was so bummed and freaked out by them - mostly I was dreading having them removed (yay, more pain, right?)....I went in a week later because one of the incisions with staples looked funky and he removed all the staples then - and it wasn't bad at all. Most of my incisions are healing up nicely (except the one that I went in for in the first place, that one doesn't seem to be closing up :thumbup:)

I had 5 incisions, most of them tiny ... all were sitched INSIDE and glued outside... healing has gone VERY well. My largest incision is 2 inches maybe, next is an inch and the other 3 are like 1/4 inch... my port isn't particularly near any of them

I got stitches but when I had mine removed one incision was not good so the doc stapled it. Once the staples were "taken out" I can still feel something weird in the spot where the staples were. I asked my doctor and he said it was the tube to the port I feel but I dont believe him I was not impressed with the staples and even refused to have another incision stapled after it opened up.

Cant wait for an x-ray to see if there are still parts of the staples in me. Has anyone else felt some hard spot where their staples once were?

I have staples and sterry strips....staples come out on Monday. Do they use an office staple remover? :thumbup:

My doctor cut the staples in half and then pulled out each side. I had to get him to freeze the area as I am the worst when it comes to pain. He laughed at me because apparently I was the first person who needed freezing to remove staples.

I swear though there are still some parts of the staples in me. Let me know how the area feels a few days after you get your staples removed. I am interested to see if someone else has the same feeling.

I had staples. They pulled them out in the office and it took about 2 min. for all of them. It didnt hurt at all, they used a special tool that bends the middle and pulls the sides of the staple at the same time.

I hv 5 scars, they all had stiches that disolved. My dr. put this tape over them and he said they were healed when the tape fell off. I had my surgery on 10/18 and I only have 2 tapes left and the ones that are showing arent bad at all. They only itched every once and a while. Good Luck

I'm allergic to monocril and vicral stitches, so my surgeon used staples.

Kind of wished I asked for the glue!

(They don't hurt though.. just looks wierd).

My surgery was done 11/5/09.