Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't even know what to title...

okay...I was banded on the 16th...everything was awesome in the hospital...went home on wednesday...and now today I feel awful! I am nauseated, weak, and just feel yucky. I'm not on pain meds...I have followed the post-op diet to a tee and yet I am misrable!!! Help!!!:)

Why aren't you taking your pain meds? Are you walking some?

ok...then what feels "yucky"? Is it because you're nauseated? Do you have diabetes? If not, it could be your body is just rebelling and you just have to tell it to get over itself! LOL :) You didn't have to do much of a preop diet, did you, because they moved your surgery up? If you think it's hunger (it's possible) it will pass....

otherwise, what do you think it is? We usually "know" more than we realize about why we feel bad....

Since you are "miserable" but aren't in any pain, I'm trying to figure out how to maybe help you a little, so if I'm being too nosey forgive me! :)

You aren't being too nosey! You are so funny about that. Okay my misery is that I'm tired of the Protein Shakes and after I have one I either I feel like I'm going to throw up or have diarreah. I'm really hot or cold and I'm just having a hard time getting comfortable and would give anything for something besides the variety of Protein shakes, Jello, and sf pop cicles.

AH. Ok. In a way you're "pouting" because you can't eat. I understand that all too well! What helped me honestly was just not thinking about it but almost like a mantra reminding myself how happy I was to have the band, how great it was going to be to not be hungry all the time and to finally lose weight and keep it off. I just found things to do to distract myself. I didn't even get Protein shakes week one, and would've almost killed for one. So in a way I would've killed to be you! :)

It's hard but worth it. Just keep reminding yourself of that. Or as my mother used to tell ME...Put a smile on your face and get over it. LOL That used to make me mad, but it does help. sometimes. :)

okay fine! you caught me...I'm being a brat...and I want something else! So I'll put on the same pants I got mad in and get happy. Still can't wait for mushies!!!

I feel your pain! I'm four days away from mushy foods: Jello, pudding, mashed potatoes, applesauce....and I'm sooo looking forward to that. I had to stop the Protein Shakes (slimfast) after three days cuz now I'm lactose intolerant (as far as those go anyway) and had severe Water bm's (TMI sorry).....so I've been just on broth, water, I did buy some Protein mix from Special K that is strawberry kiwi flavored to add to my water for a little shot of protein and it tastes like punch...my dr. said Friday I could have jello, so I made some but seems that it makes me more hungry if i eat that....can't win...hahaha I just keep telling myself a few more days....Oh...one thing I did, was take small (bathroom size) plastic cups and pour orange juice (pulp free) and freeze them...then take a spoon and scrape it and eat it...it takes a while to do it, tastes good, and is cold to your mouth...Nice treat!

haha this post just made my day!! :) I felt the exact same way!! It will pass, and once you see those numbers on the scale go down - you will be happy to keep going! :) My body felt like it was trying to reject what I was doing to it...it just wasn't making me feel good at all ...but it did get better from about day 4...and now, sometimes I even wonder if I really do have something in me - the only way I know I had the surgery is from the scars and the restriction I get when trying to eat certain foods...hang in there, look forward to your mushies! :)

I didn't get Protein shakes until week 2. That first week, I was on Clear liquids.

Are you doing Soup broth? Something warm really felt good to me.

If the Protein is making you feel nausea, maybe back off that for now and stick with broths, Water, and more Clear Liquids. Maybe that's why some docs require that - to avoid that feeling of nausea?? I don't know, just speculating.

As for not being able to get comfortable, that will resolve once the healing gets further along. I think it's pretty normal at this point so soon after the procedure...

Good luck!

So I'll put on the same pants I got mad in and get happy. Still can't wait for mushies!!!

LOL I like that one even better than my mom's! :) Thanks for sharing it.

Thanks yall!!! I really thought oh my gosh what have I done? Maybe I should have tried something else one more time! I'm glad to hear I haven't lost it and this with time too shall pass.

okay...I was banded on the 16th...everything was awesome in the hospital...went home on wednesday...and now today I feel awful! I am nauseated, weak, and just feel yucky. I'm not on pain meds...I have followed the post-op diet to a tee and yet I am misrable!!! Help!!!:)

Hi!

I also live in Lewisville and was banded at Baylor Grapevine on the 18th!!! My MD allowing me sf Jello, sf pudding, Protein shakes, etc. for the first 2 weeks but I am already tired of those!!!:) I have it in my head this is only for a short while so I will deal with it.. Trust me, we will survive and will look back and be like "it was all so worth it"!!!

Which hospital did you have your surgery??

I hear ya! I was done on the 17th and I'm just not feeling good today. Just uncomfortable, nauseous...sick of Jello, sf popsicles and Protein Shakes. Keep telling myself one day at a time. Can't wait for mushies...even a bite or two of scrambled eggs...something to hold me over!! I've never heard my belly growl like this before (Duh! I usually ate before I was even hungry!) My cat was freaked out overnight and heard it do a loud rumble...she shot up and jumped off the bed. Too funny!

I was banded on the 17th and i am miserable as well! I wish I wanted food. I don't want anything but to crawl up and die! I have soooo much nausea! I want to throw up ALL the time. I ve lost 37 pounds in 16 days and I dont even care.