Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Hi Patpie, good to have you join us!

I'm finding that getting enough fluids in keeps me more than full. I hope I don't get to the hungry stage...

I hope you have some down time after work to recuperate!

Anita

It sounds like everyone is having successful surgeries... good to hear! What a crazy awesome month!

Hey Michelle---we're getting close. How ya doing? I have been on liquids for the third day now...and doing OK. Getting nervous. But it is nice to see all the success stories!

BE STRONG!

K~

Hey Everyone..Just read all the posts I missed. Thanks for the info Pam. I know I can do it. I am SURE it is gonna be a long day though. Glad to see the MX successes, it really eases my aprehensions...lol. My husband is coming to MX with me...thank goodness!! The flights back will be a 12 hour ordeal. I am flying into Columbus OH, and will be staying the night there instead of driving home after 11pm at night. (Its a 2 hour drive).

Keeping my eye on the prize...a thinner- healthier person! Love to all---

K~

Hey everybody, since being banded on 09/09 I havn't had any pain at all and was barely even sore..So all was great!! Then it hit me last night like a Mac truck!! I got this awful pain everytime I took a breath in that felt like someone was stabbing me in the side...ugh it was awful and I am a person that handles pain really well. all I could do was cry. I thought maybe this is the gas everybody talks about...so I made myself get up and start walking..I could barely walk. I finally decided to take my liquid loratab after about 15 minutes the pain left...The med knocked me out for the night...I woke up this morning really sore...I don't know why this has just happened but it can go away now! it is still hurting when I take a deep breath..anybody else deal with this?? I have 2 more days on this Protein Shake diet then I can eat mushy's..I am so ready. I have started waking up hungry and dreaming about eating!!!! :mad2:

Hey Michelle---we're getting close. How ya doing? I have been on liquids for the third day now...and doing OK. Getting nervous. But it is nice to see all the success stories!

BE STRONG!

K~

Kimberly, you are going to do GREAT in MX!

I am getting more and more excited as the hours tick on... the nerves haven't really set in. It's been really nice going over everyones story, and although we are different people, the experiences are about the same. So I have an idea of what is ahead, I feel prepared and am ready to start this journey... I've got the rest of my life ahead of me, I might as well enjoy it! The liquids? I am used to it, it stinks when the family is having something yummy for dinner, like my fav chinese food, but I know I will one day get to eat some of that in the future (just in significantly fewer quantities). The interesting things about being on a high Protein liquid diet for me is after the first 4 days, it becomes more difficult to consume that much because I end up not being "hungry". I just couldn't imagine being on a liquid diet for the rest of my life... that would *STINK*

I have started waking up hungry and dreaming about eating!!!! :mad2:

Oh no :thumbup: LOL The tricks our minds play on us... hopefully the food in your dream was good?

As for the pain you are experiencing, I hope it goes away soon, does not sound pleasant, though it does sound like a gas bubble not being nice to you.

I was dreaming about food last night too...geeze! pancakes with syrup--lots of it!. (And I don't even care for syrup). LOL. What is this about??? Food addiction? Mental Hunger?? I have always dreamed of food when I was dieting in the past. Usually eating at buffets! LOL

I just need to keep myself occupied. :mad2:

K~

LOL I dreamed of Pizza...I don't even like pizza, but there I was in my dream sitting in front of a big box of pizza with this goofy grin on my face just chewing away LOL ......maybe it's that I miss chewing......who knows

LOL - oh the depths of our mental hunger - LOL

I posted this in it's own thread and then this thread was pointed out and wanted to know if anyone had any of the same experiences that I have had:

Okay, I was banded yesterday and today has been horrible. Starting about 8am this morning, I started having strong dry heaves. These are body racking dry heaves, not just a little gag. The dr is calling me in some phenegran supositorises, and said no liquids tonight. He said that if it doesn't ease off, then I will need to be admitted back into the hospital tomorrow for iv fluids and meds.

WHen I heave nothing but foamy stuff comes up. I have a sharp pain all over my belly when it happens, but that goes away as soon as I stop heaving.

Has anyone else dealt with this experience??

smallerj (jes) 9/16/09

Boo Cakes 9/16/09

Good Luck Tomorrow

Hardygostlin (Jody) 9/17/09

Loveslady(Tawonda) 9/17/09

Gatorgirl1024 (Shelley) 9/17/09

MishiB (Michelle) 9/17/09

We Are Next!!!!!:thumbup: I'm trying to check everything off my list. Praying everything goes well and making sure my liver has shrunk. Am I the only one to have a last supper?? I know I shouldn't have but I needed fried chicken one more time.:mad2:

I am being banded this coming friday (9/18/09)!! Any words of wisdom from those who have already taken the plunge??!!

What are the choices for our banded month name icon5.gif Sexy would not be the word I would pick for myself. eek.gif

What are the choices for our banded month name icon5.gif Sexy would not be the word I would pick for myself. eek.gif

I do not know what the choices are, have not seen any polls for our group name. Someone else mentioned it. I would not pick sexy for myself neither right now... but then again... we are all soon to be sexy, arent we? ;-) Thats why I like it, but I am very open to all suggestions that you other others may have.