Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Answer

I was banded a week ago today. Feeling somewhat better, however, now I am concern about this knot that I can feel inside of my stomach. Will it go away?

Kind of hard to answer from your question. Are you on liquids? Is the pain primarily after you eat? The first few days of transition from liquids to mushy I definitely felt a knot every time I ate, but it passed after a few minutes as long as I ate very slowly.

You may want to call your doctor if you're in serious discomfort. Otherwise, I'd give it a few days and go back to liquids for a few days if you're having trouble with mushies. Good luck with your recovery!

No i am still on liquids, something feels hard inside the stomach on the side. No I have no pain. Maybe knot is the wrong word to describe this. It feels like something hard has been inplanted into me.

Wanted to know if this feeling would go away

I'm sorry - I wish I had some words of wisdom for you! I never experienced that. Hopefully some others can help. I hope you feel better soon!! :)

It sounds like your port. I don't feel mine but I am still very swollen and sore all over.

If it continues to bother you, you should definitely talk to your doctor about it.

I can feel my port, if I try. Like, if I'm lying down and rub my hand over my stomach (on the left side).

Honestly though, I rarely notice it anymore.

ebony, I PM'd back you but this answered my question. It's probably your port. Mine is on my left side, around my waist band. If I press it I can feel it very clearly, round and smooth and hard. You are still very swollen there, I'm sure, so don't press too much, but you may very well be able to feel that port implanted to the inside of your belly. It's supposed to stick up in there a bit so the doc can find it to give you a fill.

Let us know how your 1-week post-op appointment goes! Yay! You have a port!

I vote for the port also. Mine is in the sternum area but I could easily feel it if I dug a little after about a week and now (since most of my weight is below my waist and my upper stomach and sternum aren't too heavy) I can easy feel it if I rub it, (don't need to dig around for it anymore) And mine is a low profile.