Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Watchers Online: Support Thread

Hi ladies. I haven't been posting for a while. My son has had pneumonia but thank God he is better now. I went and had my 5th fill last Thursday. I now have 7.9 in a 10 cc band. I hope I am now in the "green zone". Last month and this month I haven't been able to eat for 3 or 4 days after my fill. I have been doing shakes and mushy foods. Does anyone else go that long without eating solid food?

A different lady gave me the fill this time. She told me I have been eating too many carbs. The lady that usually gives me the fills said Weight Watchers and the band work well together. Now this lady tells me to eat low carb. I need to figure out how to combine the two. Low carb is a lot of meat and I have a hard time eating meat. It just won't go down. If anyone has any ideas please share them.

Lisa

i was banded about 5 months ago and my weight loss is very very slow. first visit with surgeon i was 272, i got down to 254 with 6 months supervised diet, one week pre op diet I was 249 on surgery date. I am now at 228. I was stuck for a long time around 233 235, I looked up weight watchers and thought maybe I should try this. my surgeon office gives me nothing to go by for meals, they just say no liquids with meals, no liquids as meals, eat 3 times a day and stop when you are full. my surgeon told me not to count calories, carbs, Protein or any of that. but I have noticed that i was at 233, started weight watchers which I feel helps me keep track of things and be more accountable for what I eat and Im down to 228. I am not going to tell my surgeon that I am doing weight watchers for fear that he will get irritated which he tends to do at times. weight watchers currently gives me 33 pts a day to eat with the flex points. i usually make the 33 point range, usually around 30. I have read where other people do the points for what a 150 lb person is but I am doing the correct points for my weight. I am short at 5'3 and have diabetes and pcos which slows my weight loss down some I believe. i read on here how people feel that ww is sinceless because you paid for weight loss surgery but in turn, i have issues with food obviously or I wouldnt be over weight to begin with. weight watchers is giving me the support I need and the accountablity i need with a sense of im eating within range of what my weight should be. I just hope it continues to work because my surgeon is not real big on giving fills/adjustments, he wants you to learn to eat better and not focus on restriction which i understand, but if I was able to eat better portions I wouldnt have had weight loss surgery to begin with.

anyone else eat the points they get from weight watchers based on their weight or is everyone doing a low point number?

hello !! I have been at work thank God !!! i work for six flags and so I have been out of work for 3 months and it feels great to be back ! we open in April but we take alot of classes and clean up ... my eatting is good cause i am not home to just eat i have to wait for a break or when we are done :)

i try to stay in my points 31 but before work I was going wayy over...

my protien shake is way to many points ! 11.... I dont mind slim fast but thats only 10 grams of Protein and 5 points... and I can tell i am hungrey faster my Protein Shake keeps me full for 5-6 hrs...

I went out and bought the zumba for the wii for the days i cant make it to the gym.. I am loving that,,, i also bought the kettle bell workout but havnt tried it yet.. there were my birthday presents to myself <3 well I changed my wi days to monday so tomorrow i will report back ..

have a great night :)

Amy

Well after loosing so much so fast I suppose it is only fitting that I sucked at this last weigh in. I gained a pound booo hooo! I have no flippin idea what I did wrong because I ate well, I think it might have something to do with not exercising as much and not feeling good. Still feeling sick, bad cold and fever so no working out for me just yet. My food weekend sucked too, I dont know about you guys but when you feel lousy food is extra hard, unless I have a flu and am sick to my tummy a lot. Soooooooo this week I have today till Saturday morning to at least loose the pound I gained. I have no big goals this week, just need to feel better first so I can get back to the gym.

dont let the one lb get to you... it could just be Water weight... your doing AWSOME !!!

today i had my 11 point Protein Shake at 9am

6 point bowl of hormel chili at 2:30

i was banded about 5 months ago and my weight loss is very very slow. first visit with surgeon i was 272, i got down to 254 with 6 months supervised diet, one week pre op diet I was 249 on surgery date. I am now at 228. I was stuck for a long time around 233 235, I looked up weight watchers and thought maybe I should try this. my surgeon office gives me nothing to go by for meals, they just say no liquids with meals, no liquids as meals, eat 3 times a day and stop when you are full. my surgeon told me not to count calories, carbs, Protein or any of that. but I have noticed that i was at 233, started weight watchers which I feel helps me keep track of things and be more accountable for what I eat and Im down to 228. I am not going to tell my surgeon that I am doing weight watchers for fear that he will get irritated which he tends to do at times. weight watchers currently gives me 33 pts a day to eat with the flex points. i usually make the 33 point range, usually around 30. I have read where other people do the points for what a 150 lb person is but I am doing the correct points for my weight. I am short at 5'3 and have diabetes and pcos which slows my weight loss down some I believe. i read on here how people feel that ww is sinceless because you paid for weight loss surgery but in turn, i have issues with food obviously or I wouldnt be over weight to begin with. weight watchers is giving me the support I need and the accountablity i need with a sense of im eating within range of what my weight should be. I just hope it continues to work because my surgeon is not real big on giving fills/adjustments, he wants you to learn to eat better and not focus on restriction which i understand, but if I was able to eat better portions I wouldnt have had weight loss surgery to begin with.

anyone else eat the points they get from weight watchers based on their weight or is everyone doing a low point number?

