Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

Ok i think i quilify as a slow weight loss loser here .. I was banded on april 18 and lost 7 lbs the first week second week gained 2 lbs and 3rd week i have not gained or loss anything.. dispite being on 600 calories a day protien diet .. u sure it is 3,500 colories per pound? I am thinking it must be 10,000 per pound the way I see it does not make sense to me .. went from 3000 plus a day diet to 600 a day .. the math is not addinng up right..

first fill may 31 ..

be well

Lisa

I just went back and started reading the beginning of this thread and it really helped me. Even if I am a slow loser, I am not alone. Some of the slow losers

are still losing. I have to keep telling myself, even if I am a slow loser, I would have gained more by now. So in the end, even if I lose slowly, it's better than gaining quickly!

Denise

Thanks for your last post.......it is so frustrating to balance what you want in your heart with what you know in your head and then to top it off, check out these threads and think you're the only one who will fail with the band....In my gut I know it is absolutely the best thing I have ever done for myself but I get so freaked out when I step on the scale and haven't lost in two months even though I am enjoying my "sweet spot", not overeating, choosing well and working my butt off in the gym...I am trying to look at this plateau as an opportunity - this thread is where I belong!

Terry

Thanks Terry, I know exactly how you feel. I was really excited today because after doing 20 min on the elliptical, then 20 min on the stair stepper, I was able to jog for 10 min on the treadmill. In the past, I have only been able to jog for 5 min and I watch the time and think I am going to die. This time I saw 5 min go by, and I felt really good and was able to keep going for 5 more min. So I finished up my hour of cardio with 10 min of jogging and 10 min of power walking.

It IS extremely frustrating to do all this, and eat right, drink the Water, and never see the scale move. I have to keep telling myself that someday it's

going to go down again.

:( I've just moved to a gated community so there's a pool and great places to ride my bike. We'll see if this helps:confused: I can only lose if I STARVE! or about 900 cals. a day. My Dr. says my matabolosm is screwed!:mad: I don't know what else to do. We go out with friends and I can only eat a few bites...home isn't much better...what do you all try?

Hurray! I found a site that helps me! I was banded a year ago in Feb. and lost 40 lbs. and have just been sitting here. :faint: Although I have to say this was the first holiday season I have been through without gaining 20 lbs! I was encouraged by that. I thought I was a failure for only losing that much the first year but reading all of these postings have helped me. I know I need to start counting calories again. Letting myself nibble too much on things I don't need. Thanks to all of you for your input. I truly need to be inspired to go at this again! :clap2:

Any one else having problems losing weight soon after being banded? I was banded 7 weeks ago and have not lost any weight for the past 4 weeks. I am losing inches, though.

I've been following all the rules, eating only heathly foods & Protein Shakes and exercising. I'm taking in 80+ gms of Protein and about 1,000 - 1,200 calories. I've been been keeping a food journal.

My doctor suggested that I cut my exercise in half, as I was burning about 350 - 500 calories five times a week. I did that a week ago and still no weight loss. I am getting discouraged!

On the postive side, I'm feeling great. I've had no nausea and vomiting. I have good restriction and can only eat about 1/2 - 3/4 cup of food at a time.

Any one have a similar experience? Am I worrying too much?

I just really want this to work.

Sandy, if you losing inches, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Likely in the not too distant future, you'll drop a number of pounds. For me, when I AM losing, it's like this: stuck for a long time, size adjusts (with no weight loss) then I drop 5, 10, or 15 lbs.

I am excited that after a very long plateau, I finally got on the scale this morning and have dropped 3 lbs. I went to the dr. Monday and they are going

to do a resting metobolic test tomorrow morning which is supposed to tell me how many calories per day I need to eat in order to lose. I don't know if I lost finally just because it was time, or if it's because I have done anything differently lately. I did add more fruit into my diet, because I was really tired of just Protein and veggies and still not losing.

I say get off the scale and on to the pavement or treadmill....for me I don't lose an inch unless I exercise for at least 45 mins a day.

