Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Watchers Online: Support Thread

Hi! If I can figure this out..I would love to join the WW group. I was banded 7-14-2010, and recently joined WW at work. In the past

I have done many of the WW programs. I signed up again..hoping if I had some support...it would help. I finally feel some restriction

with the band. I wonder sometimes why that took so long. But, everything happens for a reason. I learned of lap band talk from one

of the girls at the support group. I am had one meeting at work so far. Being this Monday was a Holiday...the next till be on 7-11, by birthday.

Wondering ...how you find follwoing WW, with any restrictions of the band? With the band, told to stick to 3 meals a day..with maybe a snack.< /p>

Fruits not being with a band..but no pnts value for most. With certain band restrictions, I knew going into WW, I probably couldnt do all WW

wants you to do. Any advice?

HI banded714 . I was banded 2/24/11 and I harldly lost any weight. I stuck to the diet to a T!!!! I joined weight watchers 9 weeks ago and LOVE IT! I have lost 14.9lb since I joined and I am enjoying what I eat. I have pretty good restriction right now *finally* and love my choice to join! I like many others before me have said. fill my place with the allotted points. I start with Protein first and then move on to other things. My Doc/Nure Practictioner actually told me if I eat 1/2-3/4 cup food per meal if i am hungry i can still eat fruit as a snack. I average about 35 points a day and truley only eat about 20 of those. But I still count all the food most of the time. Some weeks I count 1 point for every bite that goes in my mouth!!! My team leader is awesome. She told me about that 1 point every bite and the first week I did it I ate all my points AND lost 3lbs that week. I know the main diet for bandsters is Atkins but I think living with Variety is what I need! I treat myself every week on weigh in day. I weigh and then for lunch or dinner I eat what ever I want! Even if its nachos or enchiladas or ice cream. of coarse with the band you cant eat very much of it so its not a sabotoge! Well good luck to you I hope you join and do great! Keep us posted.

Hey guys! I, too, recently re-joined Weight Watchers after seeing this thread! I have lost right at 60lbs and stalled completely out. I started a week ago and have had to adjust to taking in more food than before. But I've noticed since starting, I feel SO much better! I feel like my energy sustains better throughout the day and my stamina is much more consistent when I'm working out. I called my WLS doctor and talked to his nurse about my change. She said she did something similar (she's banded, too) to break through plateau. She says it's a really good way to make sure you're taking in healthy and smart foods. She was worried about how many points they've given me per day. The first three days, I realllllllyyyy struggled trying to get in all of my points but now I think I've gotten it under control. My weigh-in day is tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes! I'm not investing too much faith in the scale since I know this week, my band and body will be adjusting to these changes. Just thought I'd share. Any other suggestions you guys would like to add, feel free!

Wish me luck!

I joined weight watcher online on this past tuesday I love it I think it will work well with my new Lapband They also have a Phone app.

i love this thread i cant wait to get banded just to be part of it!!

Hi guys, my name's Leticia and I was banded on 2/18/10. I've lost 70 pounds but have been stalled for about 5 months, and it's very frustrating. I started doing weight watchers last week and have lost 1 pound so far. I'm hoping this will help me get back on track!

Hi All

I have not signed up for WW on line yet but was wondering if it can be done doing the WW meals that are sold in the freezer section in the supermarket?

I really dont cook.

Joe

Absolutely as far ad food goes, but you will need to sign up to get the info so you will know how many points plus you get. You will just need to be careful of how often you have those meals as the sodium content is higher. I can tell you that I have lost weight over and over by eating a lot of the frozen smart ones, lean cuisine, healthy choice meals as well as Soups but I do try to get those in lower sodium. I wish you much success. WW really is a good program.

Thanks Sassyfrass!

When I got my lapband back in 2005 I did well at one point back in 2006 going down to 267 lbs... I normally do Low Carb but not for very long

I tried WW but it was for only a very short time ( few weeks)..

After reading the threads I like to try it again. Seems like so many on here have had good results.

I do need to make a Dr's appt for blood work and fill.

Joe

So, I've noticed that the flex points that they give me every week leads me to get too carried away. I've been on the plan for roughly two months now and have lost 6 pounds. All weight loss is good weight loss. BUT! I feel like the extra points every week kinda make me go nuts when it comes to what I eat. So, I've made a conscious decision to just cut out the extra splurges until I get a better feel for my plan and get at least below 200! So, just keeping you guys updated and motivational words are ALWAYS welcome!

I rejoined WW just because I like the support at the weekly meetings. Since my band, I am not following the points at all, just tip for healthy receipes, foods, and eating.

Do most of you on WW stick with only eating the prepackaged WW meals and their foods or do you vary it- say Breakfast is on your own but lunch and dinner be a WW meal. Snacks? Suggestions welcome. To the ones that use the meals- do you coupon a lot at the grocery for the meals?

I find them to be costly- because I have my husband and son at home and cooking for them and then a meal for myself is expensive. But so far eating what I cook them is not working to my advantage- so I need some advice.

Thanks

Hi All...I cant tell you how super excited I am to see this forum. I was banded in 2010 and I have only lost a total of 30 pounds...which I have put back on :(. I just joined ww online and I want wait to keep up with this group. Its nice to know there is support out there. I also started taking Vitamins. I have been having a problem with taking pills. I found awesome vitamins that are isotonic (you mix with water) that are great. Found them at www.shopguido.com. Cool site, I am doing the multi Vitamin and the opc3(antiioxident) and www.weighwatchersonline.com. I am determined to be healthy and i think this is a great start. :rolleyes:

Subie66, I don't just do frozen meals. I find that its easier foe me to have them some days due to the time I get home after work/gym. Sometimes I have them for lunch. I just use them when I want them

I like lean Cuisine too, and some of the healthy choice ones also. If I don't have a frozen meal, I have most anything, but grilled chicken is a fave. I also make Taco Soup, chili or any of the recipes on WW boards. I usually make a big batch and separate out by portion sizes and freeze. Its great to just be able to pull something out of the freezer and microwave it in minutes. I do like to buy the individual frozen Green Giant veggies so when I need a veggie its right there. I like the frozen meals because it helps me control portion sizes.

I was banded 12/27/10 and started WW about a month ago (3/2011). I felt it was necessary because my doctor is pretty conservative when it comes to fills. I was feeling almost no restriction, and was having a pretty hard time staying on the wagon. I figured WW would give me some structure and control while I waited for my band to start doing it's job.

It's worked out great! Better than I expected, actually. Right now, I get 34 points a day and I'm able to stay within that easily- something that was a struggle for me in my pre-band days. I've got more restriction in my band these days, so I'm not always able to eat all my points. Here's how I've modified WW to fit my band;

-I stick to three meals a day. No snacking. The band helps with that.

-I serve myself (and track full points value) of a plate of healthy food- I love WW recipes!- but make a point to eat my Protein first, then my veggies, then my carbs. That way, if I run out of steam and can't finish, I've got the essentials covered.

I go to the meetings but, like others have mentioned, I don't mention that i'm banded..