I believe I'd find a new doctor, Kristy. What's the point of the surgeon putting a band in you if he's "not big on fills"? You need some restriction to help curb your appetite and help with Portion Control. Most doctors want to see you at least once a month - I had my surgery on 12/30 and I've had 2 fills.

I'm also doing WW and I'm using common sense, along with what the nutritionist tells me at the doctors. You should be eating 3/4 c. - 1 c. per meal, made up of 50% protein, 35% vegetables, 10% fruits, and 5% starches. If you follow the portion and WW guidelines, log your food, and get your exercise, you will lose weight.

Remember that YOU are the patient, and you (or your insurance) paid for this procedure. If you don't feel you have enough restriction, tell the doctor and if he gets "irritated", tell him that you'll find another doctor who is a little more sympathetic to your needs. This is your life and your body and there are plenty of bariatric doctors out there who will give you the support you need about nutrition, how you're doing, and whether or not you need a fill or adjustment.

I believe I'd find a new doctor, Kristy. What's the point of the surgeon putting a band in you if he's "not big on fills"? You need some restriction to help curb your appetite and help with Portion Control. Most doctors want to see you at least once a month - I had my surgery on 12/30 and I've had 2 fills.

I'm also doing WW and I'm using common sense, along with what the nutritionist tells me at the doctors. You should be eating 3/4 c. - 1 c. per meal, made up of 50% Protein, 35% vegetables, 10% fruits, and 5% starches. If you follow the portion and WW guidelines, log your food, and get your exercise, you will lose weight.

Remember that YOU are the patient, and you (or your insurance) paid for this procedure. If you don't feel you have enough restriction, tell the doctor and if he gets "irritated", tell him that you'll find another doctor who is a little more sympathetic to your needs. This is your life and your body and there are plenty of bariatric doctors out there who will give you the support you need about nutrition, how you're doing, and whether or not you need a fill or adjustment.

He has given me 3 adjustments since surgery, he gave me 3 cc fill about 8 wks post op, no difference but I was still averaging about a pound a week weight loss, went back 6 wks later and he didnt really want to fill me again because i was still eating but at that time I was able to eat still alot of food, he hesitated but did give me another 1 cc adjustment, told me to come back in 8 weeks, went through the holidays and went back after new years and had only lost 2 lbs, he was pissed, asked me what i ate for Breakfast, i say i ate 2 eggs and a piece of toast, he says no way in hell should you be eating 2 eggs and a piece of toast, and im like well if Im hungry im going to eat, because thats what he told me to do. and if i could have refrained from eating 2 egss i wouldnt have had weight loss sugery to begin with, so he gives me another adjustment of about 1.5 cc so now total of 5.5 cc in a 10 cc band. that was jan. 10th, i have lost about 5 lbs since then, i go back to him next week, dont know what to do, i feel kinda lost with this whole thing. I know that i have some restriction because i get full faster but still i believe I am able to eat way more than I should. hoping weight watchers will help me with this. I used to eat 2biscuits with gravy, eggs and hasbrowns, chips , cheese, whole medium pizza and bread sticks, fried foods and ice cream every day. now im averaging about 1 egg a day, no breads, no fried foods, no sweets, no ice cream. today i had kashi go lean Cereal with fat free milk, then I had 2 fresco tacos and for dinner i will probably have chicken and veggies but i still seem to not lose that much weight. dunno if its what im eating or just my anatomy. thanks for your help

