Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Sorry if this thread has already been started but I looked around a bit and couldn’t find one. I think that those of us who are scheduled for September need a place to support each other, help pass the time, and not spam up the boards with a thousand approved threads:tongue2:!!! I am so excited to being this journey. So, how about it? Any lost September banders out there? :ohmy::):)

I will be banded in September..My surgery date is Sept 9th.....Good luck to ya!!:sneaky:

Hi there!

My date is September 1st! I am so looking forward to it.

I have the support of my family and my best friend, but I think there is nothing like having the support of people who are going through the same thing.

Looking forward to sharing with everyone.

~Michelle

they gave me a pre op diet to do 10 days prior to surgery...He said I should lose about 8 pounds but I could always lose more if I wanted to ...so I went ahead and started working out and watching what I eat......

I will be banded September 2nd... can't wait. I will go in on the 24th of August to see the nutrionist about my pre and post-op diet. It will be liquids for 9 days pre-op, just not sure exactly what.

I look forward to being on this journey with you all!

Yay! I am going camping all of next week, so I am hoping to drop a lot with all the hiking and eating well. I cant wait! Ever since I got my approval I have been very motivated and have lost over 10 pounds (which is good because I gained on my 6 month insurance diet) I am hoping I can stay this motivated until I lose to my goal :scared2: do you guys have any goals to hit before surgery?

Hi, congratulations!! My surgery date is Sept 8th. I will have to be on a liquid diet . I find out next Tuesday what I will have to do between now and the 8th.

Very exciting! Keep us posted! I have to schedule that appointment when I get back from camping :scared2: Were going to kick all this weight in the butt together :tt1: congrats everyone :(

Hello!! Finally I find one for September although I must say the peeps in the August one were very very sweet. Ok here it goes. I am 38 years old with 3 sons. I work fulltime at a desk and have resisted any type of exercise for the past few years. Franky it hurts to even get around when you are this big but I am so tired of being heavy. I'm also tired of having sweat collect in creases that don't belong on my body and under spots that used to be up higher on my body, if you catch my drift.

My surgery date is September 8th with Dr. Snow. I can't wait !!

I am about 5'11, 310 with a bmi of 43. I start my preop on September 3rd and I also have no idea what shake to get, I hear so many horror stories about taste, consistency and what they do to your intestines. So if any of you have suggestions please pass them along.

I hope to get to know each and every one of you as we collectively go through this journey of a lifetime.

Blessings to you and yours..

Edited by tzn

Pleasure to meet you tnz! :scared2: I'm glad people are starting to find this September board :tt1: I cant wait to get to know you guys too! I decided not to tell anyone outside by SDBFF and my family about the surgery so I am hoping the rest of the September banders can be some of my support. I have no idea what shakes to get either. If you find any particularly yummy or easy to get down shakes let me know because I will need some too :(

I will get my new life on September 23rd. I start my Preop diet on the 9th of September but I will cut back starting after my trip to the beach tomorrow. I have been on a bit of a no food left behind tour as of late. I thought I was going to get carted out of PF Changs last night when I took the last bite of the great wall of cake.

Greg

I have my surgery scheduled for September 22. I start my pre-op diet on the 8th. I could have gone earlier but my grandson's birthday is Sept. 9 and I have to eat cake at his party. I did ask my son to have the party the weekend before (Sept. 5th) so I can be there and enjoy myself because I will not be eating cake on the 9th.

I am a bit apprehensive because I am a big bread eater and the thought of not eating bread the way I did before is a bit upsetting. But I have some serious health problems and have to lose weight.

I am barely at a 35 BMI but my insurance is paying because of my health problems so I am hoping I don't let them down and will be able to run after my grandson soon.

Greg: Hah! I totally know how you feel. I started my six month insurance diet and managed to gain 23 pounds. Somehow they still approved me... I jumped through all of the hoops though I guess maybe they thought that with the weight gain I really needed this. I am down 10.9 of those pounds already though and am hoping to go down to where I was 6 months ago just because I would feel safer for surgery at the weight. I may be only 19 but I already have heart problems because of my weight :scared2:.

Mickey: Have fun at the party and tell the bday boy best wishes. IDK why but for some reason giving up things like bday cake and doing preop diet feel really good to me. I feel like I'm taking the right steps forward. LOL and I feel like I have control over what I eat which is something I rarely feel. You can think about that feeling perhaps at the party when you are watching everyone else eat cake :tt1: that and running with the grandkids and seeing them graduate from college and get married.

I'm so glad to see more Septeberers joining this board we have to spread the word! ttys