Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Welcome Devvon...I'm in PA too!! :)

Great maybe we can meet up someday where are you having your surgery done at Im having mine done at HUP

I am going to Brussells for a September 23 surgery.

Greetings September Gang!

I am officially one week away...starting to get a bit nervous..mainly about anesthesia..never had it. Other than that I am ready. I have my pre-op appointment on Thursday - this will be when I meet the dietician and the anesthesiologist and get all my instructions. I anticipate she will be putting me on my pre-op diet at that point, but I hope she reports to my surgeon that I surpassed his request (since I won't be meeting with him that day). I haven't lost any more..but I am on my cycle..so I hope to see a few more pounds gone when it goes..hopefully by Thursday :thumbup:

Anyway...just checking in. Coloradomom..I also added some more solid food in my diet the past few days simply because my hormonal cravings got the best of me! Good news is eating less for the last month shrunk my stomach and I couldn't eat very much anyway...what a blessing :)

I had my diet and post-op info class yesterday, as well as my bloodwork, EKG (again), and a chest X-ray. I met with my surgeon again, and the anesthesiologist. I start my full liquids diet tomorrow and I have to admit... it is all hitting me now. As I was sitting in my diet class I kept worrying that I couldn't do this. I have no fears about the actual surgery, but man... the lifestyle change! I know this is what I need and that I have to do it but I am nervous. I guess that is normal. I keep thinking about how I will feel a year from now and that makes me feel better.

My date is September 8th. I have my EGD on the 2nd. I am neverous and excited. The only part that scares me is the 1 week pre-op diet. I thought 1 week was bad, but some of you guys have had 2 weeks. So I have no room to complain. It would be great if someone from the Dallas area is having their's around the same time. If so let me know.

Greetings September Gang!

I am officially one week away...starting to get a bit nervous..mainly about anesthesia..never had it. Other than that I am ready. I have my pre-op appointment on Thursday - this will be when I meet the dietician and the anesthesiologist and get all my instructions. I anticipate she will be putting me on my pre-op diet at that point, but I hope she reports to my surgeon that I surpassed his request (since I won't be meeting with him that day). I haven't lost any more..but I am on my cycle..so I hope to see a few more pounds gone when it goes..hopefully by Thursday :tongue2:

Anyway...just checking in. Coloradomom..I also added some more solid food in my diet the past few days simply because my hormonal cravings got the best of me! Good news is eating less for the last month shrunk my stomach and I couldn't eat very much anyway...what a blessing :thumbup:

Yeah! Only 7 more days to go for both of us. I have to report that I sort of gave up on the voluntary pre-op diet...it was good to try it out for a week anyway, I definitely learned a lot and lost a few pounds. I start my Clear liquids (the real pre op diet my surgeon requires) on Saturday.

Good for you losing so much before surgery! Without anyone telling me I had to do it, I just lost steam :)....anyway, I am so excited to get going with the band next week!

Let us know what happens at your pre-op appt. I am done with all testing until surgery day!:)

Hi ColoradoMom - 3 days of Clear Liquids and no Protein shakes even? That would be really challenging. It's interesting how the surgeons are so different in their requirements. It will all be worth it! Good luck!

Yep, no Protein shakes or anything at all! Virtually zero calories for 3 days (broth has like 30 cals I think?) I think this starvation mode diet really uses up all the glucose in the liver, making it shrink really fast.

Plenty of others have done it, I know I can do it too, but I am ready for it to totally suck! I wish I could just take a weekend -long sleeping pill and sleep through the whole thing. :)

I am so tired of people trying to "steal my thunder" I hate it when people are negative about me getting the Lapband. Just today someone said, " people should just diet and excersize" UGH!!!! Of course this came from a skinny person whom has never had a weight problem!

Stay motivated and don't let negativity cloud your mind. I had a friend who basically said the same thing. To make long story short she said she didn't want me to get as thin as she is! People will be jealous but you know what your goal is! :)

Hey everyone! I'm scheduled for Sept 8th and I'm getting nervous! My 7 day pre-op diet starts on Sept 1st and I've been in the binge/eat everything i see mentality! Most of the threads I read, everyone is losing weight before their pre-op diets and I'm pretty sure mine is piling on, ugh feel like a slacker already! I'm also self pay so I haven't had to lose any for insurance purposes etc. I'm ready for my pre op to start so I'll be forced to stop eating! I'm so ready to get my band and get this weight off!

Just thought I'd introduce myself and looking forward to talking with you all!

Hi I'm scheduled for September 2nd. I am also self pay and it is so funny because it is like you were reading my mind. I wasn't forced to loose the weight for insurance purposes so I was eating everything in sight. I started my pre-op diet and it was a struggle firt but it is getting a little easier. Good luck! My pre-op appointment is Monday. I'll keep in touch!:)

Great maybe we can meet up someday where are you having your surgery done at Im having mine done at HUP

Cool!!! Mine is in Reading at the Weight Management Center through the hospital there. So far, so good. :) I'm still shocked were all so close to OUR MONTH!!

What is HUP? I'm not sure?

Boo

Hi there! My surgery is scheduled for Sept. 4th. I started my pre-op diet last Friday. Clear liquids only with 30 grams of whey Protein per day. I am using the vanilla flavored powder mixed with Powerade. Not too bad. I have already lost 12.5 pounds in 5 days. Not too shabby. Can't wait for the surgery though. This liquid diet really sucks :)

Yep, no Protein shakes or anything at all! Virtually zero calories for 3 days (broth has like 30 cals I think?) I think this starvation mode diet really uses up all the glucose in the liver, making it shrink really fast.

Plenty of others have done it, I know I can do it too, but I am ready for it to totally suck! I wish I could just take a weekend -long sleeping pill and sleep through the whole thing. :)

sleeping through the liquid diet WOULD BE sweet!!! lol

I had my diet and post-op info class yesterday, as well as my bloodwork, EKG (again), and a chest X-ray. I met with my surgeon again, and the anesthesiologist. I start my full liquids diet tomorrow and I have to admit... it is all hitting me now. As I was sitting in my diet class I kept worrying that I couldn't do this. I have no fears about the actual surgery, but man... the lifestyle change! I know this is what I need and that I have to do it but I am nervous. I guess that is normal. I keep thinking about how I will feel a year from now and that makes me feel better.

I do the same thing when I get nervous, I try to picture myself next Christmas or New Years Eve, or next summer and fall with my children. It does help keep what we're doing all this work for in perspective.

Good luck with the liquids. I'm excited for the September Bandies to get underway!!! Keep us posted!

Just wanted to say welcome to all the newest posters and surgery dates posted!!!

Also, quick question...how long did you guys wait to call your insurance about if your approved? Did you call at all or wait for the letter? Tomorrow is a week and a day and I want to call so bad but don't want to bug either. I was just curious! :)

Just wanted to say welcome to all the newest posters and surgery dates posted!!!

Also, quick question...how long did you guys wait to call your insurance about if your approved? Did you call at all or wait for the letter? Tomorrow is a week and a day and I want to call so bad but don't want to bug either. I was just curious! :)

I think you should call.. forget about bugging them. It's their job, besides in these cases persistence does pay off. Sometimes they have a desk full of papers and if it takes a call for them to find yours... What are you waiting for do it! Good Luck and You were right it seemed like I wasn't loosing any weight and then all of a sudden I notice my clothes are looser. However, I've been afraid to jump on the scale... :)