Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, yesterday the nutritionist said she would sign off that I had met all of her requirements. Have not quite met my 10% weight loss -- I am down 17 pounds since my 1st appointment in March and have 4 more pounds to go to meet the 10% loss. 1st thing I did this morning was call the clinical coordinator to start nagging her to submit me for insurance approval. She was busy, so here I sit waiting for a call back to ensure they got all my test results. I go on Thursday to get the results of my sleep study test. NOW I am nervous as hell that after alll the hoops I have jumped through, that the insurance company will say no. I've been fairly mellow about the whole thing, but now it is all I can think about and can't seem to concentrate on anything else. Maybe because it now seems like surgery is just within my grasp.

That is so weird. I was told not to lose any weight and maintain my weight until I was approved.

I was worried that losing weight BEFORE I got insurance approval would cause me not to get approved. My surgeon, however, submits my weight and BMI from my first appointment with him. At any rate, it will still be a crap shoot with the insurance because of my BMI, and I am not sure yet if my high cholesterol will be enough of a co-morbidity. All I can do now is keep my fingers crossed. I am kind of frustrated that nobody returned my call today, though :wink:

Interesting. I see most surgeons have different ways of preparing us for surgery. I read in one forum how a patient received a fill during the surgery...all of this insight is so interesting and enlightening...

FINALLY talked to someone at the surgeon's office. It appears that they missed one of the tests the doc wanted when they did my blood work, so I will go do that this afternoon. They also need a copy of my last PAP -- HELLO, I had a hysterectomy 4 years ago I don't HAVE a cervix anymore. Nonetheless I called my PCP to dig up the results of my last one and send that over.

Speaking of my PCP....surgeon's office says I have to find out from my PCP if my meds are available in liquid form OR crushable OR if I can go without them for a few days after surgery. I called a month or so ago and was told, oh the surgeon will tell you that. So, this week when I went for my NUT appt I mention this --- they say in no uncertain terms, NO, that is the prescribing doctor's responsibility. So I call the PCP AGAIN today and get the same answer they gave me the 1st time! So, I am frustrated. Explained to my PCP's nurse what the surgeon's office had to say about this and am now awaiting a call back for my actual PCP vs. her nurse.

(Excuse me while I continue to rant). So every Tuesday at the surgeon's office they have a multidisciplinary meeting where they review patient's test results and decide whether said patient has met their requirements. Well, I just missed this Tuesday's meeting, and next week they are all out of the office for a conference. This means the earliest they will discuss my case is June 30, which means the earliest they will submit me for approval to the insurance company is the 1st week in July. Yeah, I know I am being impatient, but now that I have done everything they asked of me I want to move FORWARD! I'm sure you all know what I mean. As usual, thanks for a place to vent!

Sure seems like your PCP should be the one to determine your need for your meds during surgery times because, well, they are the one that prescribed them.

That said, when I mentioned my surgery and the need for crushing and/or liquid, my PCP hopped right on her little PDA and looked up each and every drug I take.

Good luck in getting your case reviewed and progressing.

My doc says as long as the meds are the same size or smaller than a #2 pencil eraser then you can take it whole. So I take mine with no worries ('sept I can't take a handful anymore). But if you are worried call your pharmasist (sp?) they should know.