Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:cool2: I picked up the phone, how could I know?

The surgery clinic called me and said if it could be arranged, they would lilke to move my surgery to wednesday, July 29/09. UP from July 31/09. On the calendar, that is only two days, no biggie right? However, in my mind I don't think I was thinking about that. I hung up the phone smiling. Now I'm breathing really hard and trying to remember when I was cleared to make decisions for myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thoughts?

Words of wisdom?

Anything?

:thumbup:I want this so bad, but the scared out of my shorts part just kicked in big.

Thanx for letting me vent.

Having any surgery is scary. Just remember the surgery is very short. Only about 30 minutes. You will wake up in control of your weight for the first time ever. Be excited! Surgery day is the first day of your new life.

Okay, truth of the matter is that pretty much all these same feelings would have hit you in another day or two, so like your surgery they've just moved up a little. It will be here in no time at all. It's this HUGE step. Maybe you've never had surgery before (or at least not general anesthesia). These are all normal things to be nervous about. Do me a big favor?? This weekend, go out and do something fun. Go to a state park and enjoy the beauty. Go swimming. Go shopping (not something I enjoy but it may be a favorite pasttime for you). The main thing is to RELAX. We all had our moments pre-op and we all got through it. Would it help to know what my surgery day was like?

I arrived at the surgery center and waited in the lobby for a little bit since they were running just a little behind. Then they took me back, had me undress and put on a surgical gown, some socks to keep my feet warm and gave me one of those paper hairnet things to put on before we went to the operating room. The nicest nurse on the planet came to put the EKG stuff on my chest and start the IV. She numbed my hand with a little lidocaine and then slid the IV needle in. She chatted with me about nothing in particular. Then the anesthesiologist came and introduced himself to me and asked if I had any questions. He was really nice, too. Then the really nice nurse came back and we walked to the operating room. I sat down on the operating table....surprise! it was heated! The operating room is cold (germ control) so that warm table felt good. I lay down with my left arm on a support (the arm with the IV). They gave me a warm blanket to snuggle in. The anesthesiologist came in and said "hi, again!" Then he said he would be giving me something to relax me .... and I remember absolutely nothing else at all until I woke up in recovery! Gee! All that worry for nothing. The really nice nurse came back and took the IV out and gave me a cup of Water. Asked me if I wanted to go ahead and get dressed. She went and got my brother-in-law who came in and sat down. Then she asked if I would like to try standing up...and I did, with no problem. So my brother-in-law went to get his truck and bring it to the door. And the really nice nurse walked me out to the truck. She hugged me and said she knew I'd do fine but to call my doctor if I had any questions about anything. And I slept the hour it took to drive home.

All in all, it was very, very anti-climactic. And I'm sure that while you are nervous now, your experience will be similar enough that you too will wonder why you got so worked up, LOL.

It's normal to be nervous! I don't even have a surgery date yet and when I think about it, I start to freak out a little too. It's scary and exciting all at the same time. By the 31st it will be done and you'll be recovering. That's awesome! Congrats and let us know how it goes!

Thanx all. I'm much calmer now. hahaha...my husband isn't sure what to do with me, so he chose to take me garage saling. I spend a bit of money and relax a bit.

I"m much calmer now, but will no doubt panic a bit the morning of.

I have wanted this for so long. I"ve tried every diet in the book. Slim fast, Susan Powter, etc. I"ve tried exercise combined with diet. I've toned and I've actually accomplished a lot. And then I started to experience fractures in my feet. I'd be walking/running/ standing etc and a bone would break. 4 in less than 5 years. We found out my bones are great, but my ligaments suck. So I sat out of fear of breaking something again and I grew. Not intellectually, but posteriorly.

Since the fractures, all the workouts I tried caused so much physical pain I had to stop. Of course that lead to eating again and more self loathing.

So on Wednesday, scared or otherwise, I will be there. And, when I wake up(Ihope), I will smile an know I took the biggest step of my life.

I can't wait.

Thanx for your wonderful words and thanx for letting me vent.

Sheri:tongue:

I was banded just a few days ago, the 21st. I stayed overnight because my insurance required it. I am 60 and I'm doing just great. I'm sure you will also. Just follow the rules, and enjoy knowing that you now have a lifetime tool that will enable you to lose your weight and to be able to maintain that weight loss once and for all. We are going to be able to go shopping for I call normal clothes, more energy, more self confidence, off meds if you are on them. Enjoy your new adventure in life.

I really can't wait. I just shake when I say it...Congrats on your surgery.

Freedom, congrats and happy healing!!!

Sheri

:tongue2: I picked up the phone, how could I know?

The surgery clinic called me and said if it could be arranged, they would lilke to move my surgery to wednesday, July 29/09. UP from July 31/09. On the calendar, that is only two days, no biggie right? However, in my mind I don't think I was thinking about that. I hung up the phone smiling. Now I'm breathing really hard and trying to remember when I was cleared to make decisions for myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thoughts?

Words of wisdom?

Anything?

:thumbup:I want this so bad, but the scared out of my shorts part just kicked in big.

Thanx for letting me vent.

I'm with you! My surgery is right after yours! 7-31-09. Remember this is a good thing! Here on Lapbt.com we have lots of support. I'll touch bass with you. Its like we're doing it together.:biggrin:

Rach

weight 340

goal -anything is better than this! no really goal is at least 170. I'm 5'10

You'll do great!

Little2be, how excited you must be.

Rachnesa, I was 374 lbs when I started my pre op and lost 30 lbs, I was banded at 344 lbs in (same as you)

Since my surgery day March 24th I have lost 54lbs and I haven't even needed a fill yet!!!