Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Month Updates

Ok Bunnies, it will be three months soon, how's everyone doing?

It will be 3 months for me on the 2nd. Ive lost 45 lbs. I love that! I dont love my level of fitness it is seriously low. I swim once a week and other than that I havent been doing anything. So, Im now recommitting to working out somehow at least 2 more days per week. How about everyone else?

Your doing great Smilan you are doing great I'll be 3 months on 7/10 lost 29 pounds since surgery. I'm losing about a pound every other week hope for more after my next fill. I was walking 30 minutes a day during my lunch but for the last 2 weeks it's been to hot to walk and go back to work it's cooled so I hope to get back to walking at lunch.

Well I am 25lb down. Plateaued for the last month. Exercising 4x per week, have a good restriction... so...I went to see my doctor today for my 5th or6 6th fill. I have 8cc now I think. I had a good conversation with him as I am not losing any weight and I am feeling very crap.

What he said doesn't match some things I have read in posts on here from banded people, so therefore may differ from what your doctor tells you - but I thought that I would share it because it made me feel better and maybe it can make you feel better too.

He said that American Docs promote the band on one basic level - that it restricts the amount you eat and therefore you feel full longer.

NZ Docs promote it on two levels, the same one as the American docs - but this is a secondary to the main issue which is that the band should re-set your obesity chemistry and basiclly have you continuously feeling "disinterested" in food. He said that you should feel like you did the night after surgery - that someone could have given you a fruit salad or a the best burger in the world, and you couldn't have cared which one you ate, if any. Rather than OMG GIVE ME THE BURGER NOW.

He said you should be able to eat one cube of chocolate and have the bar sitting in front of you and not have a battle of wills as to whether to eat the rest, He said if I am struggling to choose the good option - or feeling like you'll buy five bits of sushi not four - He said that the only way to get this is to keep going back for fills. I went today and he gave me another cc - but he said that if I keep going every month for a fill - rather than every few days (if I haven't hit this "green zone") then I end up with running out of room in my band and theyhave to deflate for two weeks and then start again. So apparently the trick is go back as often as you can until you feel like "i dont care about food" and if you don't then you won't lose weight!

So, let's see. I will be going back tomorrow if I am still making bad choices!

That is very interesting Ling. Like you I'm making really poor choices. My Doc only gives fills every 6 weeks- that is if he feels it's needed.

I've lost 40lbs total, well depending on the day. I have 4lbs that I keep losing and gaining back. I'm failing the band I don't feel the band is failing me.

wow Ling that is definately different from my doctors approach they will not fill more frequently than every 4 weeks. I've had 2 fills so far and I have just a little tightness with dry food and I have been very fortunate and have not had any slime or pbing. I also notice that the mental food war that takes place has subsided a bit but I'm still struggling. Since I started a new job 2 weeks ago where I commute I am getting in more excercise and on the weekends my DH and I have been hiking.

Keep up the great work April Bunnies!

I will be at 3 months July 24. I have lost 22 pounds. My doc says slow and steady and that I am on track but I am so impatient. I want this weight off. I can see progress in my body. I know it took years to put on and may take a year of two to get it off but I am so tired of the battle. I have been having anger issues about food. Has anyone else had this? I just sit there with food in front of me and get mad because I know if I eat it, I will hurt and it is not worth it. Sometimes I just want to be normal again...but not enought to go back to where I was!

My 3-month anniversary is July 27th - so far, I've lost 30 pounds. I am okay with how much I've lost, but I have been feeling a bit impatient with it not coming off as quickly as I'd like. I've recently stepped up my exercise to 4 days a week instead of the 2 days I was doing. I'm hoping I will see better results next time I step on the scale (I check it every Friday).

I can relate to SHSUSioux about the mental challenges when you have a plate of food in front of you ~ especially if it is something that's really tasty. I try to tell myself that the 20th bite isn't going to taste any better than the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd bite, and I've already enjoyed those bites ~ so why have more? Reading tips from everyone else has helped too.

Good luck everyone! We can do this!

MK

I guess I am doing the worse of everyone. I was banded 4/1 and have lost only 13 pounds. I have gone for 5 fills, one of those he took out and put back the same, 3rd fill nothing because I had been stuck when I went in and he wouldn't give me more, 4th fill 2 cc, 5th fill 1 cc so I am now at 7.2 in a realize band. I have felt a tiny bit of restriction but nothing consistent. I was on vacation the last 2 weeks and ate everything but I didn't gain so that was good. Hoping to get back to the exercise this next week. Office mate has lost nothing, she was banded 2 weeks after me. :-( Guess we are still making wrong choices.

well, it'll officially be three months for me on the 14th, and so far, i'm down sixty pounds (53 from the date of surgery). i just finished my third week of hardcore dieting and working out. i go to the gym for cardio 3-4 times per week (i'll walk/jog for about 20-30 minutes for cardio), and i meet with my trainer once a week for weight/resistance training. i've been keeping my caloric intake down to under 1000 calories per day and am sure to get at least 60 grams of Protein daily.

so far, i've only thrown up once. it was all because of a slice of pizza that i ate too fast...damn pizza! other than that, i've been very careful to chew chew chew!! hahah!!

i rarely feel hungry. things don't really taste or smell the same to me, so i mostly eat just because i know i have to.

i try to get at least 64oz of Water, but i need to work on this more, and i need to be sure to have my Vitamin shakes regularly...

other than that...i'm stoked!! i've set my goal to hit 100lbs down by my birthday--august 17th. everyone keeps telling me that i won't be able to do it, but i'm going to do everything in my power to prove them wrong!!

HOLY MOLY JUKEBOX!!! That is just fantastic! I'm so impressed, inspired and amazed by what you've accomplished! You're my hero:thumbup:

My 3 month banniversary was 7/6, I also had my 4th fill that day. I have lost a total of 53lbs, 31lbs since surgery! I have good restriction now that I'm at 6.5cc. Normally I workout 4 times a week. But with the scorching heat here in S.Texas I have not worked out in 2 weeks . I need to get my butt in gear!!

3 months and I am still super excited about my band. I just got a fill on Wed. and as of today I am down a total of 40 lbs. I went to Ireland for 2 weeks and while on vacation while everyone gained like 15 lbs. I came home and was thrilled that I had lost 2 lbs. not that much but pretty darn good for being on vacation. I love my band!! :)

Super Excited!! :wink2: Got on the scale today and it was 199lbs! That was one of my mini goals to be in "Onerland" :scared2:

I'm happy with my progress at the 3 month mark I'm down 58lbs and I'm fitting into size 18/20 clothes so thats good. Still have a long way to go but at least its going in the right direction. I had my first PB and it wasn't because I ate to much it was a piece of rice or something from sushi roll. I received my 3rd fill on wed so I did mushies for 1 day and usually sushi is a "safe" food because its soft well I guess it's not a safe food anymore. I wish everyone success as we approach month 4!

Hi guys, I'm feeling pretty good with what I've accomplished so far. I'm down a total of 45 pounds, 25 since surgery. My 3 months anniversary is today July 22nd. I go in for my second fill tomorrow. I haven't had much restriction, and I can eat anything I want. I have noticed when I let myself get really hungry....I eat too fast and take bigger bites, thats about the only time I feel "something." I am walking every day, but I think I need to step it up a bit. My knees are feeling soooo much better I just can't believe it, but the knees still have me going slower than I'd like to go. My mini goal is 250 by christmas....I'm only 32.2 pounds away. Wish me luck!!! Good Luck Bunnies!