Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Watchers Online: Support Thread

You can modify your points, take out the allowence points and exersice points. Spread your points out all during the day then you don't have them all at once. Have you found out if your insurance will pay for the surgery. most have to have six months diet before hand. It is a long process for this surgery.good luck if you chose lapband.

Curious is you can answer a few questions.

I have been doing WW since last year, did well in the beginning but now struggling. I am thinking about the Lap -Band.

How do you work WW after the band, because I think I would still like to do it. Do you follow the points still? Or is it to much food and you just eat less than WW says, but still follow it somewhat?

I mean I get 33 points per day right now, plus the 35. I think from what I have read it may be hard to get all those in due to the band and limited in what you can eat at once.

Thank You for your responses.

Guys i've done great this week but headed to Water park in morning hope I don't over eat at the park and I will be good to go. I'm thinking about taking sandwich meat and light pringles for lunch but not sure. have great weekend.

Thank God I found this thread! I have been banded for almost 2 yrs and have not lost a thing. My Doctor and the nutritionist I had was a joke. He was experienced at doing the lap band but he and the nutritionist had no idea what to do after that. I have been struggling and thinking I am a failure the whole time. I then talked to my rheumatologist and she told me that all the meds I am taking for my arthritis is keeping me from losing weight. So great now and additional hurdle to get over. I am wanting to start weight watcher but I am wondering what kind of adjustments do I need to do for this to work. I like the structure idea, which I never had... Any help would be appreciated.

Kim

hey all sorry i have been m.i.a my great anut passed she was 98 and we had to go to florida and it slipped my mind to post. but, im back now so i see we have alot of post so i will go back and reread and post also. so lets start here great job sweetie.:frown: im telling you go to the meat market and let them show you how much 60lbs of fat is and to your suprise you will have a very hard time lifting it yet you carried it around on you everyday. hell i was having a problem lifting 25lbs i saw oprah did that on her show and it is very inspiring thats for sure when you see all that fat. if your hungry more try eating more filling food or adding Protein in2 things and that should help some. and ya the brownies was great in my tony the tiger voice:biggrin: im so proud of you sending you a hug keep up the great work.

Yesterday was very hard for me I was hungey all day it felt like. Since the band is loosening back up I need to eat a little more calories at eaach meal. I'm still eating less than before the fill just hungrey more. The brownie and cookie sound pretty good plus you walked it off.I did love the weather I mowed the yard for the first time for my hubby. I did go down a little on the scale hit the 60 pound mark so I'm proud of myself! we are all doing great.

great job there rsilversea 4lbs wow thats great. the important thing is that you tried it and finished it the 5k walk. and you should be impressed thats 4lbs i bet you felt shocked when you got on that scale and it said that. keep up the good work.

skinnygirl pushing that 100lbs around is gonna help you out alot always remember inches turn into lbs.

Did the 5K walk this morning and have the blisters to prove it. I prefer riding my bike but the walk was interesting. Managed to lose almost 4 pounds this week according to WW. Call me impressed (and incredulous).
Didn't make it to the gym yesterday but went tonight and it kicked my butt! I really enjoyed going at that time rather than at 430 in the morning. Plus after being home with the kids all day it was pretty relaxing going to the gym for some me time. The summer is already flying by so quick me and the kids are having a great time. I think I'm going to sign them up for a summer reading program. wish me luck getting them to stop talking long enough to listen at the library. I feel so much better since I started working out agian. Sure hope it reflects on the scale next week. Have good night everyone I'm headed to the bed.
Hi everyone, my name is Sandy. I was just banded on June 4th, 2010. I have had very good success with WW in the past, but always gained it back for some reason or another. Usually it was due to pregnancy. lol. Can't get pregnant again and now that I have my band I'm hoping I will get a little help to get me along on this journey. I'm still not on solid food yet, but was wondering if I could do WW this soon after being banded or do I really need to wait?

China,So sorry about your aunt. i like your idea about the meat market gonna have to try that. Need to change my ticker cause as of this morning i gained two pounds since yesterday i think its Water weight from tom but still have to log it. had blast at Holiday World with The Fsmily we had 29 people that went pretty cool and we got tickets for $27 instead of 45. I am so tired and lazy today wish my hubby was home to help with kids so I could have a lazy day but hes not so booohoooo.

rsilverseas, its almost surgery day WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!

