Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mushy Ideas....

Ok I am on mushies now and am getting VERY bored. I have had scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, smushed baked Beans and refried Beans. I am afraid to chili, because of the meat. I am adversed to baby food (yuck) and am not sure about putting tuna in the blender (yuck?). I am trying to get in 60 grams of Protein today, per my dr. If I do a 30 gr Protein shake in the morning, 14 grams (1/2 c) of cottage cheese for lunch .... I need 20+ more grams of Fiber for dinner ...any mushy suggestions???? I hear fish goes down ok..... any other sugestions???

Thanks!!

HI there ;)

I understand what you mean about getting bored with mushies. I was the same way. Something that I tried was the blenderized tuna or chicken. I was really apprehensive about it but it wasnt bad and still kept the same flavor. Also try cream of wheat or mashed potatoes. If you like yogurt that can also go down well too.

hope that helps and congrats on your recent banding =)

Lach

I pureed wendy's chili and it was so good. Just puree it if you have a taste for chili. I also pureed chicken salad which was good also.

Ok I am on mushies now and am getting VERY bored. I have had scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, smushed baked Beans and refried Beans. I am afraid to chili, because of the meat. I am adversed to baby food (yuck) and am not sure about putting tuna in the blender (yuck?). I am trying to get in 60 grams of Protein today, per my dr. If I do a 30 gr Protein shake in the morning, 14 grams (1/2 c) of cottage cheese for lunch .... I need 20+ more grams of Fiber for dinner ...any mushy suggestions???? I hear fish goes down ok..... any other sugestions???

Thanks!!

I second the pureed tuna. It was tasty to me.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I may have to try the tuna in the blender. I guess if you add some onion and a tad of celery it may not be bad! The chicken salad also sounded good. I also just remembered that ham salad was good too and you can put that into a blender!

Thanks again!!!

Sue

I love avocado. It's on my list of mushies. I have that and cottage cheese for lunch almost everyday. I also love mashed potatoes and I change up the flavoring with either a dab of sour cream (tastes like a baked potato), gravy, melted cheese, garlic, etc.

So how much do you all puree this stuff...tuna, chicken salad, etc.? Is it liquidy at all?

I would doctor up some instant mashed potatoes with a little sour cream and cheese.

Another thing I made that was delish was some spaghetti sauce mixed with ricotta cheese, top with mozzerella and microwave until melted. It has TONS or Protein and helps with a Pasta craving as well.

GL to you!

I’m in my 3rd week, and I don’t know if it’s just me but I’m able to eat quite a bit at this point. The baked potatoes (w/out skin) is good, Wendy's chili is awesome!! I have also ate tender meat, roasted chicken and tuna just fine, I chew it really good and figure that takes for pureeing??

I have a quick question for those past the fill stage. Does this work even better once we are filled, because for some reason I’m hungry more than I expected. I’m using a lot more will power then expected. Is there better hope after the first fill??:blushing:

Edited by margaretv

When I was on mushies, I used to take a scoop of mashed potato, a scoop of chili with Beans on top and cover with shredded cheese and stick in the microwave. I looks like a mushy mess when all melted but it's SO good!!! And so filling!!!

I had surgery on Aug. %th, and I am finding I can eat quite a lot too. In fact, I found myself at a situation yesterday in an amusment park. I was feeling yucky cause I had not eaten since the morning. I needed something. There werent many "mushy" things to choose from. I ended up with roasted turkey. I dipped into marinara sauce and cheese sauce just to get it creamy so I wouldnt have trouble with it. I had NO trouble at all. I only have less than a week until solid food at this point anyway, so I guess its not SO unexpected that I could handle it without any issue. Im just saying, your not alone. I was waiting for some issue to arise and it didnt. I think the hunger thing is normal to for that matter.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I may have to try the tuna in the blender. I guess if you add some onion and a tad of celery it may not be bad! The chicken salad also sounded good. I also just remembered that ham salad was good too and you can put that into a blender!

Thanks again!!!

Sue

Hi Sue,

Be very careful with the celery !! Our nutrionist has said that we should avoid celery at all cost since it doesnt digest well and can cause stuck issues. Her feeling was unless you're gonna sit there and peel it first you shouldn't eat it !! Just wanted to give you a heads up.

I had celery since the first day of mushies here. I have done fine. I am sure it has a lot to do with the fact its always been finely chopped in the food processer. I wouldnt try it any other way at this stage.

I actually just put a really great recipe for high Protein mashed potatoes in the recipes section. I used pureed egg whites, tofu, and skim milk when I was in the mushies stage to add lots of protein to the potatoes. They tasted just like regular mashed potatoes but were sooo much more filling for longer.