Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for the update on your surgery. I'm on the liquid diet now and have my surgery on the 18th. I'm getting pretty nervous, so your experience is just one of many that is helping calm my anxious fears ;0)

Good Luck!

Amanda, Yes you can do this! We all can! I went shopping today because my pants are sooooooooooo loose on me I can literally take them off without unzipping them. I have already gone from a size 24 to an 18. Yes that's still a big size, but that's 3 sizes smaller than I began with. I don't remember when I was in a size 18.

Good luck in your recovery Amanda

Amanda, Yes you can do this! We all can! I went shopping today because my pants are sooooooooooo loose on me I can literally take them off without unzipping them. I have already gone from a size 24 to an 18. Yes that's still a big size, but that's 3 sizes smaller than I began with. I don't remember when I was in a size 18.

Good luck in your recovery Amanda

Ahh that is an inspiration to me! I am a size 24 as well and even though 18 is still big it's a hell of a lot better then an 18. Right now I am starving but I know it will be worth it in the end. Just got to keep my head strong and where it needs to be.

I have gone from a 22 to a 16. I never thought I would be so glad to be in a 16!!

i was in a size 16 when I got married almost 6 years ago (in november will be 6yrs) I used to think I was big back then, and now that i'm in a size 22 i'll never think that again if I can get to a 16. I was just approved and my surgery date is October 6th. I keep thinking I'll be ok if I can just get to a 14/16, however there is always that thought that what if I'm the only one this doesn't work for. I'm not worried about the eating part, I've changed all my bad habits for good ones over the last year but with a multitude of other things that have happened the weight just hasn't come off.......at least i've maintained. I just keep thinking there will be some sort of malfunction. I am really hoping to be one hot mama by the time my husband returns from Afghanistan in April 2010. He'll have been gone an entire year by the time I see him again, and although he can't keep his hands off me as it is, I still just want to be sexier for him or at least confident enough to do it with the lights ON when he wants hahahaha

Never again....

....will I be the "fat chick"

....will I be embarrassed because I can't fit on an amusement park ride

....will I be the fattest of all my friends

....will I not be able to shop at the GAP, AE, Holister, ec

....will I constantly be looking around when I enter a room to see who is making comments about my weight

....will I feel not good enough for a man because of my weight

....will I brake a chair because I am too fat

....will I wear big baggy clothes to cover up myself

....will I be ashamed to wear a bathing suit in public

....will I let my weight hold me back from doing the things I want to do

....will I get too tired chasing my little cousins around

....will I cry myself to sleep because I feel unworthy

....will I be a fat unhealthy person!

My surgery is this Friday, Aug. 7... I am starting to get nervous but wanted to write out what I WILL NEVER AGAIN be! This is my motivation to make this change in my life! I challenge you to write down what you never again will do/think... or what you have already excluded because of your weight loss!! Good luck to all!!!!!

I will NEVER AGAIN feel my stomach on the tops of my thighs as I'm walking up stairs.

I will NEVER AGAIN dread bending over to tie my shoes.

I will NEVER AGAIN shy away from Empire waisted tops/dresses because they make me look pregnant.

I will NEVER AGAIN keep from doing things with my family because I think people will laugh at me.

i was in a size 16 when I got married almost 6 years ago (in november will be 6yrs) I used to think I was big back then, and now that i'm in a size 22 i'll never think that again if I can get to a 16. I was just approved and my surgery date is October 6th. I keep thinking I'll be ok if I can just get to a 14/16, however there is always that thought that what if I'm the only one this doesn't work for. I'm not worried about the eating part, I've changed all my bad habits for good ones over the last year but with a multitude of other things that have happened the weight just hasn't come off.......at least i've maintained. I just keep thinking there will be some sort of malfunction. I am really hoping to be one hot mama by the time my husband returns from Afghanistan in April 2010. He'll have been gone an entire year by the time I see him again, and although he can't keep his hands off me as it is, I still just want to be sexier for him or at least confident enough to do it with the lights ON when he wants hahahaha

Congrats on being approved for the surgery! Do you know when you'll be having it? The last time I was in a 16 (before now) I think was about 10 years ago. I thought I was huge too. I don't think that now. I had no idea what huge was back then. I feel good at this size, but I do want to go down some more and get out of the plus sizes. Don't worry, the surgery will work for you. Everyone thinks it won't work at first. I thought the same thing. And even when the weight started coming off, I still didn't believe it. It takes a while for your mind to catch up. Your husband probably won't recognize you next year!

Carrie

My surgery date is October 6th. I have known my hubby for almost 16yrs, we're almost 30 now. He's seen me normal, chubby, normal, overweight, then obese. He has probably forgotten what I looked like without this double chin, hahaha. I was joking with him when he called me last week and told him I was going to pick him up from his bus wearing high heels and NOTHING else.......that probably gave him something nice to think about :lol:

You go girl, I totally feel you!

Congrats! So how do you feel? Heating pad, hot tea will relieve gas pains, if you have them. I was banded on Monday 8/3. I feel wonderful! Let me know if I could help you in anyway!

Congrats! So how do you feel? Heating pad, hot tea will relieve gas pains, if you have them. I was banded on Monday 8/3. I feel wonderful! Let me know if I could help you in anyway!

I don't have much gas pain thankfully... but It's been 3 days now without a bowel movement. Did anyone take a laxative after surgery or anything to help with Constipation?