Rsilversea, GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SURGERY TOMORROW!

I'm having the LAP-BAND®. Actually I just got lucky. My MIL is coming down Sunday to take care of the family. Now I just hope the hubby can take care of the kid tomorrow. The way the kid's acting tonight, he can have him with blessing.

Thanks! Not looking forward to my IV.:unsure:

I have fallen off the wagon...I went to my motherinlaws thursday night had four white casles and some cheese fries then that night had a baby burger and five onion rings. Next day we went out to eat had some hashbrowns bacon sandwich went to holiday world had hamburger fries two bites of pizza. that night had cheese dip sandwich chips. the next day can't remember but i'm sure i did horrible. and up until this morning have done horrible. Had not been to the gym but started back today. I have gained three pounds so someone please yell at me. I can't remember the last time i had so much food and cant get a fill till 17 of july. Today i need to start all over. why is it we do so good then fall back into old habits. My problem is when i go somewhere i dont get to work out plus i tend to eat out. sometimes i get so tired of trying to lose weight all the time. How have all you guys been doing?

1st good luck with surgery rsilversea. and i see we got a few new ppl to the group just want to welcome you all. and now to skinnygirl ok you messed up and you recognize you have so now get up and brush yourself off and get back on track dont even sweat it. im doing ok but, could be doing better. i lost this wk but, have been drinking way to many bahama moma's so i dont know if i have gained or not will check 2morow. well next wk is my last wk at work till sept. and i cant wait i then will have more time to post. well i hope everyone is doing ok im prayin for everyone. well see everyone at the finish line.:)

I have fallen off the wagon...I went to my motherinlaws thursday night had four white casles and some cheese fries then that night had a baby burger and five onion rings. Next day we went out to eat had some hashbrowns bacon sandwich went to holiday world had hamburger fries two bites of pizza. that night had cheese dip sandwich chips. the next day can't remember but i'm sure i did horrible. and up until this morning have done horrible. Had not been to the gym but started back today. I have gained three pounds so someone please yell at me. I can't remember the last time i had so much food and cant get a fill till 17 of july. Today i need to start all over. why is it we do so good then fall back into old habits. My problem is when i go somewhere i dont get to work out plus i tend to eat out. sometimes i get so tired of trying to lose weight all the time. How have all you guys been doing?
Thanks! Not looking forward to my IV.:sigh:

Been outside on the waterslide with the kids all day and swimming and a bahama moma sounds real good. Off till sept cooooooool! your never gonna belive this but i got on the scale this morning and i wasd back at my weight no three pound gain. I guess it was Water weight from tom visiting but was begining to wonder. Thank goodness! No more fun for me for awhile I have to be good I'm so close to wearing my smaller clothes from last year. 27 more pounds and i will be at the weight I was before I broke my foot. It really does not feel like i'm getting anywhere since i was smaller a year ago. So i'm wishhing those pounds would be poof gone so I could start my real journy. Ithanks for the lecture chiana I needed a kick start. I think it is harder to lose weight in the summer for me all the cookouts and partys. The winter you can live on Soup. Have good day all.

1st good luck with surgery rsilversea. and i see we got a few new ppl to the group just want to welcome you all. and now to skinnygirl ok you messed up and you recognize you have so now get up and brush yourself off and get back on track dont even sweat it. im doing ok but, could be doing better. i lost this wk but, have been drinking way to many bahama moma's so i dont know if i have gained or not will check 2morow. well next wk is my last wk at work till sept. and i cant wait i then will have more time to post. well i hope everyone is doing ok im prayin for everyone. well see everyone at the finish line.:)

oh i so agree it is much harder to lose in the summer. but, i wanna swim more and as for that im gonna try and stay on track so i can get down to. and i luv to swim so we will see how that will work. well i didnt gain i stayed the same. however i had the most embar. thing happen yesterday i was going to go get on my bus and my pants fell down i just got those pants in april and they where buttoned i had to hurry up and grab them i feel happy about it but, not so happy that a co-worker saw it to.:thumbup:

