Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Question For the Girls--Men, You've Ben Warned

Alright, so I didn't have many co-morbidities when I started this journey, but one problem I did have was dysmenseria (an irregular period) I'm used to this, have seen my gynecologist about it and have been treated for it in the past with birth control pills, however I haven't been on them in a while. The longest I ever went without my period is 6 months. This has all been directly related to my weight and usually when I watch my diet, my period comes back pretty quickly. I am since and there is 0% chance that I'm pregnant, don't worry about that.

I got my period 1 week before surgery. It's now been two months since and have yet to get it again. I was wondering if any of the other women out there have had a disruption in their cycle post op and if so, how long it lasted. The first month post-op without my period I kind of expected since I was just starting solid food again. Again, this is a known condition that I've seen my doctor for in the past. I'm not worried, just curious. I expected my cycle to go back to normal by now.

Well, I am the opposite. My period was just fine before I had surgery. Now that I have lost almost 60 pounds my period is crazy. I have had bleeding on and off for months. One month I will have a period and the next I won't. I also have a lot of spotting. My Dr. just changed my birth control pills so hopefully it will help. The doctor said once we get to goal weight, everything should straighten out. I sure hope so.

This is normal. I however have PCOS and the obesity played a huge part in why I was not regular..now that I have dropped 75lbs my body is slowly trying to get back to normal what ever that is LOL!, however one question prior to your surgery were you always regular? I think the body is jsut trying to straighten out hormones and it may take awhile fo ryou to restore your cycles. I know I had my cycle the day of and 2 months later nothing, the weight started coming off slowly and in 11 months I have only missed 1 cycle and who knows why but so for 2 months now I have been regular. Do you have PCOS?

Pre-op, there were times when mine were erratic, but that was few and far between; usually, I was 30 days dead on. Since then, it seems TOM cycles are coming closer together; the last one was only 19 days!:thumbdown:

On the good side, the length of them are still the same...only two days. That I can accept gladly.:blush:

Massive weight loss can make your period cycles go wacky. After I lost about 50 pounds, everything went haywire. I was bleeding for two or three weeks straight. As I got to goal, everything straightened out. You just need to give your body time to readjust. There is just a hump you need to get over first xD

Prior to the surgery my period was off and on. 2 days post op, it came very heavy. I started the patch a few months post op and have been regular since. I do believe my weight was a factor in me not getting a regular period.