Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one Banded 8/4/09 or 1st week of August

I was banded on 8/7, I'm a bit disappointed that I've only lost 6 lbs. Today was my first fill. Turns out I already had 5 cc of Fluid already in my band. The nurse added 1.5 cc. Hopefully this will help me out.

Hello everyone,

I just got back from having my first fill. I honestly did not feel any pain whatsoever. He filled 2cc of a 4cc band. I am so glad because now I will have real restriction and can begin losing again. I hope everyone is doing well!

Hi everyone,

Just checking in, things are going well here. I had my first fill today, I have lost 31 pounds so far. I am back on liquids for two days, then soft/mushies for two days then back to regular food after that. That is what my doctor uses after fills, what do your docs suggest after fills?

I got my first fill today. 3cc in a 10 cc band. It was not any more painful than giving blood for blood work pre op.

He suggested liquids for 2 days and mushies for 2 days. then regular diet afterwards. He also said I could do Diet Dew in moderation if I like and a straw! Dang I love this man!!

I did have 'wendy's" chili for dinner. . . .and was well satisfied with the small!

I was banded august 12th and have gotton an infection from the hosptail and have know seen a lung dr.. .which they dont tell you before surgery.. they doctor pushed up my surgery for the money and know i am suffering for .. this has been the worse experinece ever..

Aug 10. I lost 29lbs on the 2 week preop surgery and another 36 since the surgery for a total of 65lbs. I will get my first fill on Sept 21st. It has been easy but I have been working may butt off too.

Jerry

I was banded the 5th and thus far since surgery day have lost 22 lbs since surgery day, 32 since pre-op diet and 55 since I started this Journey :biggrin:

Was supposed to get a fill on Friday but doc decided not to since I continue to lose weight without it. Benn walkign but gonna up it hopefully starting today, should be going to an Aerobics class :unsure:

And hopefully yoga, belly dancing and kickboxing later this week as well.

I hope all you august bandits are doing well!!! I love making new LB pals so feel free to msg me or follow my blog!:biggrin:

Boy,

what a difference a fill makes! I had gained some of the weight back that I had lost and now I am back to my original weight loss. It does not take much to fill me up but I have found that at the beginning I was not chewing well enough, so I had some pbs. I have also found I cannot eat spinach dip anymore which I love! (I guess because the spinach is too stringy and I cannot chew it well enough!

My goal is to have a 2lb weight loss per week so I hope I can stick to it!

I had my first fill on sat I am suppsed to be graduly moving on to solid food, but I'm a little hesitant. 1. I hate to vomit. 2. I lost 13lb pre op and 12 post op all on liquid. 3. less cooking.

I did heat up some instant grits last night and I'm able to eat only a pack and a half and be full! pretty cool to be full like that.

293lb to start

280 day of surg

@ 270 now

Good to here everyone is doing good Keep up the good work. Remember to exercise.:(

Where's the August Bandsters. Haven't heard from you all. Please post and give updates on how you all are doing.

Today is a good day!!! First off, 2 weeks ago I bought a new scale and it was 8 pounds more than the scale that i had been using so of course i almost had a heart attack..So anyway, i was at a stand still for 2 weeks for weight loss but i am proud to say that as of this morning on my new scale, i am down 3.4 pounds making it a total of 33 pounds lost since 8 5 05!!! so proud of myself!!! everyone, keep up the good work cause this is really a struggle some days!!:thumbup:

Weight loss is kinda slow. I'm down 28.4 pounds. I measured last week and I've lost a total of 11 inches. Haven't been too faithful on the excercising but I bought a kettel bell workout DVD yesterday and plan to try that out tonight.

I had my surgery 8-5 and soooo glad I did it! I feel great. I can move around soo much better! I actually enjoy exercising. And I can cross my legs, which may sound silly, but for the past 10 years, I was unable to cross my legs, I could only cross at my ankles. Love my band!

I'm not at my sweet spot yet, but I have a feeling at my 2nd fill appointment I will get there. :cursing:

Hey I was banded 8-4!!! But it was 2008 not 2009... :cursing:

Keep up the hard work everyone - you will be so empowered by the fact that you're now in charge! :scared2: