Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone --

I was just banded yesterday and am doing okay. The pain is completely manageable.

I was actually wondering if anyone here was banded with the Realize band? I didn't know that my surgeon was going to use Realize band, but I found out after surgery. I actually wanted the Realize band (I like the 'claws' in the port that hook onto the fascia, and I like the low profile port) but for some reason I remember talking about it with him and deciding on the Lap Band. Anyways, I am not unhappy with the Realize band and I just wanted to see if anyone else was banded with Realize.

Im so excited to start this new phase of my life!

My dad had the Realize band "installed" last month. I'm having the one with the pillows.

Realize on Apr. 29th and no issues so far. I was a little suprised to find out I had the Realize, but it did not bother me at all.

I was also banded on Thursday, June 18th with the Realize band. The pain really isn't bad at all. But I'm not having any restrictions...did anyone else feel that way at first?

I chose the Realize band after my consult with the surgeon and doing some research at home. I liked the shape and the low-profile port, as well as the idea of the port attachment prongs. I wonder if those prongs make any difference post-op? I know everybody is sore around the port, but I think I might actually have tweaked the port funny yesterday. I had a sharp pain as I rolled over, and today I have a fresh bruise and new swelling around my port. I can just imagine those little teeth biting into my muscle all over again, and I wonder if that happens with the stitches that are used to secure the Lap-Band port. Even if this isn't something that would happen with the Lap-Band, I would still choose Realize again. I really like that smaller port.

I think there are getting to be more and more Realize people here as more Realize bands are used in this country.

I also have the Realize Band... It's only been a week but I am glad I have it. I don't find the website to useful though... I doubt I will use it. I am having trouble sleeping... I hate sleeping on my back. Is it going to do any damage sleeping on my side or stomach?

I was banded with the Realize-C band on May 20th. I have had no issues. I didn't know I had gotten the "C" until after surgery. The "C" is 11 cc versus 9 cc for the "non-C". My surgeon said that he liked it for the pre-curve of the band. My incision scars are minimal. I have a one-inch scar at my belly button and 2 inch-scar at the port. The other 3 are like a thick pin point. I don't know if that is because the "C" is easier to put in or if it is just my surgeon's touch.

I think they are both good. I got the one with the pillows... There's a thread on this site with someone that is a major advocate for the lapband and not the realize band... maybe you can do a search.