Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyone with chronic constipation? TMI ALERT

Okay, I was banded on 7-15-09 and I already suffer from chronic Constipation. I know that this surgery can cause constipation and my surgeons advice is MOM. Well, I tried this and it made me vomit. Not going there again. I've seen some people say that they use benefiber and it helps. Did any of you suffer prior to surgery with this condition? Just wondering, today is the first day I've been able to "go" since the Saturday before surgery and even that was laxative induced. Thanks for the help. Sorry for the gross specifics:eek:

Thanks, I have some here and will try it (once I ok it with Dr. V)!!

I use Benefiber with great success! :thumbup:

Sally

Banded 6/17/09

I am a laxative addict , i did not go to the bathroom without it prior and no do i post , i take laxative twice a week and thats the only time i can go. I have always been unable to go to the bathroom on my own.

Surgery and pain meds can cause some serious problems with pooping. Drink tons of Water, Mirlax is a nice non addictive laxitive that is very easy on your new pouch.

Also, dried apricots and plums on a regular basis throughout the day will help tremendously.

Lots and lots of water is a must as well.

Good Luck

Hi Allison,

I too had the same issues after surgery and after the third day of no BM I started adding Benefiber to whatever I may have for the day. There is no difference in taste of what its added to and it works GREAT!!! Hope this helps.

If none of these other suggestions work, I have one that may. My aunt's oncologist told her to do this when she was battling chronic Constipation. Take vaseline and form it into a tiny pea sized ball. Roll it in sugar (to make it palatable) and freeze. When you are having issues, just swallow a ball. Guess it helps lube everything up :thumbup: