Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one Banded 8/4/09 or 1st week of August

Hello there. I was banded on 8/5/2009. I am still somewhat sore, Mostly, the top of my stomach is sore. Like I need to burp, but that hurts also. Any kind of help would be appreciated.:lol:

I was banded 8/3 In Pittsburgh PA. I am still VERY sore. . . I'm thinking I'm just a sissy! Or I expected to be 'normal' within 3 days. NO hunger, but I have some gas pains right under the breast bone.

I'm very thirsty. . . I just want to chug Water. I know that's a NO NO and I've resisted. I'm bored with the liquids and got permission from the Dr for cottage cheese. . .that was fine for today. . .but I"m wanting crackers for my soup! I know I'm whining!!

I was banded on the 3rd August, in Cardiff, in the UK. I've been fine since surgery, and weighed this morning for the first time since surgery. I lost a stone on the preop, and another 12lbs this week.

How is your husband? I was banded on 8/3 also. I feel wonderful. No nausea, some gas pain (walk,walk,walk), little sore. So far so good

I was banded on same day, and in same city! I have not been hungry. I have been on liquid since 8/1. So far this has been a wonderful experience!

Hi, I'm Nancy from MA and I was banded August 4th. No gas pains at all. Still very sore at port site. I am constantly burping, so that must be from gas. Yesterday I had oatmeal with milk and added in a little applesauce to give it more flavor. Had about 6 tsp. of it...tastes yummy!I ate it because I had to get food in me; I do not feel hungry at all! Also walked my beagle yesterday a couple of blocks; have to do that every day and add more distance to build up my strength. Still feel sleepy. I'm out of work all this week so I can build up my strength and per surgeon's orders. This was so much easier than I thought it would be! Looking forward to helping each other!

Hi there I was banded on the 4th also and yesterday I was also feeling miserable, bored, depressed and very bloated. Yesterday was my worse day also. I wanted to just cry i was so miserable. My husband road me around in the car. took me shopping, he tried everything he could. We ended up playing dominoes and my son wanted me to do his hair. So I became involved in other things to keep me focused on something else. I decided to suck the juice from a grapefruit' that usually helped and it did. This morning I feel much better. I'm not as bloated; I can function better. Just stay focus.

Edited by ToomuchRN

Now 5 days post-op and still sore but feeling as though my body is healing better each day. Yesterday there was about a 6 hour period where I was just zapped of all my energy and was real sleepy but it passed. I did get cravings yesterday as well but I was not hungry(odd feeling). That passed as well. Today I get to move to 'mushies' and am looking forward to it although I can't say I am starving for it yet. 1/4 cup of cream of wheat for Breakfast and 1/4 cup of mashed potatoes for dinner is my goal for today. I hope it will go down ok.

My wounds still have some tape thingies on them which I guess are steristrips and they are looking fine except they are starting to itch a little. Does anybody else banded around the 4th have these? do they itch you yet. I wonder how long it will take for these to fall off by themselves. Those of you who do have them, do you still keep bandages on them or are yours just exposed? :lol:

I don't ave have steristrips. I have dermabond. But the steristrips r supposed to be oped to air not covered. Take the bandage off and let the get some air.

Hey ladies! I am 4 days post-op and feeling a lot better. I do have some moments during the day when I am feeling a little achey and have some cravings, but I know I am not hungry yet. I havent moved past the liquid phase--my doc was adament about having me on liquids for 2 full weeks post-op and I am able to stick with it so far, but lets see how I am doing in 10 days. I hope that everyone else is recovering well.

Has anyone else gone back to work? I go back tomorrow and I am kind of nervous. I have a desk job so I wont have to do too much strenous activity, but I plan to go home for a nap at lunch all next week to get some extra rest!

Another question, have any of you guys weighed yourself yet? I am so afraid to see a number not budging so I am going to try to wait til Wednesday when I go back for follow up appt. Til then Happy Healing!

I was banded on the 5th, and I am still having some shoulder gas pain, other than that my port site is a little sore, but not as bad as my shoulder, however the pain is starting to migrate finally.

I am still on Clear Liquids but not too hungry just trying balance getting enough fluids in me with the amount of protien needed a day, I haven't been out of the house yet and I am getting Stur crazy... my children have been really helpful in that. :lol:

I finally have some company today which is good, and a new baby nephew to spoil:wink:

I havn't touched the scale yet, not sure what it would read, I still feel swollen. and gassy

I was banded 8/3. I was doing great, but now I am having alot of pain on my left side from the bottom of my rib to one of my incisions. I thing it is where the port is. I feel a huge bulge under it. I am trying to figure out if I should call my doctor or stick it out longer. I have not had a bowel movement in one week. Anybody with the same pain? Any suggestions. I ate a small piece of corn on the cob.:blink: I chewed it well when I did. If something was blocked would I be vommiting? HELP!!!!!!! :lol: Maybe I'm just a wimp.

Hey everyone, i was banded 8/4 also. Hope everyone is doing well. :lol:

I woke up in the night with horrible pain under my left bottom rib. . . if I don't move its okay. Could it be gas under my diaphram??

I'm not having hunger, but WOW i'm bored with the liquids. I have ventured off to pudding, Jello, scrambled egg and cottage cheese. . . . becoming bored with that now.

Maybe mashed potatoes for supper? that sounds amazing right about now.

I too wondered about the DAN DEE cheese curls that we fed to our toddlers, the ones that turn to mush at the site of moisture? Has anybody else tried this?

I also have a diet dew turning flat as we speak. . . I just want to chew. . .