Been outside on the waterslide with the kids all day and swimming and a bahama moma sounds real good. Off till sept cooooooool! your never gonna belive this but i got on the scale this morning and i wasd back at my weight no three pound gain. I guess it was Water weight from tom visiting but was begining to wonder. Thank goodness! No more fun for me for awhile I have to be good I'm so close to wearing my smaller clothes from last year. 27 more pounds and i will be at the weight I was before I broke my foot. It really does not feel like i'm getting anywhere since i was smaller a year ago. So i'm wishhing those pounds would be poof gone so I could start my real journy. Ithanks for the lecture chiana I needed a kick start. I think it is harder to lose weight in the summer for me all the cookouts and partys. The winter you can live on Soup. Have good day all.

I can't seem to get my head in the game. I'm at a stand stilll and not happy hope all you have good weekend

My head is still trying to deal with the liquids stage. I was so excited to go back to full liquids this morning that I gulped my first taste of Carnation Instant Breakfast. Had to remind myself to slow down. I went back to logging my points today (and also use FitDay). I'm not weighing myself for another 3 weeks just to let myself heal. I figure I'll lose weight due to the liquids stage but will start to gain some with mushies. I think I'm still swollen with IV liquids. My mom's wedding rings, which had been a little loose prior to surgery, are a smidge tight. I just keep a picture of a dress I want to wear to a wedding up on my computer screen to remind me where I want to be.

Rsilversea, sounds like your doing good. I wouldn't weigh either cause yep you are gonna hold Fluid for awhile. I had lost 21 pounds by my two weeks mark sure wish it was still coming off that fast. Yes i think i gained five back during mushy and solid stage but it came right back off quick. I put a skinny picture of me on my fridge he he!

These past couple of weeks have not went so good for me.I only let the dr give me 1cc when I should have gotten more so of course I'm loose already. The past week I have had so much to eat and the scales show it. I keep thinking I will snap out of it but its not that simple. have good day guys

My head is still trying to deal with the liquids stage. I was so excited to go back to full liquids this morning that I gulped my first taste of Carnation Instant Breakfast. Had to remind myself to slow down. I went back to logging my points today (and also use FitDay). I'm not weighing myself for another 3 weeks just to let myself heal. I figure I'll lose weight due to the liquids stage but will start to gain some with mushies. I think I'm still swollen with IV liquids. My mom's wedding rings, which had been a little loose prior to surgery, are a smidge tight. I just keep a picture of a dress I want to wear to a wedding up on my computer screen to remind me where I want to be.

hey everybody hows it going. im doing ok well 1 more day till im off for the summer i cant wait.:biggrin: now to rsilversea congradulations on the band your doing great. and yes dont weight it takes time for all that stuff to get out of your body. and fitday is good i use dailyplate.com.

skinnygirl dont worry hun if it makes you feel any better im not drinking Water or posting and eating what ever i have time for so you know that cant be good. but, im not gonna stress out about it im just gonna plan to get back on track and do better. remember it took time to get it and it will take time to get it off. i did go to the y and sign up for a trainer 2day. i havent got on the scale this wk as i didnt want to know and that be a reason to eat feel me. i have noticed that my band has opened up some but, when i eat i have to pb so im gonna go have it checked out cuz i had a chicken wing and it must have got caught and i thought i uped a lung and ever since i can eat alil but, it comes up. so we will see bout that to. well everyone im so proud of u all keep the post comin as its so helpin. talk to ya later.

I can't seem to get my head in the game. I'm at a stand stilll and not happy hope all you have good weekend
Rsilversea, sounds like your doing good. I wouldn't weigh either cause yep you are gonna hold Fluid for awhile. I had lost 21 pounds by my two weeks mark sure wish it was still coming off that fast. Yes i think i gained five back during mushy and solid stage but it came right back off quick. I put a skinny picture of me on my fridge he he!

These past couple of weeks have not went so good for me.I only let the dr give me 1cc when I should have gotten more so of course I'm loose already. The past week I have had so much to eat and the scales show it. I keep thinking I will snap out of it but its not that simple. have good day guys