He has given me 3 adjustments since surgery, he gave me 3 cc fill about 8 wks post op, no difference but I was still averaging about a pound a week weight loss, went back 6 wks later and he didnt really want to fill me again because i was still eating but at that time I was able to eat still alot of food, he hesitated but did give me another 1 cc adjustment, told me to come back in 8 weeks, went through the holidays and went back after new years and had only lost 2 lbs, he was pissed, asked me what i ate for breakfast, i say i ate 2 eggs and a piece of toast, he says no way in hell should you be eating 2 eggs and a piece of toast, and im like well if Im hungry im going to eat, because thats what he told me to do. and if i could have refrained from eating 2 egss i wouldnt have had weight loss sugery to begin with, so he gives me another adjustment of about 1.5 cc so now total of 5.5 cc in a 10 cc band. that was jan. 10th, i have lost about 5 lbs since then, i go back to him next week, dont know what to do, i feel kinda lost with this whole thing. I know that i have some restriction because i get full faster but still i believe I am able to eat way more than I should. hoping weight watchers will help me with this. I used to eat 2biscuits with gravy, eggs and hasbrowns, chips , cheese, whole medium pizza and bread sticks, fried foods and ice cream every day. now im averaging about 1 egg a day, no breads, no fried foods, no sweets, no ice cream. today i had kashi go lean cereal with fat free milk, then I had 2 fresco tacos and for dinner i will probably have chicken and veggies but i still seem to not lose that much weight. dunno if its what im eating or just my anatomy. thanks for your help

i know exactly what you mean. i have some restriction but i still feel i can eat. basically i watch everything i put in my mouth

OK you guys need some filling up! I have a 10 cc band and have 8.5 in it now and am feeling good and tight! FINALLY! It took me too long to get to this point, my doc also fills slow but I finally told him what to do and he did it. I just had to be specific. I was playing his game for a long while thinking he knew best, well he did not I did and I was right! It's my body and I know it!

Now I can not eat a whole slice of pizza, it's perfect! I can still have pizza but like a 1/2 a slice and I am happy :) I can actually eat anything, bread, Pasta, rice I just cant eat a lot of it.

Thank GOD for my band I'd be 300 pounds again without it!

My next ww weigh in is this Saturday, I had a 1 pound gain last week so I am trying extra hard food wise this week. I am not back at the gym yet because I still dont feel good, my cold/flu is lasting way too long now.

Kristy, are you going to the gym? What kind of moving are you doing and how old are you? I know the older I get I cant loose without moving. The band is just help, not magic!

OK you guys need some filling up! I have a 10 cc band and have 8.5 in it now and am feeling good and tight! FINALLY! It took me too long to get to this point, my doc also fills slow but I finally told him what to do and he did it. I just had to be specific. I was playing his game for a long while thinking he knew best, well he did not I did and I was right! It's my body and I know it!

Now I can not eat a whole slice of pizza, it's perfect! I can still have pizza but like a 1/2 a slice and I am happy :) I can actually eat anything, bread, Pasta, rice I just cant eat a lot of it.

Thank GOD for my band I'd be 300 pounds again without it!

My next ww weigh in is this Saturday, I had a 1 pound gain last week so I am trying extra hard food wise this week. I am not back at the gym yet because I still dont feel good, my cold/flu is lasting way too long now.

how do you feel when you have 1/2 slice of pizza . do you feel like something is stuck . how do you know when that is all you can eat

Good job guys! i went for a fill last friday and haven't been able to do the ww program this week cause i'm having to eat liquids and popscicles so I haven't posted for a week. But I should be back tomorrow posting agian hopefully. Shew I have 2cc and am so darn tight its weird how before i had hernia surgery i had 4cc and that was my sweet spot but i will be at 2cc for a long time cause its my new sweet spot. DOLE strawberry fruit popcicle is my new freind so yummy if you haven't had one u must try it.

Try Jolly Rancher popsicles! Someone on here told me about them before my surgery and they are AWESOME! Usually I eat sugar-free popsicles (Tropical is my favorite), but I have one or two of the Jolly Ranchers a week.

Kristy, are you going to the gym? What kind of moving are you doing and how old are you? I know the older I get I cant loose without moving. The band is just help, not magic!

not going to the gym, not doing much of anything active other than work and stuff around the house, im sure that has alot to do with it but if that is what is stopping me , I guess I will have to deal with the slow weight loss. I do not like to exercise, I just have never had the motivation for it. terrible to say I know but I just dont , makes me sad, i need to find a way to like exercise so I might get motivated to do it more.

Good Morning bandersters with the WW twist !..Went to WW last night and I lost 2.8 lbs ! Yay me !. I have not been following the plan like I should and I have been lax in my walking but now I appear to be back in the saddle. I don't have much restriction so I plan on getting a fill on 3/9 (my next appointment). On 3/10 I am doing a 5K so I hope to be loosing like a winner again. My total loss is now 85 pounds (banded 7/7/11) so I feel good about the loss, I don't feel good about sliding back into my old ways (cookies, potato chips, ice cream) - No band and no WW can stop this it is just ME and ME alone---I do find myself getting hungry (stomach hungry or head hungry not sure which one) so maybe a slight adjustment will help. Hang in there troops, we are all in this together...Thanks for all the support and great e-mails on this thread, you have no idea how you touch a nerve and can get me back on track some days.....Thank you !!!!!

Melinda in Florida