Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Marchies

Glad to hear from you Gwen. I understand what you are saying. I have never lost like everyone else, but I still know that if I didn't have this band I would be bigger than I was when I started. I keep hold of that thought a lot. I know its not what I expected, but I still have lost some and for the most part have kept it off.

I know teenage girls are a real pain. I raised two of them.

Keep up the good work.

Carol

Thanks for your words. I have two girls also, but my 1st was not anything like my second. And they're 17 years apart in age.

It's times like this when hearing others stories and support I don't feel so alone. It's just that I can't understand her reasoining. She's so busy looking at the grass on the other side, she doesn't see how green her grass looks. She sent me an e-mail which made me out to be her educational failures. Even up to now, I'm not sure if she'll make her grade. She even accused me for a lack of discipline to her. Can you imagine that. For all I've done for her, with her, about her, because of her and I'm the cause of her failure.

Of course the boyfriend and her friends plays a huge part of our problems. Don't get the idea that shes a difficult child. Believe me for what we're going through some parents would call this a "walk in the park". She doesn't hang with a bad crowd, doesn't drink or smoke. And if any of her new friends are into that she cuts them lose. It's the curfew, chores and disrepect of of my authority is what's going on between us. She's 17 yrs and although she hasn't said it, I see it in her face the "famous look" of "I can't wait till I turn 18".

I can't wait either but I know that's about to be another set of issues. I love my child but right now I'm not liking her.

Well, thanks for reading my tale. I'm on my way to recovery so, when I vent and give another problem up to GOD, I usually can get on with my life. After all, she is a child of GOD. As to what I'm doing now. I'm feeling better already.

Now to just cut back on the carbs also and I should begin to drop those lbs once more. So now I've pushed meeting my goal weight to December,2009. And I agree with you. If it wasn't for the band, only Lord knows how much I would be weighing now. And if I don't meet my goal, believe me I'm comfortable and can be happy where I'm at. I'm a size 16w and 14w depending on the cut of the clothes. I can spend the rest of my life trying to lose those last pounds. I want to weight 175lbs. My lowest was 181lbs. To just get back to that.

Blessing to everyone and thanks for reading my vent. Went to the gym this morning and had oatmeal and fruits for Breakfast. So, how is everone doing?

Hi.

I know, I know. I've been gone. I hope I'm not forgotten though.

It's been a busy summer. I'm glad to see some of the regulars here and supporting each other.

Jeni, btw, you hair can be coming out because of the plastic surgery anesthesia...that's a spelling nightmare. But if your doc is on the stick, it will get figured out. Could be the thyroid too.

Gwen, I bought white pants this summer. I bought my last pair when I was in 6th grade. I think about you whenever I wear them. I might wear them tomorrow even.

I had my band loosened recently because I was causing myself vast amounts of problems having it super tight. I had reflux and PB's constantly. There was no eating after 7pm or before 11am. I was miserable.

However, now I can EAT. I only has .25 cc removed.

So I'm working on eating right. Some days are better than others. I still workout but I'm not training for anything no marathons, no big bike rides. Maybe something will pop up.

Glad you all are still here for me. I'll do my best to be here for you.

hi whitepants.

just know 17 is a "temporary condition"

everytime i read about someone's teenage daughter...i think "ouch...what i did to my poor mother". i really think aliens come down and possess us. i was a monster. so self centered and thought i knew it all. funny thing now...i'm 51 and wish my parents would come down and tell me what to do.

julie...i just had my band totally unfilled. i have had trouble eating from day 1 of being banded. while i needed to lose weight i was ok with dealing with it. i considered taking the band out but my doctor suggested this as a first step and i'm thrilled. i can finally eat again. and since i missed "good" food for the past 2 1/2 years...i seem to be staying away from junk. i keep saying if i gain any weight i have to put the fill back in and go back to the Protein shake world...which i dont want. i'm enjoying simple things like tuna fish.

mrs husker....you are in my prayers...what a great attitude you have. i think this is key for a great recovery which you are on the road.

jeni...sorry about your hair. every once in awhile this will happen and i double up on my Protein. this usually fixes it. i take the Protein Shots as a protein boost

have a great day everyone

Hi Everyone, josiebies, first thanks for your workds. I try to think it this is my mothers payback. And I too wish she would come and tell me what to do. But, since she can't, I'm on my own which makes me sad for I can't talk to her for advice.

