Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just wanted to share my stupidity!

I went to Florida last weekend and we were a little late for the flight because the lines were so long. I bought something to eat before I got on the plane. I thought that I was eating slowly enough, then they called us for the flight and I threw the rest of the food away. I get in line, and get that lovely pain in my chest from being stuck. I get through the line, but then there is another line in the hall to get into the plane. At this point I am sweating and in a ton of pain. So, I ended up having to push past about 20 people to get to the lavatory, had to tell the flight attendant that I needed to vomit and ran in there! When I came out I felt like a fool and the flight attendant asked me if I was OK to fly. Let's just say I learned my lesson!

I'm sorry to hear that. I had a similar incident last week but, I was only with my co-workers at lunch. Not a plane full of people. I was sweating and praying I wouldn't PB in the my friends car.

Very embarassing! Guess we're all learning. Hope you had a good trip otherwise.

Oh No!!!!!

So sorry you had to go thru that! There have been times when I thought I was eating slow enough only to figure out too late, that I wasn't. Sucks!!!

Glad you're okay now tho.

I'm getting banded on july 2 and after reading about these experiences just wondering how slow do you have to eat. Almost afraid to try any solid type of food

OMG-Starting a lecture on verbs in my fourth period class. I just took one bite wrong before the bell rang! Excuse me, Darlings. I have to go puke...

Wally, it's not terrible. You learn how to do it right pretty quickly. I know it sounds horrific before you're banded, but it really isn't half as bad as it sounds.

I went to Florida last weekend and we were a little late for the flight because the lines were so long. I bought something to eat before I got on the plane. I thought that I was eating slowly enough, then they called us for the flight and I threw the rest of the food away. I get in line, and get that lovely pain in my chest from being stuck. I get through the line, but then there is another line in the hall to get into the plane. At this point I am sweating and in a ton of pain. So, I ended up having to push past about 20 people to get to the lavatory, had to tell the flight attendant that I needed to vomit and ran in there! When I came out I felt like a fool and the flight attendant asked me if I was OK to fly. Let's just say I learned my lesson!

I find it difficult to find things that I can eat or would want to eat at the airport that I would not fear having a problem with. I usually have a latte, some frozen yogurt or a lowfat yogurt with fruit. What were you eating? I bet that really sucked!!!!!!! Sorry for you!! Hope the rest of your trip was great!

I'm getting banded on july 2 and after reading about these experiences just wondering how slow do you have to eat. Almost afraid to try any solid type of food

You just have to take small bites and chew really well when eating solid foods. And, eat meat and chicken with a sauce of some type when possible. I rarely get stuck anymore. It gets to be second nature and you also know exactly when to stop eating!!

I think we've all had at least one experience like that. I had it happen last weekend at my daughters dance recital. Only when I got to the bathroom there was a line of about 20 women ahead of me. I ended up having to go outside and throw up. It was awful. I' be gotten a lot better with chewing so I don't PB all the time. But every once in a while it sneaks up on me.

I am reading all of your experiences with great interest. Was banded on 15th of May. I will have my first fill on the 29th of June. Right now I am (what I've read here) going through "Bandster Hell!" So I am listening very carefully but won't really "get it" until I experience this myself. Right now I am very discouraged due to no weight loss and no restriction.

These days,with the H1N1, your lucky they let you on. I had a similar experience on a cruise ship, our first cruise surgery for both my wife and I. You don't want to appear sick on a ship for fear they will quarantine you.

LOL! funny!

I was eating lunch with friends, and i actually did not tell everyone that i had a band, so i got stuck apparently from hummos (Mashed Chickpeas), ran to the toilet and it was occupied, i kept knocking on the door until she opened with an angry face, i ran to the toilet and immediately, as if i was playing basketball, it hit straight into it LOL!

Another time i had a meeting, and i ate bread with cheese, i also left the meeting running, to the toilet and imagine, i also made a goal into bowl without throwing up outside !!

The funny part is, what will you tell them!! hahah i usually say dhierria :blushing:

Yikes! No fun! These are the things I am dreading. Hoping against hope that I will never, EVER have to find out what that feels like!

Your lucky you were in front of strangers, my 7 year old son had a picnic day at school and i inhaled a cup cake a little to quickly, well i was embarrassed when the bloody thing decided to crawl back up and try shooting out of my mouth!! I heard my son trying to explain to his class that "mummys band is being a bugger again" and another kid said "i didnt know your mum was in a band" lol i was laughing my head off!!!

:smile2: My Grand Laugh for the day! Thanks!!

Your lucky you were in front of strangers, my 7 year old son had a picnic day at school and i inhaled a cup cake a little to quickly, well i was embarrassed when the bloody thing decided to crawl back up and try shooting out of my mouth!! I heard my son trying to explain to his class that "mummys band is being a bugger again" and another kid said "i didnt know your mum was in a band" lol i was laughing my head off!!!