Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Watchers Online: Support Thread

welcome missy0224 glad to have ya join the group. :thumbup: you should feel good that you noticed you have to get on track and your doing some thing about it. you lost it before and you will do it again. seeing your dr is a great step in the right direction. dont feel bad we all have gained and lost. the important thing is you get back up and start fresh. the band from what i see is not a mircle worker it only works if you work. so with that said lets work it honey :wink2: you and all of us let cross that finish line together. support is a good thing and it will also help you and ya man. as its cool when you have someone to do it with. im so glad your feeling ww its cool and most of all you dont feel depribed.

and to skinnygirl girl dont kids say the darnest things. :biggrin: and as i said before just cuz the scale doesnt move doesnt mean your not loseing. cuz nine out of ten your lossing inches and thats a great thing. so if your at a stand still spice it up and wathch the scale start back moving. i think im gonna go back to just weighing once a wk as i have gotten to addicted to the scale. well i did walk again today however i havent walked around 2x

s like i said each time but, im ok with just walking around one hell that is 3.25miles each time. some is better then none:tongue2:. well everyone have a great day i will post what i had later.

welcome missy0224, we would love to have you on our thread. Sorry you are having such a hard time with your band. Is it really that easy to gain the weight back after losing it with the help from your band. My dr give me the impression that the band would help me keep the weight off after I was at goal. but I read some of these posts and find its just as easy to gain weight with the band then without. I can lose the weight fine my problem is maintaining it. I do agree a visit to your dr is good idea my insurance paid for my surgery but i have to pay for all my fills which can get expensive. We are here to cheer you on so you go girl get your butt in gear!!

I got a fill today 1cc so im up to 5cc not sure how I feel yet as far as restriction. I had lost 7 pounds since going to the dr last so he was pleased. He told me i need to wait six weeks the next time before another fill since i lost a good amount of weight. I think I will be fine for longer though because with doing weight watchers I like to still be able to eat bread and things. I have my alotted amount of points most of the time I'm just like the rest though I do sqrew up. I had to take the twins with me to the dr they drove me crazy. i was in the office for an hour. I was so embarresed mason told this lady she was so big and I said well I'm big too he said not as big as her mom. then Laci asked this lady what happened to her legs because she had none. mason asked this man why is eye didn't open. 4 year olds will say anything, on the way home I tried to explain why that was rude of them. Before i got out of there I thought I was going to cry.I think when my husband gets home I'm going to go to the gym since i didn't get to this morning besides I need some me time. Have good day guys

Ok I'm so getting onto this thread. I've been following the WW points system the last 2 weeks and find it pretty easy to follow. I definately need a boost in weight loss with LAP-BAND®. I haven't been to my LAP-BAND® doctor in 3 years so I have no idea how my band is doing (I'm self pay) I'm finally going this Thursday and I'm so ready to find out what's wrong with my band. I initially lost 80 lbs and now am only 10 lbs less than I was before I got banded. I feel like a total failure and do not want to give up. I refuse to go back to the way I was. I met my fiance almost 2 years ago and the lbs slowly started creeping back and now here I am. He's lost 20 lbs due to finding out he has diabetes and cutting out the sodas. I feel very depressed about it and really need the motivation and help from you guys. :biggrin:

Hope everyone is having a good day! As you all know I got a fill yesterday which took me to 5cc. I had alot to do this morning so I didn't get to eat till just about 15 minutes ago. I had a turkey hot dog no bun ketchup and a few pringles. I was s o full just with the hotdog I had four chips put the rest up. Good thing I didn't get a bun it would have been to much. I feel perfectly satisfied so that must mean I have good restriction. I haven't had that since 3 months ago before they took all my Fluid out. It feels so good to let the band do some work and not totally depend on weight watchers to do all the work. :Dancing_biggrin:

I'm back! thought I would go ahead and post since we are going to moms tonight for dinner. having hamburger hot dogs and potatos corn. Well I probably can't eat that much but hey I like it that way. I have cook outs all the way till sunday.Me and the kids are going to stay with my mother in law frome wednsday til saturday. then next friday me and the kids are going to holiday world with my mother in law. I can do this I can do this. have to focus on the game plans so you guys going to have any fun over the weekend? Hope we all do great and stay with the plan. Wish you all luck

hey there glad to hear everthing is going good for you. im doing ok however it was a hard day for me i did have a brownie and a cookie then i walked the park two times today. but, other than that im doing ok. and no i dont have any plans for the weekend but, just enjoy the weather.

I'm back! thought I would go ahead and post since we are going to moms tonight for dinner. having hamburger hot dogs and potatos corn. Well I probably can't eat that much but hey I like it that way. I have cook outs all the way till sunday.Me and the kids are going to stay with my mother in law frome wednsday til saturday. then next friday me and the kids are going to holiday world with my mother in law. I can do this I can do this. have to focus on the game plans so you guys going to have any fun over the weekend? Hope we all do great and stay with the plan. Wish you all luck

Yesterday was very hard for me I was hungey all day it felt like. Since the band is loosening back up I need to eat a little more calories at eaach meal. I'm still eating less than before the fill just hungrey more. The brownie and cookie sound pretty good plus you walked it off.I did love the weather I mowed the yard for the first time for my hubby. I did go down a little on the scale hit the 60 pound mark so I'm proud of myself! we are all doing great.

hey there glad to hear everthing is going good for you. im doing ok however it was a hard day for me i did have a brownie and a cookie then i walked the park two times today. but, other than that im doing ok. and no i dont have any plans for the weekend but, just enjoy the weather.

Did the 5K walk this morning and have the blisters to prove it. I prefer riding my bike but the walk was interesting. Managed to lose almost 4 pounds this week according to WW. Call me impressed (and incredulous).

Rsilversea, that is great you are motivating me to do a 5k sometime in the future. 4 pounds is awsome you go girl! I am very impressed keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have lost one pound this week which puts me at 60 since being banded. I Still have till the fourth to lose 9 more pounds to meet my 4th july challenge goal. I had a very fun weekend with family. Me and the twins started our summer walks at the park this morning. I push them around one lap then they walk a little and get back in. I figure its good for me I'm pushing 100 pounds total. We didn't get at the park early so it was pretty hot. The kids were so good so they got to play for 30 minutes afterwards. Tonight back to the gym for me have been so buisy haven't went for a week. Have a good days guys.

Did the 5K walk this morning and have the blisters to prove it. I prefer riding my bike but the walk was interesting. Managed to lose almost 4 pounds this week according to WW. Call me impressed (and incredulous).

Didn't make it to the gym yesterday but went tonight and it kicked my butt! I really enjoyed going at that time rather than at 430 in the morning. Plus after being home with the kids all day it was pretty relaxing going to the gym for some me time. The summer is already flying by so quick me and the kids are having a great time. I think I'm going to sign them up for a summer reading program. wish me luck getting them to stop talking long enough to listen at the library. I feel so much better since I started working out agian. Sure hope it reflects on the scale next week. Have good night everyone I'm headed to the bed.

Hi everyone, my name is Sandy. I was just banded on June 4th, 2010. I have had very good success with WW in the past, but always gained it back for some reason or another. Usually it was due to pregnancy. lol. Can't get pregnant again and now that I have my band I'm hoping I will get a little help to get me along on this journey. I'm still not on solid food yet, but was wondering if I could do WW this soon after being banded or do I really need to wait?

I'm currently on my liquid pre-op diet and plan on still weighing in and going to meetings. What they don't know won't hurt them and the meetings are always helpful. During this time, I plan on following my doctor's orders rather than WW.

Sandy, I think starting ww while at this stage will help you get past what they call bandster hell. That is the stage your in or will soon be in. Before you get a fill you start to get so hungry or at tleast most of us do. I think it will really help you. if you can't get all your points in just get as close as you can. welcome to are little group! Congrats on your banding. Yes I understand The losing and gaining weight thing. remember to drink and get your Protein somehow cause that is a must at your stage.

