Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey,

I was just wondering how many of you went ahead and had a Tummy Tuck after you lost your weight? Did it hurt? DO you regret it?

Or are there some of you who feel like you worked out enough and don't need one?

I am just wondering if the majority of us will need a tummy tuck or if there is a possibility that with exercise I may not have to get more surgery. I know everyone is different , with how their skin is and their age and all that, but I am 30 years old and want to look my best and if that means getting a tummy tuck then so be it.

Thanks for anyone and everyones input!:smile2:

The only advice I can lay out is that you should wait a year or so after you've achieved goal weight to give your skin's elasticity the time to heal. Maybe it won't be so bad then.

When you are close to goal maybe you can try eating foods that are supposed to boost the elasticity of the skin, because not amount of sit ups will help.

I may have to enter the Tummy Tuck group myself and I'm not looking forward to it!:biggrin:

hi lovedinfl,

there are many factors that affect this decision. ie. age, amount of weight lost, etc. i did not want to have PS so i worked out like crazy while i was losing my weight. i wanted to avoid it at all costs.

after losing my weight, i still had alot of skin around my abdomen and decided to have a TT. since i was having surgery anyway...., i decided to have a breast lift too. i am thrilled that i did both.

the surgery was actually relatively easy. (i say relative considering i was under the knife for 8 hours)

losing4life brings up a good point about waiting a year. plus i recommend getting surgery after losing the weight you want to lose. i've seen a few people here jump the gun and get it when they still have weight to lose. and they need a second surgery.

there is a forum on here with alot of info on cosmetic surgery. also the website "www.makemeheal.com" has alot of info on it.

good luck with your band.

josie

I haven't yet but I'm going to! We may have to rob a bank but i'm getting things tightened and skin removed all over! (do they do an ear lobe tuck? LOL)

I haven't yet but I'm going to! We may have to rob a bank but i'm getting things tightened and skin removed all over! (do they do an ear lobe tuck? LOL)

earlobes, kneecaps, fingers...you name it, I need it.:lol: Make sure you let me know when this bank robbing is going on so I can get my cut.:thumbup:

earlobes, kneecaps, fingers...you name it, I need it.:lol: Make sure you let me know when this bank robbing is going on so I can get my cut.:thumbup:

get a cut? Woman you are going in with me!

get a cut? Woman you are going in with me!

Then we have to hit a BIG bank. I have a lot of work that needs to be done!:thumbup:

As others have stated...good to wait at least a year after you reach your goal. I reached goal in Oct, 2008 after losing 139lbs. I was SURE I would need some work. Now, don't think so. I am really surprised at how my breasts have firmed and also the tummy. We all carry weight differently...worth the wait to see how things turn out...you might be surprised! Good luck and hope no matter what you decide that you get the outcome you are looking for.

Hi:

I had my Tummy Tuck on 5/14/09. I am very glad that I had it. It feels like the icing on the cake to my weight loss journey. It is painful, but worth the pain. I was at a stable weight for the 9 months prior to surgery and am glad that I waited until then to have the tummy tuck.

Best wishes to you. I love my band and my new flat tummy. If you look at my profile page you'll see my b&a pics that show my tummy tuck too.

Take care.

Sue

I had a body lift 9 months after my lapband surgery, and less than 2 weeks after I got to goal. I didn't wait a year to have the body lift because I had loads of excess skin in my abdominal area, which was partly due to being overweight, but mostly to do with having 4 kids. That skin wasn't going anywhere, and waiting wouldn't have made any difference.

I am so glad I did it! It was not as painful as I thought it would be, and now I have the body I exercised like a dog for, but couldn't see under all that spare skin. I have in fact lost more weight since then (another 20lbs) but the skin is still nice and tight.

I did have areas that I held out hope would 'bounce back' on their own though. I had some bad batwings and excess skin on my inner thighs but didn't have those 'fixed' because they weren't stretched to all hell like my belly and lower back was. Those areas are actually inproving, with the batwings almost gone now.

So I think if you're lucky, you may not need it. But then again, you might. Or you may need it in some places but not others. Who knows? My best advice would be to keep an open mind about it.

Edited by lellow

Lellow, I miss your posting!!!! Congrats on losing 20 more pounds and on your subsiding batwings. Sounds like you are doing great. Are the scars fading yet? How about some new pictures....dressed or undressed. Keep up the good work.

Best wishes, Mimi

Lol Mimi! I've missed posting too and I've missed chatting with you and the other ladies but work is mad at the moment and I've just resumed my university study too so I don't always get a chance to get on here to post these days.

My scars are still pink but are nice and flat and it all looks as good as anything I could have expected. I did post new pics in my album about a month or so ago, but will try to get new ones soon.

How have you been, matey? Look at the ticker go down!

I had no idea how happy the ticker could make me until I finally understood how to put one up thanks to another poster the other day!!!

Post when you can and stay well.

Mimi