<p>I am definately a slow loser and completely sick of it all. I have only lost 32 pounds since June 7th, 2006 and still don't eat normally. I have to stand up to eat so it won't get stuck and there are very few things I can eat, so guess what? I eat things I shouldn't. In other words things that go down easy, things that I can actually sit down to eat. I feel like if I get an unfill what is that going to do other than maybe worse thing of all GAIN weight!!! NOOOOOOO</p> <p>Anybody else have this problem? I would love to hear what the solution is. I am also pretty active, not saying I work out but I so stay active, not a couch potatoe. Also I have thyroid problems but am on meds for that. (think I spelled that wrong)</p>

<p>I am definately a slow loser and completely sick of it all. I have only lost 32 pounds since June 7th, 2006 and still don't eat normally. I have to stand up to eat so it won't get stuck and there are very few things I can eat, so guess what? I eat things I shouldn't. In other words things that go down easy, things that I can actually sit down to eat. I feel like if I get an unfill what is that going to do other than maybe worse thing of all GAIN weight!!! NOOOOOOO</p> <p>Anybody else have this problem? I would love to hear what the solution is. I am also pretty active, not saying I work out but I so stay active, not a couch potatoe. Also I have thyroid problems but am on meds for that. (think I spelled that wrong)</p>

I had some of these same things. I found it to be different at different times or even on different days, but I had to force myself to chew everything far more then I ever did before and not eat fast. I used to finish my meals far sooner than anyone else and now people usually have to wait for me. I am like you, in the activity department also. I take care of my three and four year old grandsons every day so I don't have time to be a couch potatoe either. I figured that was adequate excersize but I found out that unless I actually walk 2 miles a day at least 4-5 times a week I do not lose anything. I guess that is why I am a slow loser. I don't excersize (this doesn't look like I spelled it right..sorry) most of the winter and I just got back into the habit recently. I also had to go back to more protien...less carbs. The scale finally dropped for me a little this week. I have a friend who prays for me...I will do so for you! PS. I am also on thyroid meds.

I am definately a slow loser... how about a no loser. I am still hovering around 220 - 224 and it is month 4!!! I want to be a member!

Well, I'm finally joining this group. I know I'm a slower loser, and I know why (crap food choices), but I need help figuring out how to do what I Know I need to do.

When I follow all the rules, I do lose weight. Why is it so hard to follow the rules?

Hello all! I was banded on August 3, 2006 and so far I've lost around 53 pounds. I think I'm doing ok but I'm pretty discouraged because everybody else in my month group has lost around 100 pounds already. I must be the slow kid in class! I guess I should probably step up my workouts. I don't enjoy it that much but who does, right? Hehehe. Just thought I'd say Hi.

Josette - i wouldn't feel discouraged at 53 lbs. the average person loses 1-2 lbs a week. you are about 37 weeks out from surgery. so the weight range of loss is 37-74lbs. You are right there in the middle of that range. You should be proud of your accomplishment. Those people that are in the 100lb range are either exceptionally good losers, there are some or they are "just keeping up with the jones's". I'm not saying they are liars but its human nature to embelish a bit if others are doing better than you. Keep up the great work you will be at your goal in no time.

I had some of these same things. I found it to be different at different times or even on different days, but I had to force myself to chew everything far more then I ever did before and not eat fast. I used to finish my meals far sooner than anyone else and now people usually have to wait for me. I am like you, in the activity department also. I take care of my three and four year old grandsons every day so I don't have time to be a couch potatoe either. I figured that was adequate excersize but I found out that unless I actually walk 2 miles a day at least 4-5 times a week I do not lose anything. I guess that is why I am a slow loser. I don't excersize (this doesn't look like I spelled it right..sorry) most of the winter and I just got back into the habit recently. I also had to go back to more protien...less carbs. The scale finally dropped for me a little this week. I have a friend who prays for me...I will do so for you! PS. I am also on thyroid meds.

I know not excercising is a bad choice and definately know I should. I will get back on the program soon I know because I'm certainly sick of this way of life and also thinking of doing weight watchers or something similar. I just really need to change my thoughts on thinking since I got the band it should of solved all the weight issues. HA I was under the impression that since I can't eat alot of stuff it would take care of the weight loss automaticly. Not true sorry to say :cry