Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

hi all. I am new to this forum thing. I will be getting the band on Sept 24th. I go for my pre-op appt on the 10th and start my liquid diet on the 11th. Starting to get a little excited and nervous both.

Soco 9/01/09

Amandakrangel 9/1/09

Coloradomom (Gen) 9/1/09

ms_Hart37 9/1/09

mosean6278 09/01/09

Jmtmb (JoLynne ) 9/4/09

JLDChester(Jamie)9/4/09

Cortney75 (Cortney) 9/4/09

tzn (Karena) 9/8/09

Jules 09/09/09

Soldiersgem(ginna) 9/9/09

pr8453(Pam) 9/9/09

bradybrat 09/09/09

Nawlinzlady (Dee) 9/15/09

Anni80 (annie) 9/15/09

Hardygostlin (Jody) 9/17/09

Loveslady(Tawonda) 9/17/09

Gatorgirl1024 (Shelley) 9/17/09

MishiB (Michelle) 9/17/09

Sharie3 9/21/09

leigna 09/24/09

Soexcited 9/30/09

Welcome to everyone just joining us!! Many prayers for everyone . Thinking about you 9/9rs!!! Let us know how things go.

P.S. I feel like a truck hit me

It's the night before the big event that I've been waiting a really long time for. I'm more excited than nervous. My surgery is scheduled for early morning, so by this time tomorrow, I will officially be a "bandster."

The pre-op diet has not been bad at all. I had 7 days of Meal Replacements, Protein supplements and 2 meals of 2oz protein and 1/2 cup veggies. It felt like I was always eating/drinking something and I was never hungry. The last 3 days were full liquids (MR & PS) and I'm pretty proud to say that I only cheated once during this 10 day period, having 3 tortilla chips with salsa.

Here's hoping tomorrow goes as well as some of you have done and I'm up and moving on to my new life quickly!

Can anyone tell me how to get on the 09-09 list and how to get a weight loss ticker on my profile?> thx

Hello bradybrat, You can get a ticker by going on tickerfactory.com.. There you can make your own. Make sure you remember your password as you will need it to update your progress. I forgot mine and had to create a whole new ticker... Okay once you create it. On the Upper, left hand corner of this page you will see UserCP, click on it and it takes you to your profile. On the left margin area click on Edit Signature. That takes you to an empty box, copy and paste your ticker there. You can also write in info, and add smileys.. Don't Forget! to hit the Save Signature in the bottom orange box.. I Hope this helps..

hi all. I am new to this forum thing. I will be getting the band on Sept 24th. I go for my pre-op appt on the 10th and start my liquid diet on the 11th. Starting to get a little excited and nervous both.

Well, Welcome Aboard leigna, I think most of us felt the same way.. You'll be fine. I hope we can be here for help and support. As you can see some of us already had the procedure done and believe me.. We all made it through.. Even though some of our experiences were different we're here to share them all.. :thumbup:

When you get a chance don't forget to sign our ongoing list of names and dates..

Hello 10bluetoes! Got the night before crazies yet?

My surgery today went as follows..

At hospital at 8am

had about 5 or 6 people in and out of my room before the

doc got there shortly after 9

once the doc left the wonderful man who gives out the calming coctails came back in and loaded me up, I don't even remember the trip to the OR. They are very kind over at Soutwest Surgical and helped my experience become not so scary after all. I was terrified going in but they made me feel at ease quickly!

by 11:30 I was awake, hit the xray machine and was back home by Noon. I live a block away so that helps.

I have been sipping Water all day, tried a shake, 2 sips and I was done.. for some reason its suddenly too sweet now. Tried chicken broth, tasted too savory, and I even tried a fat free popsicle.. gross even sweeter than the shake.

The nausea is horrible but they were nice enough to give a prescription of suppositories that even with insurance cost almost $70 bucks! My sister went to pick my my scripts and had I known it was that much I would have told her forget it. Yes I can be cheap at times. I guess I shouldn't complain though because my out of pocket for the entire surgery was only $277.

Oh yeah... tonight I puked , lots of dry heaves and a few tiny drops of water was all the reward I got for the horrifying experience.:thumbup:. Don't get me wrong I would rather not have vomiting issues but dagnabit if you are going to make me feel like crap at least let enough progress happen to where the nausea is gone.

Apparantely my dr.. Dr. Snow out of Hurst is also starting to do the single incision procedure however he did not bless me with it.. I got all 5.

Bottom line, would I do it again? Heck yes I would :)

I did learn the hard way, if it says decaff, use only decaff.. I got sick on sat. did not leave the house at all. I had a recipie mix for my Protein Shakes and used the wrng coffee.. :thumbup:

ms_hart, What is it that you felt?? This Morning, I had a Mcdonalds sugar free vanilla iced coffee. Mother of God!! ... My stomach is still cramping up. I got the runs but, the stomach cramps are the WORST!! Ayyy... this is it.. I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel... Okay maybe I shouldn't be so dramatic but, it Huuurrrrttss!!!... Also I'm thinking of changing my name to EXXON or SHELL.. How is it humanly possible that a person can have so much Gas.. Sorry Guys if it's too much information.. Okay yesterday at the bbq they had Beans and I figured it would be okay if I had a little of the juice.. I thought "there high in Iron, contain Protein hey it's still liquid.." I don't know if it was that or the coffee. I only sipped half of a medium cup. I have also made me some at home. As for the beans.. I'm Mexican- I've had plenty of beans and not felt this before.. What do you guys think?

Yeah! Good luck! Are you getting your band in Colo Springs or Denver? I was with Dr. Brown in Denver - 1 week ago today! Best thing ever!:thumbup:

I am having it in Colorado Springs...Dr Fredorick

Hey everyone! I got banded today! Ok usually I'm pretty good with pain and not a wuss but CRAP I'm hurting! I woke up from surgery and automatically had back and shoulder pain and pain at the incision so they gave me demerol and I was doing pretty well (I thought) but it's gotten worse since being home and the liquid lortab does NOTHING for me. UGHHH! The most pain is in my mid back on the left side and the back of my left shoulder. Finding a comfortable position is extremely hard. I haven't had any problems getting my liquids down or had any nausea (knock on wood) but I feel like I got beat up with a crowbar!

Oh and I have these big puffy light red circles around a few of my incisions, anyone else have that? Sorry about all the complaining! I guess misery loves company!

Hello 10bluetoes! Got the night before crazies yet?

My surgery today went as follows..

At hospital at 8am

had about 5 or 6 people in and out of my room before the

doc got there shortly after 9

once the doc left the wonderful man who gives out the calming coctails came back in and loaded me up, I don't even remember the trip to the OR. They are very kind over at Soutwest Surgical and helped my experience become not so scary after all. I was terrified going in but they made me feel at ease quickly!

by 11:30 I was awake, hit the xray machine and was back home by Noon. I live a block away so that helps.

I have been sipping Water all day, tried a shake, 2 sips and I was done.. for some reason its suddenly too sweet now. Tried chicken broth, tasted too savory, and I even tried a fat free popsicle.. gross even sweeter than the shake.

The nausea is horrible but they were nice enough to give a prescription of suppositories that even with insurance cost almost $70 bucks! My sister went to pick my my scripts and had I known it was that much I would have told her forget it. Yes I can be cheap at times. I guess I shouldn't complain though because my out of pocket for the entire surgery was only $277.

Oh yeah... tonight I puked , lots of dry heaves and a few tiny drops of water was all the reward I got for the horrifying experience.:thumbup:. Don't get me wrong I would rather not have vomiting issues but dagnabit if you are going to make me feel like crap at least let enough progress happen to where the nausea is gone.

Apparantely my dr.. Dr. Snow out of Hurst is also starting to do the single incision procedure however he did not bless me with it.. I got all 5.

Bottom line, would I do it again? Heck yes I would :)

Wow you are so alert.. I was out of it for two days.. Kudos Girlfriend.. I was given the suppositories too.. However, I didn't use them and my co-payment was only 10 bucks.. Wish I could email them to you.. take care.. :sneaky:

Soco 9/01/09

Amandakrangel 9/1/09

Coloradomom (Gen) 9/1/09

ms_Hart37 9/1/09

mosean6278 09/01/09

Jmtmb (JoLynne ) 9/4/09

JLDChester(Jamie)9/4/09

Cortney75 (Cortney) 9/4/09

tzn (Karena) 9/8/09

Jules 09/09/09

Soldiersgem(ginna) 9/9/09

pr8453(Pam) 9/9/09

bradybrat 09/09/09

Nawlinzlady (Dee) 9/15/09

Anni80 (annie) 9/15/09

smallerj (jes) 9/16/09

Hardygostlin (Jody) 9/17/09

Loveslady(Tawonda) 9/17/09

Gatorgirl1024 (Shelley) 9/17/09

MishiB (Michelle) 9/17/09

Sharie3 9/21/09

leigna 09/24/09

Soexcited 9/30/09

guess I'm the only one on 9/16 so far...

Hey Soco how are you feeling? Can you please help me get my band date on the list. September 2.

Thank you :thumbup:

Wow you are so alert.. I was out of it for two days.. Kudos Girlfriend.. I was given the suppositories too.. However, I didn't use them and my co-payment was only 10 bucks.. Wish I could email them to you.. take care.. :thumbup:

no worries hun, they gave me enough of them to last me at least 6 months ...oh joy lol. oh and they really do help, so I am not complaining about the price anymore :) How is your progress coming along?

Edited by tzn

Hey everyone! I got banded today! Ok usually I'm pretty good with pain and not a wuss but CRAP I'm hurting! I woke up from surgery and automatically had back and shoulder pain and pain at the incision so they gave me demerol and I was doing pretty well (I thought) but it's gotten worse since being home and the liquid lortab does NOTHING for me. UGHHH! The most pain is in my mid back on the left side and the back of my left shoulder. Finding a comfortable position is extremely hard. I haven't had any problems getting my liquids down or had any nausea (knock on wood) but I feel like I got beat up with a crowbar!

Oh and I have these big puffy light red circles around a few of my incisions, anyone else have that? Sorry about all the complaining! I guess misery loves company!

Congratulations! It is hard, I had the back pains and it sucked for a couple days, but much better by about 3 days after surgery. Have you tried a heating pad? That helped me alot, on tummy or back. I did not get the puffy red circles.

I am 8 days out and feeling SO much better. Just a few days to suffer through and you will be almost there!:thumbup:

Okay, early bandsters - Are you starting to get your hunger back? I definitely am. :)

I guess this is the beginning of "bandster hell". It is still way less than before surgery, but I was hoping to keep the no hunger effect going for more than 8 days!

Still so psyched I have the band. I took my measurements yesterday and compared to pre-surgery, I lost 12 inches already, including 1 inch in waist and 4.5 inches in tummy! My middle has gone way down, yippee!:thumbup: