Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 year since surgery

Hi I am new to the post and this discussion forum.

Just wondering if anyone else is having a hard time loosing weight. only lost 30 pounds and just wondering if you can give some meal plans that you use or what you eat on a daily basis. Thanks for your help

It makes me sad to hear about that. I am sorry you have not been as successful as you would like. Have you gone in for another fill or had the band checked for leakage? Are you able to consume the same amount of food? During my first year, I was stuck at a plateau for a couple of months (i wouldnt gain, but also wouldnt loose). When your body is used to the same diet and exercise it sometimes acts as if it is "content". Therefore, you need to change something... either about your workouts or eating habits. During the first year, I only ate about 850-900 calories per day. After that first year and first fill, I was able to bump my intake up to about 1,000. I still do not consume over 1,000 a day. Of course, this is differenet for all people (size, sex, etc...). Maybe take a couple of foods that you know may not be the best for you, and eliminate them from your diet. Or, instead of working out 30 mins a day, 3 days a week, bump it up to 45 mins a day, 4 days a week. You have to make a change in order for your body to realize "oh ya, i am not happy nor healthy this way"... My #1 peice of advice is to see your Dr. if you have not already. They should give you a barium drink that will show what your band looks like. If it is leaking, you definitely need a fill!!! Hope this helps!

I have only lost 32 lbs since Dec 2008

I am on dialysis and can not go as fast

I have a 1.5 fill after three fills

how many fills have you had and how much of a fill-

I hardly urinate anymore and that makes me different -

but the docs are all pleased with my lose

I am not as pleased

twirl

twirl, I think the 32 lbs is pretty good for 7 months- WAY TO GO! Keep up the hard work!

I do not urinate or "go potty" much anymore either. I started taking a nutritional supplement called juice Plus about 5 months ago and it has totally changed my life! I recommend this to ANY Lapband patient b/c it's so hard for us to consume the necessary nutrition.. www.bparkerjuiceplus.com

I've also only lost 40 pounds, and it will be 1 year in October. I'm not sure whats going on, or what i need to do differently ...

Help ??????????

I haven't been online for a while, but getting discourged due to I have only lost 40 pounds and it's been almost 18 months. I have been at the same weight since last Sept. I have tried jogging, going to the gym and now I got a bike. I walk every morning and I can only eat about 700 cal on a good day. I think my band is at 7.5cc in a 10cc band. I have finally learned I think how not to slime. I am off all meds and that is what counts, but I would like to lost another 30 pounds.

I haven't been online for a while, but getting discourged due to I have only lost 40 pounds and it's been almost 18 months. I have been at the same weight since last Sept. I have tried jogging, going to the gym and now I got a bike. I walk every morning and I can only eat about 700 cal on a good day. I think my band is at 7.5cc in a 10cc band. I have finally learned I think how not to slime. I am off all meds and that is what counts, but I would like to lost another 30 pounds.

You may not want to hear this, but you may still be a little too tight if you were having a lot of sliming issues. You may want to consider having a very small unfill, maybe .25cc. If you are exercising you may want to try to up your calorie intake maybe every third day up to 1000. Your metabolism may need to be shocked into firing up again.

If you were having sliming issues, what foods are typical for you to eat each day?

I will be one year on August 28, at that time I should be about 90# lost with 50 more to go. I am hoping to reach my goal by late winter or early spring. I am still losing about 6# a month.:)

I will be one year on August 28, at that time I should be about 90# lost with 50 more to go. I am hoping to reach my goal by late winter or early spring. I am still losing about 6# a month.:lol:

WOW- 6 lbs a month?? That is outstanding! Keep up the GREAT work!! :lol::)

Hi I am new to the post and this discussion forum.

Just wondering if anyone else is having a hard time loosing weight. only lost 30 pounds and just wondering if you can give some meal plans that you use or what you eat on a daily basis. Thanks for your help

What I eat varies, normally. In the morning I may eat a fried egg, because for some unknown reason, scrambled eggs don't work well for me. Many times I will get a Chick-fil-A chicken biscuit and eat 1/2 of it. I am a teacher and don't have much time for lunch, so I drink a Campbell's Soup at hand, and then a couple hours later I will eat a Protein added chewy bar. dinner is whatever we cook...spaghetti, pastalya, red Beans, grilled chicken, jambalaya, pork chops, pizza...I think you get the idea. Also, most days I drink my modified Starbucks drink. I have reduced the pumps of mocha and it has 220 calories and 17 grams of Protein in my venti drink. I consume at least 60 g of protein a day and consume normallly 1200-1500 calories per day.

Main point, I am not so restricted that there are a lot of foods that are off limits. I just eat a lot less of the foods than I used to.

I am in the same situation as most of you. I am coming up to my year surgiversary and I had to hoped to be down closer to my goal. I have 40lb's still to go. I have lost 50 so far. I have a slow leak I think in my port. I lose about 1/2 cc a month so I think that is manageable for now. I am having trouble right now keeping away from sweets. ARRAGGHHH I need to have someone self control I think. That is why I am trying to reconnect her now.

I eat a balanced diet of protien,fat and carbs. I do my best to stick with 3 1 cup meals a day. I do snack on occasion,have birthday cake at parties and still drink coffee. I do work out for at least an hour and that (becuase I do not have restriction yet) is what is keeping my pounds going down. Best of luck to you. IMO it does sound like you need an unfill a lil' bit though..

It will be a year since my surgery on the 13th. I too am a little disapointed in my weight loss. I've lost 54 pounds but have been stalled for the past 7 months. My doctor told me to eat more calories (I wasn't getting more that 700-800) and to make sure I get close to 100 grams of Protein a day. STILL no loss. Some days I can eat quite a lot, and other days everything gets stuck or comes back up.

I agree with the scrambled eggs tho---they just don't go down anymore!

I am depressed now, it will be 1 year on 8/26 for me and I have lost 52 pounds, I am soooooo stalled. I work out 1 hour EVERY day, and swim 3 days a week. I have followed all the rule, is there hope???

I'm one month away from a year and I'd be thrilled with 52. right now I'm under the 1 lb/week average..but hey, its pounds that are gone forever.

I had about a 12 week plateau but i stuck with it and finally broke through. Just keep up the day-to-day following of your program and you will get through.

And Celebrate your accomplishments!!! 52 lbs gone is great!!!