Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one Banded 8/4/09 or 1st week of August

I am glad I helped someone! I hope we get some more replies, not matter what. It helps me to see other people on this thread are still in the game.

A status report from all following this thread would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I wasn't banded on the 4th but was banded on the 13th. i have lost 22 pounds so far and feel like I am doing something wrong. This thread will help me also.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Maybe you need another fill? Too me, you have lost weight and that is good. I cannot compare myself to others as I find I always seem to get disappointed! Hang in there!:tt1:

I went for my fill on 1/4. I was not very happy to see that I weighed the same I did 6 weeks prior when I went for my last fill. Within that 6 weeks I lost and gained 6lbs. I see how easy it is to fall back into your old habits which I did and used the "holidays" as an excuse. I was not at the gym one time in the month of December either. Boy was this a reality check for me!!!!

I am not really sure that I am happy with what the Dr said this time....."let's not concentrate on being full but on not being hungry" This is why I had the procedure done is to have that "Full" feeling. She didn't think I needed a fill but gave me .5cc. She seems to think at this point with me it is mental and only gave me the fill because my mind needed it.

She is the Dr and knows best. I am taking her advice and in 6 days I have lost 7lbs. This is what I needed to get me back on track. The only thing is that I just started to eat solid foods today. Don't know if I will have that "Full" feeling or not. We will see what this week will bring. Yesterday I met with a personal trainer and he wrote up a routine for me to follow.

I set a mini goal for myself to be down to 220lbs Valentine's Day. 12lbs to go!

I forgot my PIN for my ticker and have only done it one time. I wen to tickerfactory.com and created a new ticker I just don't know how to add it to my signature. Does anyone know how to do this??

Edited by molliemac

I was banded Aug.11 I have never posted on here before, but I am glad I found people who were banded right around the same time as me. I have lost 32 lbs so far and have had only on fill of 1cc... I have an appt next week and I think I am ready for another fill....it is weird cause some food I cant eat ot will get full real fast off of...but then there are some foods I can eat A lot of... I have not eaten any bread since Aug it gets stuck so I dont even attempt it, but i can eat pasta...weird!!! I thought losing 32 lbs was bad and not enought,b ut I see now I am right on track.

I am happy to post I have lost another 2 lbs. I am aiming for 2 lbs for week as a goal. I have found that if I do not set goals, I slip from the path. I have been watching the biggest loser. I have watched it for several years now, and even though I don't think it is realistic , I find it inspiring and I weigh myself after the episode. It makes me feel like I am a contestant.

Hi all :)

So nice to see people keepin' on!

I figured I should try a little harder to make some friends in the bandster community, I think that's something I really missing out on.

As for my story, I was banded August 5th and thus far since surgery day have lost 55 pounds. Haven't lost in the last like 2-3 weeks but I've been sick on and off and dealing with a break up and such. I also got a small unfill because everything was getting stuck. I currently have 4.5 ccs in my 10cc band, I think, my signature below keeps my info.

I really need to step up on exercise and I keep saying that once I hit 203 I will make it more a priority because that will put me at 100lbs lost since the beginning of my journey, so 12 pounds to go!

What kind of exercise are you all doing?

This is the first time I have posted. It has been over 5 months since I was banded and I have lost 44 lbs. I was checking to see how others are doing- I am so frustrated with the slow process. In November I only lost 2 lbs. They then gave me a fill to 6 cc and during the entire month of Dec I was miserable- everything got stuck, but I never threw up. About 2 weeks ago they removed .5cc and now I can eat.

What does the sweet spot feel like? What are people eating that are able to lose the 1-2 lbs a week as I was told prior to surgery to expect. I know to stay positive as the scale is going down rather than up. I am losing weight and the sizes in my clothes are getting smaller- mainly the tops, not so much in the pants- I think I am in between sizes at the moment.

I would appreciate any help and insight or experiences that others have. Keep up the good work everyone!!!

44LBS! That is great! I have lost 25 and believe it or not, am happy with that. I guess I am the 1 lb a week person. I don't know what the sweet spot is. Maybe we have not been banded long enough to have that. I have had only 2 fills. After my 2nd fill this month, I could not eat solids for 1 week and threw up alot if I tried.

Now, there are things I avoid, like chewy foods, hard foods, and bread products. No matter how much I want to eat them, I can never keep them down and they make me miserable. I honestly think that just cutting that out has made me lose weight without really trying.

But, since it has been so slow, I am now going to the gym. I have gone 3 times this week and my goal is 5-6 times per week, NO EXCUSES. I will be pretty interested when I weigh myself next week how much I have hopefully lost. I am 50 years old and I know my metabolism slows down every year so this is really not an option for me.

This is what I try to do to curb my appetite. I try to have a cup of Soup (could be vegetable, Tomato, broth, or anything that is low in fat/calories) 30 minutes before 1-2 meals a day. This fills me up therefore I do not eat as much at a meal. You can also have Fiber rich foods: think apples or vegetables. What this does for me is it allows me to go without getting hungry or feeling deprived , which would set me up for overeating.

Keep up the good work!

Down 106lbs! Slowed a little since the end of november(holidays :smile2: ) Still moving along though! Added a new pic!

Hi I was banded the first of Aug. 2009.. I lost 32 lbs. I had 2 fills 1st in Sept. 2nd on oct6 wt cont at stant still, anyone else have problems any sugestions??

I was banded on August 12, 09. I have lost 42 lbs. I haven't lost any weight since November. I am trying to get back to exercising and watching everything that I eat.

Edited by lingra

Am stuck at the moment. Seem to be in a slump and have not exercised in 3 days. I relapsed , went to Mcdonalds, orders a quarter pound cheeseburger and medium shake. To my relief, my body won't accept them anymore. I have realized that it is extremely unpleasant to attempt to eat beef, especially ground, so I only had 3 small bites b/f giving it to my son. And as for the shake, I had about 4 sips before realizing I did not want it. I think one of the tremendous benefits of having this surgery has been this: Even though my mind sometimes (less now) craves these unhealthy foods, I can no longer do it. I only began exercising last week, but before that, I only began to watch what I eat a month ago. I began at 208lbs and am now at 182. Could I have done better? YES! Am I going to beat myself up about it? NO! I have done too much of that my whole life. I am just thankful I am still progressing slowly and don't intend to give up.

I seem to have broken this plateau, but I will check the scale in 1 week. Right now, I am committing to exercising 5 out of 7 days. I have a vacation planned in June and I am determined to get to my goal...I need all of the encouragement that I can get. Is anyone still following this thread? If so, please let me know your goal and what you want or have to do to meet it!

Anyone still out there? It is slow going for me but atleast I am not gaining. I need to try harder! It is difficult to break lifelong habits. If you still watch this board, let me know how you are doing!