Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

confess you lap band sin

ROFLMAO! Since she put it in "" quotes and since the rest of her post was pretty nice....but I did make that connection and it made me laugh! :thumbdown:

I've been called many things but never a tool...yet! :biggrin:

There's always time, though! :crying:

luluc I'm not shocked you have crazed friends LOL :thumbdown: :biggrin:

hey now!!! - HA!!

honestly - this banding is one of the very few things i have taken seriously. i'm told i'm very lax, which is why i'm less concerned with how someone loses weight here, what plan their on - rather that they get the desired results.

Personally I think it's just food, not murder, not pedophilia, not stealing. I don't think of food as being a sin. I think that all ties in with the "fat people are lazy and dumb and have character flaws" mentality. it's just food. I'm past having to feel guilty if I eat a cookie. Because I have the lap band and my "relationship" with food is different. I don't count or weigh or fret. I'm just eating normally and I'm fine. My thin friends don't say "OH I SINNED yesterday". Don't mean to be pompous, but I think that for many of us, food is too darned important. This just adds to it. It's fuel. It's not a moral dilemma. Ok off my soap box and on to my first 16 oz of Water today.

I get what your saying and you are right but sometimes you just have to vent and get things off of you chest. I know you said that you are now past feeling guilty which is great i can't wait to get to the point that I don't feel guilty but some of us just take longer to get to that point. We didn't get fat overnight we arn't going to break all of our emotional habbits overnight. Oh and i do have thin friends that are like "OH my god i eat one twizzler today i could just die" LOL. Thanks for your post i alway love to read everyones take on things

I will be banded 7/24, went to the dr today for last appt and instructions pre-op. Lost 12lbs and I was thrilled! So for a reward went to Panera's for an apple, chicken salad. Good right? Then to reward myself some more I had a mini bundt upsidedown pineapple cake. It was 4pm needless to say that around 9pm I was hungry again so I had a cucumber sandwich. Yep I was a bad girl....tomorrow will be a day of just Protein Shakes.

I eat dessert once or twice a week. Reese's Peanut Butter cups, ice cream, apple strudel, whatever. I'll have a few drinks once a week or so too.

Life's too short to not enjoy yourself occasionally. If my weight loss is slower than it otherwise would been then that's fine. Still losing, still feeling great.

This is not a diet, this is me for the rest of my life. I have no intention or desire to not enjoy myself.

Restless, I thought she was calling YOU a tool...in the not so nice sense at first!! LOL!

Oh NO! I wasn't but I am sure by now youhave figured out what i was saying...my heart dropped when I read this I guess the proper word would be "excellent source of info and tuff love to all of us" :thumbdown: