Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Watchers Online: Support Thread

welcome spoiltmom glad to have ya i thing you will like the group. well to answer your question i do points im allowed 42pts however i dont eat that many. feel free to go back and read older posts and alot of your questions will be answered. and congradulations on your up coming date im so proud of you. im glad i got my band although i havent lost as much as i would have liked to im however have came a long way and with this band i will make it to that finish line. the best advice i can give is take it one day at a time. and know that we have all been there and we are here to support one another. and remember there will be good days and there will be bad ones just hang in there it does get better. lol.

Hi Everyone I'm new here and I'm getting banded August 6th!! In the past I did Weight Watchers and I loved it except that I was hungry all the time. I thought about trying it again with my band though.

Are you ladies counting points or doing Simply Filling? What is a typical day of eating like for you? I logged my food every day and I have 9 months worth of my daily menus written down but I'm thinking most of that stuff may not be LAP-BAND® friendly.

How are you all doing this??

Thanks!!

Amanda

Hey everyone! It's so great to see this thread is still alive and kicking. May I commend everyone for sticking to WW plan. It is a good one, however it was not one that I was able to move forward with. I simply do not have the time to keep up with writing everything down all day.

I need something much more practical and maybe with a bit more spontaneity. WW always left me frustrated because I had to look everything up and remember every little detail. Frustrated is not what I need because I easily fall off the wagon, so I just couldn't do it.

I am getting back to reality. I need a plan where I can keep the rules in my head and not stress so much on my "fun time" as in once a week I get to have a Breakfast of my choice, etc.

I'm not knocking WW either! I think its a really great plan, and it will work if you're the type that finds that sort of plan ideal. I wish it would work for me.

I am coming back to my healthy habit plans a little at a time. Sometimes we do fall far off the beaten path and for me, its better I take baby steps back. I do NOT want to crash again like I did before. I want to ease back into the correct way of thinking and make it my own again. I hope I'm making sense!

Best of luck to all you ladies. Stick with it, it sounds like it's a good plan for all of you. I'm super proud to see this thread lives on. :bolt:

Glad I'm not the only one who felt this way, I weaned myself off WW and for the simple reason that I just couldn't eat enough points for the day, then I would be reprimanded by the leader (we had a small group)...

Most on this thread know who i am since i've been on here for sometime. Today I decided to start something new and see iff it helps. ww is the only diet that ive tried that works for me. I have noticed alot of people are trying the low carb and doing great with that. I have decided to try it for two weeks and see how it goes. I love my group on here so if you guys don't mind I still want to post and here from you china and riversea and whoever else has joined since my last log in. I'm going to use the adkins book and give it a try. You have to eat no more than 20 grams net carbs for the fist two weeks. You can lose up to 15 pounds during those weeks its says so we will see. I started today and honestly wasn't hungry I guess cause all the Protein. I do have a headache though. Have any of you tried this diet before? welp if it has not helped during the two weeks i'm gonna do ww agian. Thanks guys hope your doing good.

I haven't tried it but my doctor "yelled" at me for not eating enough Protein last visit. I decided to cut down on how many carbs I eat and focus more on the protein. I'm still doing WW but I try to stay around 1200 calories as opposed to using all my points. Funny thing is, if I focus on the protein, I find I use a lot more filling foods and I'm not as hungry during the day.

You are so right about the Protein. I stayed at 1100 calories yesterday and had protein with no more than 20 carbs. I did not even think of being hungrey. I got some peperonni sticks at Walmart they are like cheese sticks but peperoni them things was so good. I had one for snack and it filled me up till supper. I had two very small pork chops one would probably count it as one it was so small. I had some pork rindes for snack. My husband made me an omlete with chhese sausage peppers onions for lunch. I guess its cause i was eating more protein less carbs. I didn't add vegtables yesterday because i didn't have the book yet and was unsure of what I could have but will add it in today or tomorrow. We will see when i weigh in tuesday though. So are u loving your band? I am very dissapointed in myself for not losing more than i have but it will eventully come off. Have good day.

I haven't tried it but my doctor "yelled" at me for not eating enough protein last visit. I decided to cut down on how many carbs I eat and focus more on the protein. I'm still doing WW but I try to stay around 1200 calories as opposed to using all my points. Funny thing is, if I focus on the protein, I find I use a lot more filling foods and I'm not as hungry during the day.

skinnygirl hey hun, to answer your question i really dont care what diet anyone uses as long as it works for them and we still give each other support. i think i want to try the formula 40-30-30 so i guess we all are doing different things. the one thing that im still gonna do is count the calories and watch what i eat just not as much. its also a low carb diet. and to rsliversea that Protein is so important. so you gotta get it in. how are you doing with it now. and for skinny girl dont beat ya self up so much its a learning process you will do better next time. lol we all are learning hell this band is a job thats for sure. nothing easy about it at all but, we can do it and will one lb at a time. love ya

Most on this thread know who i am since i've been on here for sometime. Today I decided to start something new and see iff it helps. ww is the only diet that ive tried that works for me. I have noticed alot of people are trying the low carb and doing great with that. I have decided to try it for two weeks and see how it goes. I love my group on here so if you guys don't mind I still want to post and here from you china and riversea and whoever else has joined since my last log in. I'm going to use the adkins book and give it a try. You have to eat no more than 20 grams net carbs for the fist two weeks. You can lose up to 15 pounds during those weeks its says so we will see. I started today and honestly wasn't hungry I guess cause all the protein. I do have a headache though. Have any of you tried this diet before? welp if it has not helped during the two weeks i'm gonna do ww agian. Thanks guys hope your doing good.
I haven't tried it but my doctor "yelled" at me for not eating enough protein last visit. I decided to cut down on how many carbs I eat and focus more on the protein. I'm still doing WW but I try to stay around 1200 calories as opposed to using all my points. Funny thing is, if I focus on the protein, I find I use a lot more filling foods and I'm not as hungry during the day.
You are so right about the protein. I stayed at 1100 calories yesterday and had protein with no more than 20 carbs. I did not even think of being hungrey. I got some peperonni sticks at Walmart they are like cheese sticks but peperoni them things was so good. I had one for snack and it filled me up till supper. I had two very small pork chops one would probably count it as one it was so small. I had some pork rindes for snack. My husband made me an omlete with chhese sausage peppers onions for lunch. I guess its cause i was eating more protein less carbs. I didn't add vegtables yesterday because i didn't have the book yet and was unsure of what I could have but will add it in today or tomorrow. We will see when i weigh in tuesday though. So are u loving your band? I am very dissapointed in myself for not losing more than i have but it will eventully come off. Have good day.

I haven't had a fill yet so I still get hungry, even with the Protein. But then again, I may not be getting enough. Prior to surgery, I actually kept track of how much I was getting. Since then I've focused more on how I eat as opposed to what I eat. I'm trying to change that now. My doctor refused to give me a fill since I had just gotten over being sick and he didn't want to make me more miserable. I have finally started getting back to eating around 1200 calories (or not using all my points). Being sick didn't help. All I could tolerate was my son's chocolate milk (low-fat at least) and WW ice cream. Then I had to get back into the swing of things. Took about a week but I'm doing it and I've cleared all the bad things out of the fridge again. Even better, we are going house hunting this weekend in MA so now I get to figure out how to eat on the road and watch myself while we're gone. yay

Whats 40 -30-30? I keep count of my calories and carbs. I have not went over 20 carbs during the phase 1 two weeks. Not over 1100 calories. I did get up and lose two pounds. I'm happy go lucky today. what are some low carb stuff you find healthy and like to eat china?

Rsliversea i think that was good deal not to give u a fill. sure wouldn't want to feel worse. Not sure about u guys but it is so much harder in the summer for me to eat right with all the parties and cookoutsd.skinnygirl hey hun, to answer your question i really dont care what diet anyone uses as long as it works for them and we still give each other support. i think i want to try the formula 40-30-30 so i guess we all are doing different things. the one thing that im still gonna do is count the calories and watch what i eat just not as much. its also a low carb diet. and to rsliversea that Protein is so important. so you gotta get it in. how are you doing with it now. and for skinny girl dont beat ya self up so much its a learning process you will do better next time. lol we all are learning hell this band is a job thats for sure. nothing easy about it at all but, we can do it and will one lb at a time. love ya

I haven't had a fill yet so I still get hungry, even with the protein. But then again, I may not be getting enough. Prior to surgery, I actually kept track of how much I was getting. Since then I've focused more on how I eat as opposed to what I eat. I'm trying to change that now. My doctor refused to give me a fill since I had just gotten over being sick and he didn't want to make me more miserable. I have finally started getting back to eating around 1200 calories (or not using all my points). Being sick didn't help. All I could tolerate was my son's chocolate milk (low-fat at least) and WW ice cream. Then I had to get back into the swing of things. Took about a week but I'm doing it and I've cleared all the bad things out of the fridge again. Even better, we are going house hunting this weekend in MA so now I get to figure out how to eat on the road and watch myself while we're gone. yay

ok it like the zone. like a chemical diet. it goes according to how much you weigh and how much you

excerise. they have a 21 day flush part and a regular part its for everyone even kids. i will give you an ideal for breakfast,lunch,din,snack

b-cheese omelette

1whole egg,1egg white,1oz lowf cheese, .50fresh grapefruit

lunch- deli meal2

6oz deli chicken salad, 1lg apple or pear

snack-4oz white or red wine,2oz cheese 50%rd fat

dinner- chicken ceasar salad

6oz lettuce,5.5oz cooked chic. breast sliced,2.5tbsp dressing,1tbsp parm cheese,1 apple,2/3c grapes and they tell you how to make the dressing also.

and for all of this is only 1257calories. without any excerise. my mom did it and lost 213lbs in 13months. so im starting on the 1st so i will let everyone know how it goes the first wk for me. and im so glad that the scale is moving for you now. it also has dessert that you can make.

Whats 40 -30-30? I keep count of my calories and carbs. I have not went over 20 carbs during the phase 1 two weeks. Not over 1100 calories. I did get up and lose two pounds. I'm happy go lucky today. what are some low carb stuff you find healthy and like to eat china?

Sounds good china might do that next if I have another stall. I woke up this morning and had went from 231 - 229. I am happy about that. If I can just keep it up cause I have been bouncing back and fourth from 220's to 2230s. I just wanna see the 10s I feel a break through coming on so I'm shooting for the stars girl. This band seems to be like doing it on my own sometime. I know it took time to put it on so it will take even longer to get it back off. I just get down when i see all these people losing almost 100 in the time I've lost 48 pounds. That is very disguraging to me. Trying to keep my head held hi though. glad u are here to cheer me on!

hey hun glad to hear the scale is moving that's some thing to shout about. lol so tell me what if any thing are you doing different other than the diet. me i think im gonna try and move more. think im gonna start walking the park and swimming. gonna hit that gym hard and drink more Water as i fell off with that water dats for sure. and i wasnt excerise n like is should so i gotta do it for sure im trying to drop a cloths size by sept. 4th so im gone let ya know how its going gonna come back next monday and see what i have lost if any. think im also gonna start drinking more shakes in the morning as that is when im most tight. and i think it's important for me to post or keep track of what is all going into my mouth so i will start back doing that gotta be more accoutable for whats going in dats for sure. and dont worry about the numbers as everyone loose different. i think you have did a good job.

Sounds good china might do that next if I have another stall. I woke up this morning and had went from 231 - 229. I am happy about that. If I can just keep it up cause I have been bouncing back and fourth from 220's to 2230s. I just wanna see the 10s I feel a break through coming on so I'm shooting for the stars girl. This band seems to be like doing it on my own sometime. I know it took time to put it on so it will take even longer to get it back off. I just get down when i see all these people losing almost 100 in the time I've lost 48 pounds. That is very disguraging to me. Trying to keep my head held hi though. glad u are here to cheer me on!

hey everyone hows it going im doing good. well today was an alright day could have been better but, its ok. well i walked the park today and i must say it wore we out. and i eat the following items today.

b-med. wild berry smoothie w/scoop of whey protein

l-personal pan cheese, onions pizza (eat the top)

d-4oz chicken breast marinated, .25oz snap peas.

s-sm. coff,2creams,4splendas

s2-1.5cup pinacolada juice

not to bad but, could of did without the pizza.

so it came to 1323 calories eaten

China Good going Girl! You walked at the park so u should have burned a good amount of calories. Your meals was pretty good. I walked for an hour on the treadmill today. I had cheese stick for Breakfast. I had 3 slices cut up bacon and Tomato with tablespoon of mayo. I probably will just have a cheese stick for supper. It is that time of the month and Have done good to keep anything down. But if I'm able to eat something I will. Thats all to report today have a good one.

hey everyone hows it going im doing good. well today was an alright day could have been better but, its ok. well i walked the park today and i must say it wore we out. and i eat the following items today.

b-med. wild berry smoothie w/scoop of whey protein

l-personal pan cheese,onions pizza (eat the top)

d-4oz chicken breast marinated, .25oz snap peas.

s-sm. coff,2creams,4splendas

s2-1.5cup pinacolada juice

not to bad but, could of did without the pizza.

so it came to 1323 calories eaten

Taking a break from WW until we get settled in our new place. We are currently looking to buy our first home and I don't have the money for WW (ok, maybe we do but I'm not pushing it just now). Still going to journal and try to get my exercise in (exercising has been keeping me sane).

Rsilversea from the looks of your weight tracker your doing awsome girl! I don't see anything wrong with taking a break from the expence plus we got your back girl. We will be your leader. LOL! Yes exercising keeps me sane to. It dose relive so much stress. I think u will be fine as long as you journal. I'm very proud of myself today. I lost two pounds this morning which is greated considering how bloated i am. I used the treadmill four an hour agian today. I had a cheese stick for breakfast. I had 6 slices of bacon with to tablespoon mayo and two slices of Tomato for lunch. I am having cabbage with onions, garlic,pepers and carrots cooked in the crock pot for supper. i think I will have one cup of that. H ave a good day guys.

Taking a break from WW until we get settled in our new place. We are currently looking to buy our first home and I don't have the money for WW (ok, maybe we do but I'm not pushing it just now). Still going to journal and try to get my exercise in (exercising has been keeping me sane).