Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Better Late Than Never.

Just got off the phone with Hubby. Insurance FINALLY approved my surgery for next Monday. I'm kinda relieved, and then again, very nervous.

I've been on the pre-op diet since Friday. The weekend was bad, I was hungry all the time. Today doesn't seem so bad. I've lost about 7 pounds so far, I'm sure most of it is Water weight. I'm hoping the rest of the week goes by smoothly. I have my pre-op apt on Thursday.

I've been using my Fitday.com account every day. The food journal in it is really nice. I've also been tracking my weight and setting weight goals. I'm hoping I can meet them in a year.

Hope all of your insurances and pre-op diets go off without a hitch. Let me know if you also use Fitday.com and how well you like it. I'm curious.

Hi Liz!

My insurance finally came back this morning with an approval also, my surgery is on the 10th. I am suddenly feeling very nervous and scared and doubting my decision, even though I know deep down its for the best. Obviously I can't do this on my own! I am going to check out Fitday.com right now, thanks for the tip!:crying:

Lisa

Congratulations Liz!! We're being banded on the same day (we'll I'm hoping). I'm scheduled for that day, but have come down with a pretty bad cold. Seeing my PCP tomorrow and have my pre-op testing Thursday so hoping I'm better by then!! I wanted to tell you that the first three or four days of my pre-op diet were really hard, but that it's gotten MUCH easier since then. I'm on almost all liquids (5 slim fast shakes a day) and two cups of veggies. Just wanted to tell you that, for me at least, it's gotten a bit more easier to take. Hope it goes that way for you too!

Congrats again. So exciting!!

Hi Lisa & Jenny!

Yay! Congrats Lisa! I know exactly how you feel! It feels like we're standing at the edge of a cliff with a suspension bridge over to happy thin land and all we have to do is make the long slow journey over the bridge to that happy place, but its scary at the same time, and some days, especially at night, I feel like fleeing instead. Whew. But thats why we have this great site, and good support people in our lives, to help us make it across that bridge to happy thin land! I wish you the best of confidence and luck! Hoping all goes well with your surgery! Let me know what you think about that website, I've only been on it since Friday but I think its quite good for a free site. It does the things I need it to do to track my weight loss.

Jenny! We'll be band twins! yay! I hope that you start to feel better soon. Have you tried a sinus flush? I do that when I start to feel a cold coming on, and 75% of the time it knocks it out. Aks your PCP about it and see if he/she recommends it for you. I'm glad that there is a light at the end of this crazy pre-op diet tunnel. Today I'm not feeling so bad, which is nice. My dr. has me on 3 protien shakes a day, plus a small dinner which includes certain amounts of meat/starch/veggie. I'm averaging about 650-800 calories a day since I use the food log at fitday.com. To me that seems like a crazy limited amount, but I feel fine, no shaking or being sleepy. But I hope that everything goes well for you too and we will both be banded next Monday!! Good Luck!

Also,I've been visiting this site quite regularly, its a recipe library for lap-band. check it out pre-op and get some ideas for when your on your liquid post-op diets.

Lapband.com - LAP-BAND® Recipes: Browse, Rate & Share

Hi again Jenny and Liz - thank you both for the helpful websites, they both look great! It really helps having people to "talk" to that understand. I hope you both keep in touch and I will try not to bug you but would love to hear how you both are doing, since you are one week ahead of me. You must both be so excited, so soon for you! Jenny, I was reading your blog, you are going through some stuff right now, huh?? Hang in there, you sound like a strong woman. Did you find a better shake than Slim Fast yet? I am still reading up on them, haven't decided what to buy yet. My pre-op is strictly liquid.< /p>

Hey Girls,

I'm sooo glad to hear that everything has come through for you guys and that you're counting down the days !!

I started my pre-op yesterday and right now I AM DYING !!! OMG !!! I'm dragging myself around...I know its suppose to get better after day 4 or 5 but OMG am I hungry !!!! :thumbup:

I'm still waiting to hear about my approval...the surgical coordinator screwed up on my surgery date and submitted to the insurance based on Aug 17th instead of Aug 10th so she's trying to correct the date and Im waiting for a decision either today or tommorow but she's not picking up the phone ( AARGGGHHH!!!) I think it's the hunger making more mentally unstable right now !!!!

I hope to have good news soon ( keep the fingers crossed for me please !) :biggrin:

Hi! Former girl - That must be very mentally difficult to do your pre-op diet still waiting for approval! I am dreading starting mine but I see you all are doing it, so I can too...I will keep my fingers crossed for you on the approval, I bet you will hear back today. Keep bugging them, thats always my motto! Let us know.

Hi Ladies,

Not sure why I haven't gotten any emails saying that this thread was updated. I didn't even notice I had replies until now.

Lisa, lol no girl, I don't think you can ever bother me. Thats what these forums are for, support! I'm getting really anxious, its probably just the surgery part. Its kind of odd how fast I accepted the diet and now I'm not even that hungry anymore, yesterday I only ate about 650 calories for the whole day. I think my dr. allows about 800 or so with the 3 shakes and one small meal. I lost about 10 pounds so far since Friday, most of it is Water weight I am sure, but it still feels good to ese the scale's numbers go down.

Hi Jacquie. Your the same age as I am, I just turned 31 on the 7th of July. Hang in there! Mine started to disipate after 3 days and by the 4th day *yesterday* I hardly felt hungry or the need to eat much at all. Keep your mind occupied! Thats what I've been trying to do. YAY For you getting your approval! Thats great! I don't know whats up with insurance companies waiting till the last bloody second, but I'm glad it went through for you!

I must be crazy, my August is starting to get PACKED with schedules. I'm starting school again in the Fall, and Violin lessons. My son (he's 4), he'll be going back to preschool on the 24th and my classes start on the 17th. Oye! I sure hope I have time for everything, not sure why I do this to myself. eek! Wish me luck in keeping me sane!

Hey Liz!

there's more parallels than you think I also start up school again on Aug 24th, trying to finish up my masters by may if everything goes right ( fingers crossed!). Can you imagine how cool that would be to walk across that stage in my new sexy bod ?? ( LOL) :sad:

Cute cowboy graphic btw !!

I think I may be getting near that hump in the pre-op diet, today wasn't as quick kill me now bad, still hard but I think we're getting there. I'm using the LOSE it app on the iphone so it really helps in keeping track of my calories and so far today (4pm eastern) I've only taken in 500 so I might make it through this..( :biggrin: drama queen..i knw! LOL )

LOL Thats awesome Jacquie! Best of luck to you! Hope this semester isn't too incredibly stressful for you. The first time I graduated College I didn't want to walk cause the robe didn't fit me very well, this next time, I'm totally walking! And getting lots of pics! It'll be great and I hope you look fabulous!

LOL Thanks on the pic. Its a bandito, using the lap band as a lasso. I got bored and decided to tinker with photoshop. My skills are a bit rusty, I haven't used them in a month or so.

Very cool, I haven't heard of that app, course i don't have an iphone. I have had the same phone for about 4 years now. LOL I want to get the Google Android but T-mobile doesn't service the area where I am. We're hoping Sprint will soon carry a G1 or G2 device in the fall.

Hang in there! It got better for me, so I'm sending you all my good vibes in that it does the same for you.