Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

~> so this is what a "sweet spot" means!!

I've heard it talked about before, and i knew what it was, but i guess not going through it I was never really sure... the "sweet spot" that is.

Last friday i go to the doctor for another check up, and maybe another fill, the doctor asks me if the band is starting to work for me yet.... i say yeah sure, I can only eat two slices of thin crust pizza, a year ago i could have eaten 5 or 6 slices easy...... so i think yeah must be the sweet spot, now an hour later, i could have eaten maybe another slice, i just usually didn't. Doctor Mike say's,.... I think you need a fill? so Wow all those months i thought i was at my "sweet spot" I was wrong!!!! I think i am at a perfect place right now with my LapBand. I can eat about 6 to 8 oz of food, no more. white breads, doughy food Pasta and potato's arent working right now. I am drinking all liquids fine, I have to focus on eating slow now, and chewing EVERYTHING well. i tried pizza yesterday, i could eat 1/2 slice of pizza only, and stayed full for the rest of the night. That has never happened too me. I am enjoying my Sweet Spot, very much.......... wonder if this will speed up my body changes again.... although i am not complaining.

here is a before surgery and 4 months after surgery photo (taken from a cell phone) real pictures, no touch ups... no special camara's for the after picture, they are blurry, but you can still see * i posted it in Introduction instead of post surgery accidently the photo's are on my weightloss journey blog

~~ I am Just Sayin'~~: full body view, although a little blurry

Hello,

I was at the same place that you were with thinking I must be at a good spot cause I definatly couldn't eat as much as I used to but I was finding that I was still hungry a couple hours later. So this past monday, I went to the Dr for another check up and he said ok well I am going to give you another fill and then I think you will be at your Sweet spot. Sure enough, I think I am finally there. I am at 5cc and can't really eat anything Doughy like you said.

I also have to take my time eating and chew chew chew. Which honestly is A LOT harder then I had thought it would be. That has probablly been the hardest thing to learn yet. But I am slowly getting better at it. The more food that gets stuck the faster I am learning. LOL. Now that I am at a good spot its like the weight is jsut falling off YAY!

Well good luck and let me know how you are making out with your sweet spot. It is always nice to share with someone who is going through the same thing.

Congrats to the both of ya'll! How many fills did it take for you guys to get to your "sweet spot"? I know everyone is different, but just asking.

I go for my first fill in 20 days, but I can't wait to get some restriction! Only 9.5 lbs down so far and I am 2 weeks post op. Hoping to lose at least 10 more before I go for my first fill!

Congrats! And thanks for posting your pics - you are doing GREAT! reminds me I need to TAKE a picture.......

So - when I went for my 2nd fill I ended up at that same spot with having to SLOOOOOOW down and chew, chew, chew --- but now......I'm back to faster and bigger bites. I can still "feel" it a bit in the morning, but it has been 3 weeks and I'm thinking I'll probably need another fill to get to the "sweet spot"????? I'm in that spot you mentioned - I'm eating way less than I was......but......certainly more than the 6 to 8 oz.

I'm just scared ---- I got nauseous every time I ate after the last fill --- and it took me a week to "get it" with eating slower and chewing better.

i havent had a fill in over a year. sometimes i think i need another fill though because i can quite a bit sometimes and that bothers me. i can eat two pieces of pizza no problem or a cheeseburger (sometimes a little hard) chicken is the only thing really that gets stuck everytime. i do get food stuck at least once a week so im not sure if another fill would be the best decision but i want to eat less and get full sooner and longer. any suggestions? andrea

sandibly, you look great! Way to go!:(

Thanks for posting everyone. I was on the fence but I am going to make that fill appointment now. I am happy that I can't just pig out and way over eat, but I can still eat more than I should....

I am finally feeling it! My 7th fill, got another .5 cc (up to 6.5 in a 14 cc band), and finally I can hardly eat bread...I work at a University and they gave us lunch today for the big orientation event, and after a bite or two, I had to take the ham & cheese (and tomato) off the bread, roll it up and eat it only, and slowly! I tried a few bites of a yummy looking brownie, and could only do 2 bites - YAY! Liquids are just fine, and Soups with soft veggies and other wet meats are great (I did a day of liquid and another of mushy).

Congratuations to everyone! I hope this jump starts my losing because I've been on a huge stall despite making pretty good food choices, getting enough Protein, etc.

contact if need help:

www.youtube.com/SarahWillBeSkinny

Sarah: SarahWillBeSkinny@yahoo.com

www.youtube.com/JungleGirlie2424

Andrea: JungleGirlie2424@yahoo.com

This is the website:

WLS Las Vegas Meet And Greet 2010

wls las vegas meet and greet 2010

Hopefully this website will help you with any planning that you need to do to make it to the 2010 WLS Las Vegas Meet & Greet.

Febuary 19-21 2010 UPDATE

the survey is just questions asking if your coming or not. so do it if you want to go.

andielmt- I would definitely go in for a fill. My nurse yesterday (banded 5 years down 96lbs) told me that you have to call when you stop losing...so call!

i havent had a fill in over a year. sometimes i think i need another fill though because i can quite a bit sometimes and that bothers me. i can eat two pieces of pizza no problem or a cheeseburger (sometimes a little hard) chicken is the only thing really that gets stuck everytime. i do get food stuck at least once a week so im not sure if another fill would be the best decision but i want to eat less and get full sooner and longer. any suggestions? andrea

If you are still able to lose an avg of a pound or two a week you should leave it alone!!