Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I joined this forum because like everyone else here, I also have had the lap band surgery, to be more specific I had the Realize band placed on June 15th. I have now posted a few questions about things I have had concerns about yet, I still wait for anyone here to help me with any of my questions. I'm NOT asking questions that could not be answered, just general questions.

My whole life I have been overweight and faced ridicule face to face, I really thought in this medium and given the fact that everyone else who is in this forum faces the same challenges would be a little more helpful and friendly.

To be honest I feel like I have the plague. So on that note, I will leave this forum because obviously even on here there's cliques and if one is not a part of the clique then they are an outcast!:cursing:

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I haven't been banded yet but I've found the site very helpful on getting answers to questions. If you send me your questions I could try and answer with the knowledge i've gained on the site.

I don't know how to find your questions so try asking again and I will try to help you.

Cathy

Edited by Taninivver

your only question that i can see on your previous posts is about a fill that is time stamped this morning.

really i think your jumping the gun - many post in the evenings & wkends.....no reason to sell yourself short here.

your only question that i can see on your previous posts is about a fill that is time stamped this morning.

really i think your jumping the gun - many post in the evenings & wkends.....no reason to sell yourself short here.

agreed! Im not part of any clique but I dont feel like I dont fit in either. Overweight, lapband.. dont know how I wouldnt fit in.

Are you this drama filled IRL? Do you expect total strangers to drop everything immediately and answer your queries ASAP? Might explain why people leave you alone.

Not counting the complaint in this thread you posted 4 times and 3 times people replied within hours. The fourth time you didn't ask anything so no one replied.

The windmill's thattaway, Don Quixote.

agreed! Im not part of any clique but I dont feel like I dont fit in either. Overweight, lapband.. dont know how I wouldnt fit in.

ya know - i felt the same way too early on, but since i didnt' share this surgery w/anyone other than my husband (who is also banded) .. i needed this site to assist w/the daily living w/the band - something my surgeon really couldn't help me with.

so - i just barged into threads that i was interested in or was looking for identical info.....really didn't care who i annoyed (or still do) this is the net.....not going out to drinks w/you - but would like some input or offer my story/advice if asked.

along the way - some, me included have made real life friends ... can't be helped, when you participate in the same few threads for a yr+ w/the same individuals. you develope a kinship.

i'd work this place to your advantage as best as possible.

Are you this drama filled IRL? Do you expect total strangers to drop everything immediately and answer your queries ASAP? Might explain why people leave you alone.

Not counting the complaint in this thread you posted 4 times and 3 times people replied within hours. The fourth time you didn't ask anything so no one replied.

The windmill's thattaway, Don Quixote.

Hahahaha! That's what I was thinking too :confused::cursing:

Uh...yeah.....what THEY said.

You're right....she posted once in Feb, then 4 times today......

We're all happy to help, BUT.....ya gotta be a little patient, ok?

Calm down, relax, come back, and we'll give you answers you need.

or not.

It's up to you, cupcake.

:cursing:

HH

People are judging you because your overweight? That may be a problem in real life, but they can't even see you here, this is the internet : / Not to mention, almost everyone in this forum, struggles with their weight in some way, whether they have lost it or not. I think you need to step back and breath.

If anything, if your miffed about not getting instant answers to your questions, just use the search feature. This is weight loss surgery/health forum. People will ask the same questions you are asking, probably many times over.

hi newleaseonlife,

i really know how you feel. when i was banded i continually posted and was ignored.....

but i continued to use the site to gather information. i rarely posted but read alot.

i have done well with the band based on alot i have read here.

now...i try to share my experience with people.

so dont give up totally...this site has alot of useful information.

josie

...and i might add that i ignore the people that are rude and dont allow you to have your own opinions or express yourself.

Holy drama, Batman!

I think you might want to look inside yourself to determine what this post is REALLY about.

You've made five posts to the forum. All have received responses. The only post with few responses was made mere hours before this temper tantrum.

Not everyone is in the same time zone. Not everyone is online at the time you are. Not everyone knows the answer to every question.

The fact that you did not immediately receive what you asked is not evidence of a conspiracy against you. It does not demonstrate an impenetrable cliquishness on the board.

It just means that people haven't gotten to your question yet.

Now, why would you want to reduce the chances that you'll be responded to with this kind of infantile nonsense? Flounce from the forum if you will--but as my mother would say, you're cutting off your nose to spite your face.

New,

Often times I find the answer to my question before I even need to post it. Just take your time to review the boards and just jump in. Give it time.

We are all in the same boat and have similar issues.

:smile:

I agree with maryrose. There are thousands upon thousands of threads in this forum....if you take the time to look around and just read, 9 times out of 10 you will find the awnser to any question you might have.

I'm not banded yet either and had some q's about the whole life style changes (cuz lets face it, that is what living with the lapband with be) and instead of posting all the questions I had, I would read. Spending hours on here reading during my free time, just to be sure this is what I wanted and I have found awnsers, both good and bad to the questions I had.

Another thing I have learned about this forum is that the people here are VERY honest about their experiances and their opinions and unfortunatly since you didn't give it time, you are probably in for alot of harsh words that you won't want to hear but if you relax and just obserive and take all the info in....I think and hope you will find that this forum is a wonderful source and very helpful.

No body can see you over the internet, their for you are judged hear by what you post. I honestly dont think there are cliques here, just some people are more out going than others. So just obserive and take in all the info. That is what I do and I have learned soooo much.

I really hope you give this forum another chance.