Secondly, even when I over eat, I still weigh my foods. Sometimes that keep me from over eating, for I cut that portion in half. But, when it comes to the junk food, I try to stick to the serving allowance. Some time it works, sometimes it don't. Remeber, a food scale was one of the things we are told to get. So, if you haven't gotten it yet, invest in one. It doesn't have to be expensive. I hope you don't have to go the way of the drinks. You're one of the few who is losing without a fill. Continued Good Luck.

Juli, when you didn't write I thought you were on your bike somewhere. But, hope you're enjoying the summer just the same. And, not only can I get into my whitepants, they are becoming tad lose. That, band being too tight is no fun. When that happened to me, my band had collasped. That is an experience, that once you have you never want to revisit that. But glad you're doing better.

Ms Husker, we're here for you when you need to talk. With modern technology something will work for you. It sounds like your spirits are up more than down. I sure you have a lot of support from family and friends. That can be better than the medicine some times. I'm keeping you in my prayers.

Jeni, along with increasing your Protein, you may want to buy some Biotin tablets. It doesn't come in liquids. It's good for building up the hair roots.

Carol, at times when I'm not losing and I know I'm doing all the right things, I cut back on my portions or sometimes increase my portions for a week or two. The jump right back into weighing my foods and increasing my exercise. Or sometimes I don't exercise for a week or two. Then begin back again and the weight starts to come off. You'll need to figure out what it takes to break that cycle. We all have different means. Just need to figure which is ours.

It feels so good to be back logging. Glad you're all here for me and your support.

Have a great weekend. Prayers and Blessings to you All.

Hi All, just checking in. I first want to say my daughter and I had a wonderful day yesterday. A day we haven't had like in a long time. We went to a financial seminar, lunch at Red Lobster and shopping at Sephora Beauty Store. Of course this day costed me more than I had in mind, but I enjoyed every bit of it just the same.

I rec'd in the mail my referral to see the doctor. I need to see him for my regualr visit and I need a check on the Fluid in my band or get a fill. Yesterday, I ate the entire meal I had ordered. Now you know I should not of been able to do that. And I didn't even get sick. Although that was my only meal for the day. We had eaten at 12pm, so until 10pm last night I didn't eat anything else. And that was only because I wanted something to eat and not really hungry.

Well, I'm on off for a few days this week, so hope to have more days like yesterday with my daughter. Minus the eating.

How was your weekend? Prayers and Blessings to everyone in need this day.

just a little note.. the Iron pills are helping.. and the hair loss has decreased.. its still falling out but not as much...

and just for anyone who will bye traveling long distanes by plane be aware that the band will be on the tight side the first couple days after your trip..

i am in poland right now and lets just say the first three days here i didnt eat much because i was haveing heartburn and was having pb episodes.. which i havent had in ages!!! but im in the country and no acess to a band doctor that is close by... i was on mushies at first but now am back to solids..

Hi All, Hope you're doing well, if not fine. Right now I'm having a great time with my daughter, so my emotions are high and not stressed out by her.

My eating has not been much under control so I can't blame that on her. We've been sightseeing in the city so I'm eating out alot. And of course not controlling my portion size. I am keeping up with my exercises in the mornings, so I may balance out with the weight gain.

Jeni, hope by now you're feeling better. We all know, it's no fun being sick while on vacation.

Hope to hear great success or any ups and downs from everyone. Thanks for being here.

Hi Just Checking In. Haven't been doing to well with my portion size. I've also eaten way too much rice and Pasta. But, I have been going to the gym. So, I'm happy about that.

Hope you're doing better. Blessings and prayers to those who need them in whatever you're going through.

I haven't had trouble with my portion size, but I just crave sweet things. All I want to eat is sweets then I need to eat something that is not sweet. Its a terrible cycle to be in. The pool at the "Y" is closed this week and I'm missing. I just can't walk to far as my knees are soooo bad. I walk in the pool at what the call the river and its the only "Y" in our area that has one. Next week I think I will hit everyday, it makes my knees so much better.

Stick with it I know we can do this Whitepants.

Y

Hi All. Just checking in. I'm having trouble controlling my eating. I don't see the dotor till Sept. 8, to get another fill. I know this fill will help with my eating. I've gained back more weight than at any other time. I can't fit my new size clothes. It's a good thing I didn't give away my last size pants. For they are what I'm wearing again.

With the fall/winter coming I need to get back to size 16/14. For that is the size of my new clothes and I once again can wear suits rather than mix and match pieces.

This time I can't blame this out of control eating on my daugter. We've been getting along swell lately. Still the age appropriate issues, but I'm not letting them unset me much.

So hope you are doing better than me. And Jeni hope the rest of your trip you managed to feel better.

Blessings and prayers to all in your time of need.