Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2009 Mile Challenge

I am happy to report that I finished this month with 85.4 miles ran. Woot!Woot! It feels soooo good:-). Sounds like everyone else done just as good. I also increased my Protein for the past week to see if I could boost my loss but however for some reason, today all I could think of was something to eat. I HATE days like this. Tomorrow will be better....Congratulation to everyone who took the challege this month. Thumbs up!!

I will add more Protein to my diet and see if I am just as successful. My doctor pushes protein first at every meal. I'm in the habit of eating carbs first then protein. Old habits are hard to break. From now on my plate will have protein only for a while.

What Protein Drinks have you tried? I've tried several, but find it hard to stick to.

I like the slimfast low carb vanilla cream. I like the taste, it is 4 carbs, and has 20 protein grams. The calorie count per can is 180 calories. Some people like to find a lower calorie Protein Drink. But then you need to find one that you can tolerate the taste.

After two days of not walking ...this morning was so beautiful the allure of the road won out....I stretched the Achillee's heel and off I went. I did ease up a little on the speed and just enjoyed the walk...used my arms to speed up the ole heart rate.... So 3.1 miles can be added to my total. It felt tight but as I continued it loosened up some. Later this afternoon it was hurting again, so the dr. appointment will be kept.

If my adding is right here are my month's miles.

Goal 50 miles

Walked 53.6 miles Yea!!!!

Biked 17.95 miles

Ellipitical 4.0 miles

Swam 9 1/2 hours

Wow! who is this crazy woman! Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I could do this!

Thanks to all that are wishing me a speedy recovery.

Deb

I finished out the month with 180 miles on the exercise bike! It was a "photo-finish" but I still made my goal! Thanks everyone for being here!

I'm just home from the gym and finished up 100 miles for the month. Whew. It was a good effort that was ONLY accomplished by the encouragement of my online buddies here in this challenge.

Thank you for spurring me on!:biggrin:

Edited by Jenai

My total miles biked for the month was 71. That puts me at 11 miles over goal.

I'll wait a couple of days to give everyone a chance to post their August totals and then post the total miles achieved for august spreadsheet.

Jenai

Well I made my goal but as I sat around trying to find something on T.V. to watch....and there isn't anything, I thought well thats why I pay for a membership to a gym that is open 24/7....so I'm off to the gym, maybe I will get a little over goal! I'm a night owl anyway so it can't hurt. I will post miles later tonight.

My bad. 90.4 miles for month. I forgot, August has 31 days...duh.

Miles Achieved in August 2009 by Challenge Participants

Participant..................Method....................Miles Total

Willowcat....................Exercise Bike...........180

Openag............................................................100.4

Jenai..............................Elliptical...................100

Sparkles62...................Running......................90.4

DebbieGail...................Walking,Biking.........75.55

2911 Plans...................Exercise Bike.............71

Snereb27............................................................60

MrsNeener....................Elliptical....................42.3

Melinda_205...............Treadmill,Bike...........15.2

Jujuvee..........................Walking.......................15

LastOptionAtty...................................................10

..............................................................................759.85 Total Miles!!

Edited by Jenai

Wow! Congrats to everyone....Everyone feeling healthier? I know I am.

Dr. visit...amazing thing happened...My blood pressure is down from last visit 148/90 to a whopping 124/76. Whoo hoo! With my weight lost my dr. jumped up from looking at my records and had me get up and give her a high five! This is my new General Practioner that my lapband surgeon recommended. She is awesome! She acknowledge the fact I am over 100 lbs lost and then she asked me how I was feeling about that. She takes time to listen. Then she came down to business of my foot...She gave me some anti-flammatory cream to use on the foot because it is swollen.(she is aware of the lapband), then gave me a script for an exray...I'll know results probably Wednesday (because of the holiday. Told me to tape it and showed me where and gave me the okay to continue walking. She is suspecting a bone spur! The exrays will confirm and she will let me know what we will do from there.

Well one month down(August) and the rest of our lives to go but one month at a time on to September Mile Challenge. Off and walking!! Hope to see everyone there.

Deb

Wow! Congrats to everyone....Everyone feeling healthier? I know I am.

Dr. visit...amazing thing happened...My blood pressure is down from last visit 148/90 to a whopping 124/76. Whoo hoo! With my weight lost my dr. jumped up from looking at my records and had me get up and give her a high five! This is my new General Practioner that my lapband surgeon recommended. She is awesome! She acknowledge the fact I am over 100 lbs lost and then she asked me how I was feeling about that. She takes time to listen. Then she came down to business of my foot...She gave me some anti-flammatory cream to use on the foot because it is swollen.(she is aware of the lapband), then gave me a script for an exray...I'll know results probably Wednesday (because of the holiday. Told me to tape it and showed me where and gave me the okay to continue walking. She is suspecting a bone spur! The exrays will confirm and she will let me know what we will do from there.

Well one month down(August) and the rest of our lives to go but one month at a time on to September Mile Challenge. Off and walking!! Hope to see everyone there.

Deb

Deb thats wonderful to hear that your blood pressure has dropped so much. Are you on medication? If you are, did your doctor talk to you about taking la lower dosage or none at all? I have been on HBP meds for nearly 2 years. I would love to lose enough weight so that I no longer rely on the meds to control my BP.

I hope all goes well with the healing of your foot.