Rsilversea, I never did a liquid preop but I'm sure that will kick start your weightloss. Plus it doesn't matter how you lose the weight as long as your staying healthy doing it. I want to mention the Protein Shakes mix at Walmart cause it is much better than the stuff your dr will try get you to buy and cheaper. I froze the choclate and it tasted just like wendys frosty. I dont like choclate really but it did taste pretty good and the vanila was good frozen as well. I only mix mine with milk and its better to let it get real cold. yep I would do that too. My dr would only let us have 1/2 cup three times day and snack in between. I lost 20 pounds right after surgery in two weeks so i'm sure you will lose tons starting the preop liquid ahead. He did strees our protein and Vitamins. I bet your getting very excited your surgery is next week good luck!

Hi everyone, my name is Sandy. I was just banded on June 4th, 2010. I have had very good success with WW in the past, but always gained it back for some reason or another. Usually it was due to pregnancy. lol. Can't get pregnant again and now that I have my band I'm hoping I will get a little help to get me along on this journey. I'm still not on solid food yet, but was wondering if I could do WW this soon after being banded or do I really need to wait?
I'm currently on my liquid pre-op diet and plan on still weighing in and going to meetings. What they don't know won't hurt them and the meetings are always helpful. During this time, I plan on following my doctor's orders rather than WW.

Excited isn't the word I would be using. I'm downright nervous but not about the surgery although I hate those huge IV needles. I'm nervous about leaving my husband and 2 year old alone. I'm sure they'll be fine but I have to line up Snacks, meals, clothes and make sure bills are paid before I go to the hospital. I have to stay overnight or my insurance won't pay it. My husband told me not to die on the operating table because he doesn't want to explain to my dad why I was there (I haven't and won't tell my Dad until I see him next time--don't want his crap).

Rsilversea, you will be fine my surgery took less than 30 minutes and I too stayed over night. My dr likes to watch you over night whcih actually made me feel safer. I'm sure your husband will take good care of your 2 year old. I left my hubby with 3 year old twins and a nine year old. That sounds like something my husband would say LOL! Be sure to buy some gas x strips before you go in I would keep about four packs on hand. I was not in any pain after surgery but the gas was horrible. Wish someone had told me to get some.

Oh yes and sugarfree popsicles they were my life savor he he.

Which band are you getting lap ap or realize? Surgery has its risks so everyone gets nervous. The morning of my surgery they called me in 3 hours early when i got to the hospital they called me straight back and before i knew it i was having surgery. I had never had something go that quick which was probably a good thing cause didn't have time to think about anything. I wish you all the luck and we will all be thinking of you.:thumbup:

Excited isn't the word I would be using. I'm downright nervous but not about the surgery although I hate those huge IV needles. I'm nervous about leaving my husband and 2 year old alone. I'm sure they'll be fine but I have to line up Snacks, meals, clothes and make sure bills are paid before I go to the hospital. I have to stay overnight or my insurance won't pay it. My husband told me not to die on the operating table because he doesn't want to explain to my dad why I was there (I haven't and won't tell my Dad until I see him next time--don't want his crap).

I'm having the Lap Band. Actually I just got lucky. My MIL is coming down Sunday to take care of the family. Now I just hope the hubby can take care of the kid tomorrow. The way the kid's acting tonight, he can have him with blessing.

Curious is you can answer a few questions.

I have been doing WW since last year, did well in the beginning but now struggling. I am thinking about the Lap -Band.

How do you work WW after the band, because I think I would still like to do it. Do you follow the points still? Or is it to much food and you just eat less than WW says, but still follow it somewhat?

I mean I get 33 points per day right now, plus the 35. I think from what I have read it may be hard to get all those in due to the band and limited in what you can eat at once.

Thank You for your responses.