Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?Birthers? ? Patriots or Racists?

?Birthers? ? Patriots or Racists?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. ?Birthers? ? Patriots or Racists?

• Patriots
    • Racists

Wow, y'all are really into this gaming thing! lol And people tease me for being into WoW.

Now about this Illuminati, what is it, and why are they running our country? :biggrin:

I don't know about gaming - but I love Bones - don't think I have ever missed an episode

This turned into an hilarious thread!

Nice try kartman.

For some reason nobody wants to really discuss

'birthers" or those crazy nuts who think they are the "chosen" and live in a house in Washington and try to run the country.

And I didn't hear about it on Maddow or Olbermann's shows. There is a book out and I saw the guy interviewed and of course it was brought up when people started noticing that some of the guys who are such vocal family and church advocates, in one case a governor and the other two in Congress, have been caught in torrid affairs.

And while I agree that Maddow and Olbermann are obviously left leaning (in Olbermann's case, very left) they do not in any way compare to the present day Rush Limbaugh.

Rush used to be like his left-leaning counterparts, but these days he doesn't make outlandish suggestions, he outright manipulates the truth and lies. If all Americans who listen to him took him to be an "entertainer" as someone suggested, I wouldn't have a problem with him. But he states things as fact (that are not true) and lots of people believe him. I believe he is quite dangerous. Far from funny!

I prefer to get news from journalists rather than entertainers. There is a time and a place for extremely biased commentators, but I try not to get too much from them. I do like to hear people’s opinions though, especially when the host brings in both sides and gives the audience a fair shot at participating. My favorite in this arena right now is Pete Dominick, he is a stand up comedian that has really impressed me with his political sensibilities. I find him to be a little left of center, but not so far that that he drives me crazy. What I like about him is that even though he is mostly left of center, he has an open mind about issues on the right and gives them a fair shot at defending their positions. Pete has a 2-3 hour show on P.O.T.U.S. in the afternoon and has stated popping up on some of the Cable News stations. He also warms up the crowd on the Colbert Report.

I guess I figure if the world has Rush Limbaugh and that ass on Fox who cries and whines, we need a counter balance. Maddow and Olbermann seem to fill that bill.

Thanks for the info on Dominick.

Rush used to be like his left-leaning counterparts, but these days he doesn't make outlandish suggestions, he outright manipulates the truth and lies. If all Americans who listen to him took him to be an "entertainer" as someone suggested, I wouldn't have a problem with him. But he states things as fact (that are not true) and lots of people believe him. I believe he is quite dangerous. Far from funny!

In case you didn't get BJean's subtle hint, right wingers are evil.

Nope not subtle at all. Very straight forward thank you very much.

Rush = dangerous. Obama = president.

Remember you had the reins for 8 frickin years and look what your people gave us. Look what they did to this country! Hell, just think about how many lives have been lost. Think about how many incredibly wealthy folks became thousands more incredibly wealthier folks - on the broken backs of hard working Americans.

You need to stand back and give other people a chance. If it goes into the can, you can say I told you so. But right now is just too early to say I told you so. Because you don't have a clue what's going to happen.

I absolutely do not understand why people seem to think that if any of us agree with any of the Democrats plans or the president's suggestions, we think of him as the "savior". That is incredibly infantile.

There are millions of Americans who need and want change and are willing to do whatever it takes. Obama just happened to be at the right place at the right time.

Well Hell I think both sides are dangerous - let's let Plain have a reign!

Remember you had the reins for 8 frickin years and look what your people gave us.

I guess I can literally not say this enough, but I'm not a republican. I'm a registered independant. Unlike you, who tows the party line, every time.....most times verbatim.

If it goes into the can, you can say I told you so.

Well, here is where we differ. I don't care about being right. If it "all goes into the can", there will be very little satisfaction in saying "I told you so".

Well Hell I think both sides are dangerous - let's let Plain have a reign!

Apparently, I had the reigns for 8 years? Why wasn't I notified of this? Dammit.

Yeah!! The reign in Spain stays mainly on the plain.

Well, not so much reign as "bridle & bit", but I digress....