Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My followup is in the morning at 710am so Ill tell my dr as well but I have been up the last hour throwing up spit and burping. I was feeling nauseous so I tried to break up a pill I was given by dr and drank a part w/ some Water. Thats when the "fun" began. I cant fall back asleep b/c every 15 minutes I am having to throw up. All that is coming up is spit...Im feeling like crap! I did eat some baked salmon earlier this evening and ate too big a bite and felt like I was going to throw up but didnt..that was at 630pm........I really hope I havent caused my band to slip. I want to cry right now:( :laugh:

dont panic yet...... you may have just gotten something stuck and reallllllly irritated your band....dont assume the worst ....it just makes things worse.....Everyone has had one of those really super sticky stuck episodes ......I wouldnt panic until you have to .....

For me when I get something stuck, I slime until it goes down, slime is not throwing up just lot's of saliva that I can't swallow.

This happens when I take to big of a bite as well.

What you're experiencing sounds normal but let your doc know since you have a follow up this morning.

Sounds like you are "sliming" , this is what happens after your eyes start to Water or you possibly get the hiccups. When you get to this stage, You will always know what you're in for next. I am 18 months out I have 8.8cc in a 10cc band. Most likely it was that half of pill. We should be on chewable if possible. When you added the Fluid wiht your pill, it just starts the sliming process in your esophogus, if you have som meat tenderizeruse just a pinch if you can swallow with your slime and it will work on that half of pill. Don't drink anything it will always make it worse. As you progress, you will recognize what leads up to this and coach yourself to "just back away" from any table, food or anything digestable. Cause for us bandsters, this point, it is no longer digestable.. remember this. the Burping is called PB(productive burping) meaning sometimes it wil help clear what is in your throat, ut not all the time, sometimes the food particles will then cause you to do a full vomit. Salmon, has caused me some issues a couple of times, it has a tendency to slide down before youcan chew it as well as we should. Try and relax, maybe try some yoga "up facing dog" and overhead stretches with your arms, some times this may releive some of the pain. It will pass, just a matter of when. Good luck.. Make sure to make note of this in your food journal and issue to thinks about. Good luck to you, make your band work for your, dont' try and work around the band..:crying:

I've heard people swear by pineapple juice for things that get seriously stuck. I haven't had it happen yet, but keep a little can of it in my fridge just in case.

Hope your follow-up went well today.

I always have pineapple juice and papaya enzymes on hand. Both seem to help. I have had horrible slime episodes and the pineapple juice really seems to help. I also use the enzymes if I feel like I may have pushed it.

Everytime this has happened I have been eating too fast and not chewing like I should. You think after awhile I would get it, but no, it does happen occasionally and I find it best to be prepared.

I know that some people do get stuck and have swelling, etc. because it is really bad. If you are having a hard time, make sure and contact your doctors office - they should have the best advice.

Hope you are feeling better and made it through the night okay, let us know how the follow up visit went!

I hadn't heard the tip about pineapple juice before. Thanks for the info.

I did this same thing last weekend. I was eating lunch with all of my family and all the sudden got the hiccups, and something just didn't feel right; like the food was stuck at the bottom of my throat. I got up walked around because I didn't want to throw up. It felt like I was going to burp but since the good people on this forum have explained what sliming is and how it feels I knew I was not going to like this burp so I ran to the bathroom and experienced my first sliming episode. NOT PRETTY! I guess I just didn't chew my food enough and it wouldn't go down. Then a little while later we were traveling back to our home and I had to have my husband stop on the side of the highway same thing. It took me two days to feel normal again. My doctor just told me to go on liquids and soft food for a couple of days and then I was fine. But I know now, chew chew chew; cause it will not go down like it use to.

Hi everyone,

I told my dr and he said something probably got stuck. That was a horrible feeling! Yuck. I ate all mushies y'day just to be on the safe side. I hope my band didnt slip. I doubt it did but Im paranoid anyway. Lol. Thanks to all who responded:)

For me, pineapple juice has NEVER helped the food go down, but it DOES bring it back up. So long as it dislodges, I guess this is a good thing, but so far I have never been lucky enough to have pineapple juice allow the food to go down.