Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone,

My name is Darce. I am from Connecticut. Was banding on 8/6 in Norwalk, CT by Dr. Floch. Highest weighing in at 209 with being a whole whopping 5 feet tall. Been overweight all of my life, though since having my son almost 7 years ago, I haven't been able to get under 190 pounds, and adding my daughter 4 years later, it has gotten even harder. I am 30 years old, an ESL teacher and aspiring administrator. I had my surgery 1 week ago this Thursday, and my husband will be joining us August Bandits, this Thursday Aug. 13. We are hoping that doing it together will work even more miracles for us, and help us teach our kids are newly forming good hapits!:(

Well, that's me in a nutshell!

Looking forward to getting to know you all better, and share the journey!

Darce

Hi everyone!

What an interesting and diverse group we have.:(

I'm Elsie and am married to dh J. He doesn't like the internet so I joined for him, because he needs moral support. I read all your interesting stories and tell him about y'all. He actually sat and read some of this site on his own, wow!

DH was banded Aug 17 2009.

We are in the DFW metroplex of Texas.

Glad to be here!

Hey darce, my name is Elisha. I live in New London CT I just wanted to say hi! I dont see many people from CT here.well take care!

I just now found this sub-forum. My name is Dawn and I was banded on Aug. 21st. I have three boys and a wondeful DH. I actually grew up thin, and played every sport there was. Now at age 30 and three kids later I've slacked on the working out, and began eating more and more. I've been obese for around 6 years (after a divorce). I'm ready to get this weight off for good!

I'm post op day four and back at the office. Feeling pretty good throughout the entire process so far and hoping it remains that way. My first follow up is this Friday.

Hi I'm Maggie in Oklahoma,

I'm engaged and have 3 children, 2 grown and one in college. I was laid off in April and have spent the time working on things I didn't have time for while working.

I'm 5 days post-op and very happy with my lack of hunger and weight loss.

Good Journey to all

Maggie

Hey, everyone! I didn't find this thread until today. I'm almost at the end of my at-home time, post surgery.

Oops! Let me start over: My name is Delma, I'm 45, I'm 5'5 1/2" tall and two weeks pre-op, I weighed 242 pounds. From my signature, you can see that my highest ever weight was 267. Surgery day was Aug 24th and that day I weighed in at 230 (go pre-op diet!).

I'm from Central TX near Austin, I've got a very supportive family (mother and sisters) and I'm single. I've been yo-yoing between 200 and 250 (usually at the higher end) for over 10 years. Time to get my life in order. Love to ride my bicycle and can't wait to get back on it. Gonna give myself another few weeks of recovery time before I do that. In the meantime, I'll probably hit the gym and try the stationary bikes there.

:thumbup:Hi everyone! My name is Sabrina, and I am 29 years old. I was banded Aug. 11 at Weight Loss Surgical Center in Overland Park Kansas (about 4 hours away from my home in Ava, Mo.) I am a stay at home mom with two wonderful girls, ages 9 and 3, and a wonderful husband. My weight was 369 and I am 5' 1. I am happy to say I am now down to 326. My eye opener came almost two years ago when my mom(who was my best friend) passed away at the age of 45. We did everything together, even shared each others clothes. I decided that I was going to see my youngest graduate high school, and started dieting. It didn't work, so I came up with this life change, and I really think it was the right decision for me!

Edited by rinachick

Ok, I am Christine. I live in upstate NY. I am married to my sole mate. I have 3 sons, 20,4 &3 yrs old,yes 20yr old!

I was very young. I started this journey in Jan.09. I was 299lbs @ 5'10" . I started gaining slowly over the last 8-9 yrs. then I quit smoking and had 2 children back to back. I am very happy with my results so far and I have a very supportive husband, Thank goodness. My family is another story, LOL.. I am doing this for me. I need to be healthy and here to see my children and grandchildren grow-up. My family is my world...

Nice to "meet" all of you. My name is Lynn and I live in NC. I was banded on the 28th of August at 290 lbs.

I am happily married and have two young children that keep me super busy- but not too busy to eat apparently- hence the band! :blink:

I am greatly anticipating a whole new lifestyle and a whole new me!

Good luck to ALL of you!!!

(Down 15 pounds so far.)

The Blubber Blog

Hi everyone, My name is Cindy I am 54 years old and was banded Aug.17. I live in Melbourne, Fl. I have been overweight all my life except for a brief period in my early twenties. I started this journey at 230 and last week I weighed 216 at my first fill. I got 2.5 ccs and was doing great till this evening. I was so hungrey when I got home from work that I had 2 pieces of thin crust cheese pizza! I can't believe I did that. I hope I didn't ruin any thing. I get another fill in 2 days so maybe that will help. I have no self control.:blink: