Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Getting soooo nervous... surgery set for September 10th!!! Breathe in Breathe out.... lol

I was banded on 9-2. I do not think I have seen this topic brought up....sugar count. I did not know that when you are taking the IV,s etc your blood sugar goes up. Mine was as high as 248. It scared me. I have lost many in my family to diabetes including my 16 yr old sister. I got panicy. I was told this happens often and not to worry about it. I had to get 2 shots of insulin. I would have felt a lot better if I was told that this could be a possibility in advance. So if it happens to do not get upset. It is also taking me longer to bounce back than I expected. Maybe because the hernia was a lot larger then they thought. First time in 20 yrs no Prilosec I feel liberated. Another thought. I lost 30 lbs before the operation. Which is great. I am on blood pressure pills. If anyone is on meds monitor them as you loose the weight. I already had to cut back my dosage in half. These are things I never really thouht of. Can not weight for day that I am off all meds. Then I will know the decision was the correct one.

I'm glad to hear you are doing well. I remeber your profile because I was banded on 9/2. I start full liquids oday also. If you come across any "yummy" Soups PLEASE let me know. Trying to get in my head that "this is not a diet i's a way of life", so I am trying to find things that taste good. TTYL! Keep in Touch. :thumbup:

Ivy, I feel the same way.. But, I have a plan. Girl don't you know as soon as I can have mushies, I'm going to puree some steak add a drop or two of A1 sauce and mmm mmm. I can't wait.. :thumbup:

Ivy, I feel the same way.. But, I have a plan. Girl don't you know as soon as I can have mushies, I'm going to puree some steak add a drop or two of A1 sauce and mmm mmm. I can't wait.. :thumbup:

LOL!!! It's a plan! :thumbup:

Ivy! we were banded on the same day! Ive pretty much had the same things going on as you.

The gas pains in my shoulders were terrible but I walked a lot and my mom rubbed my shoulders and that helped a lot. When do you get to go on mushies? Im looking forward to that!

I saw you guys were going to puree steak....I dont know why but Im freaked about by the thought of pureed meat..... is it really not that bad and I need to get over it? :thumbup:

Ivy! we were banded on the same day! Ive pretty much had the same things going on as you.

The gas pains in my shoulders were terrible but I walked a lot and my mom rubbed my shoulders and that helped a lot. When do you get to go on mushies? Im looking forward to that!

I saw you guys were going to puree steak....I dont know why but Im freaked about by the thought of pureed meat..... is it really not that bad and I need to get over it? :thumbup:

Hi McCall!! Yeaah we are BANDED!! The pureed meat thing I won't do for a while. I am allowed to go to full liquids but I am nervous. Have you started on full liquids yet? We have to keep in touch. 'm going to send a friend request. :thumbup:

Hi McCall!! Yeaah we are BANDED!! The pureed meat thing I won't do for a while. I am allowed to go to full liquids but I am nervous. Have you started on full liquids yet? We have to keep in touch. 'm going to send a friend request. :thumbup:

Today has been a pretty good day. I lost 7 lbs this week and I know most of that is from not eating much of anything for several days. Have been hungrier yesterday and today but I am satisfied with a small amount of Full liquid/very liquidy pureed foods at a time. Hope everyone is having a great weekend and stay safe this weekend. Happy labor Day!:thumbup:

Hi Everyone - glad to hear that all of you who were recently banded are doing well! To those aniticpating surgery 0 I have to admit it hasn't been nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I went out to lunch with my family today and had the broth from a bowl of chicken vegetable Soup. It was a treat! I am on liquids for another 9 days and then on to mushies. I am still not really hungry so I can handle the liquids. By the way - has everyone removed the bandages from your incisions? I have one large dressing over the port area that I haven't removed. I put the anitbacterial soap on it and hope that is enough.

Have a great day.

Yay! I have a date of september 17!

I think I reported this on another thread, but not here yet...I am so excited to have lost 15 lbs in one week!!!!! The first 8 were from my 3 days of Clear Liquids pre-op, then 7 lbs since surgery on Tues. :thumbup:

I have to say, that is freakin awesome for me, a record in my 42 years (almost) of dieting!!!! And it was almost easy, since I wasn't hungry most of the time.

Now comes the test: I have a BBQ to go to tonight, and while I am not worried about eating (I plan to bring mashed potatoes and have some for dinner), the big issue is cocktails! I am so used to drinking several glasses of wine at these things. That will not work if I want to keep up the momentum I have going. So I will have to wing it. Maybe bring some diet cranberry juice and drink that?

Awesome Loveslady! That is so soon. Do you have a pre-op diet?

Hi Everyone - glad to hear that all of you who were recently banded are doing well! To those aniticpating surgery 0 I have to admit it hasn't been nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I went out to lunch with my family today and had the broth from a bowl of chicken vegetable Soup. It was a treat! I am on liquids for another 9 days and then on to mushies. I am still not really hungry so I can handle the liquids. By the way - has everyone removed the bandages from your incisions? I have one large dressing over the port area that I haven't removed. I put the anitbacterial soap on it and hope that is enough.

Have a great day.

Totally agree, it is not that bad. It is a whole different thing dealing with liquids once you have the band - no hunger issues at all for me.

I took off the big bandages but not the steri strips - I was told to leave them on until they fall off.

Sounds like you're setting records Colorado Mom! I lost 12 lbs on my 2 week presurgery liquid diet and have not weighed myself since surgery on the 1st. They warned us at the hospital that we could temporarily gain 6 lbs from the IVs. I see my doctor on Thursday so I will hope for a big loss then. I know what you mean about the wine - it is definitely easy to drink several glasses when you're talking and I miss wine already. I think the diet cranberry juice or Water with lemon is a good idea. Good luck!

Congrats LovesLady -it's hard to believe that the band date will come after all of the preparation but it does. Good luck with the next few weeks of preparation.

You are right comet! I thought the day would never come. But its here and I'm ready to lose weight and look good. I'm actually loking forward to the holidays cause I know that I will be seen by people I haven't seen in a while and I will be smaller that they have seen in many a years.

Your surgery is day before me! We should start a list, screen names with dates. What do yawl think?