Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Group- 5 day Pouch Test

Well I am just about done and I do feel a difference, not a huge difference when it comes to restriction but I am going in for a fill next week so hopefully that will be taken care of. I was eating alot of slider foods, alot more than I thought. I have really noticed how much better I have been feeling so I know I must of been eating too many carbs! I am eating slower, more conciously and I am aware of the full feeling again.

I recommend this to everyone, it is only 5 days long and it really helps you get back on track. I am sure I will use this method again if needed :(

I am hoping it will help me to regroup and get back on track. Especially with the carbs. I am trying to stick to the plan.

I find that when I do follow it faithfully it also gives me a feeling of empowerment because, it is VERY HARD to self-impose a liquid diet when you know it is not required. To accomplish this on your own is extremely difficult and something you should take pride in because it shows a step of overcoming the behaviors that caused you to be overweight to start with.

Keep up the good work, ladies!! :(

Round 1- 5 day pouch test...

I really learned I have some BAD habits I need to kick! 1st if snacking. MAN IT IS HARD! This pouch test has really helpped me to see the patterns I had created! AND YES, it does give us a chance to overcome carbs, snacking, and a great tool to gain pride on the control we have over our stomacks. I lost the 2 lbs I had regained since I am still in "Bandster Hell". With No Fill. I have tried to get the first fill 2 times and the first time they couldnt get it so I had to schedule a exray and I found out the port is tilted.I went back hoping now knowing which way it it tilted we could get the fill but still no go.... So I am looking at having to get the port repositioned. Has anyone else had this happen? I probably tore the stitch when lifting or carrying my 18 month boy. I know for the first week I didn pick him up once but after that my mom left and I had no choice.

Ok, back to the Pouch tests- I will be doing the pouch test every week m-f with the weekends off until my prot is fixed. I just cant allow myself to gain weight again. It will be hard but I feel like I have no choice. IF ANYONE WANTS TO JUMP IN WITH BOTH FEET AND LIVE A CHALLENGE, here we go.... one week , one day, one drink at a time. We will empower our selves and eachother to over come our cravings, habits, and learn to listen to the tool our lapbands have created. The pouch will show us how to respond and become healthy. Banishing those SLIDER FOOD! :blushing:

Today is day one of round 2- 5 Day PT. Breakfast- warm soymilk w/ creamer- mmmmmm for those who dot like coffe it is great on a cold morning...

lunch- soy milk- head hunger really kicking in now. I am thinking I should go make a fruit smoothy but that gets us off tract with the low carb kick, but its liquid I wonder if it is allowed. I should look into that. Maybe I wil make some creamy egg flower Soup. mmm that sound good. here is how I do it...

1 can cream of muchroom soup, 1 qt chicken broth (mix well)

saute 1 slice of onion and add liquids

bring to boil and add 1 egg stirring constantly. salt & pepper to taste

drink when cooled down..... mmmmmmm

Wow! You ladies are impressive!

I hope you guys are still going strong with this when I'm at my stride with my band!

You all deserve a solid round of applause!

Good challenge!

:blushing:

Day two. Head hunger seems to not be as bad. My mind just has an issue with all liquids. Just not the same not having to use a fork or even a spoon.My stomach was actually grumbling yesterday, rather loudly too. Did have headache so I ate a few white grapes after my workout. Other than that, I did OK. I did buy some light Soups and had some for dinner and for breakfast this morning. Now sipping on a Slim Fast shake. More Soup for lunch. I went home yesterday and threw out a few things that had accumulated (even some 100 calorie snacks).My snacking, especially at night, had gotten out of control and my boyfriend is a part of that. My mind started playing tricks on me late last night and even a Subway salad w/ tuna was looking good. But, no snacking or anything. I stuck to the plan. I am really going to try to get through this. I know I can do it. My plan is to do it M-F and have weekends off (but not totally go wild).

I will be doing the pouch test every week m-f with the weekends off until my prot is fixed. I just cant allow myself to gain weight again. It will be hard but I feel like I have no choice. IF ANYONE WANTS TO JUMP IN WITH BOTH FEET AND LIVE A CHALLENGE, here we go.... one week , one day, one drink at a time. We will empower our selves and eachother to over come our cravings, habits, and learn to listen to the tool our lapbands have created. The pouch will show us how to respond and become healthy. Banishing those SLIDER FOOD! :thumbup:

I'll give this a go starting next Monday 6/29. Traveling 6/26-6/28.

Well I am finished and I feel great. I lost 2 lbs and I am feeling much better about my food choices. I still dont have much restriction but I bought string cheese, bought some boiled ham to make ham roll ups and made some boiled eggs. I am feeling so much better now that I am eating better!

Good luck to everyone, this truely was an amazing experience for me :thumbup:

Alright I cheated a little yesterday (day 2). Did good the whole day but took my son out for graduation and got a salad of which I could only eat a few forkfuls anyways along with an alcoholic beverage and 2 spoonfuls of dessert. Back on track today. doing good so far and already I am seeing a difference in the amount I can eat. This is not easy so kudos to all of you who successfully and faithfully stick to the test.

I had to eat a few white grapes & drink a Protein Shake yesterday afternoon before going to workout.I was feeling rather queasy. Don't know if blood sugar was too low or what. Had more Soup for dinner & sipped on 1/2 caf coffee. I did cheat a little b/c had 2 pc of sugar free coconut Russell Stover's chocolate candy earlier in the day. Today is Day 3. Had 2 scrambled eggs for Breakfast. Don't know if I was so happy to have something solid that I was eating too fast, but PB'ed about half of it. I rarely PB on scrambled eggs. Right now eating some chicken breast (in can like tuna) w/ a little light Miracle Whip for lunch. So far feel ok today & the chicken is staying down. Trying to listen to my body. My mind has not told me that I was hungry but my stomach has grumbled rather loudly a few times over past few days. Haven't had the desire to snack. That's a switch.

Well I am finished and I feel great. I lost 2 lbs and I am feeling much better about my food choices. I still dont have much restriction but I bought string cheese, bought some boiled ham to make ham roll ups and made some boiled eggs. I am feeling so much better now that I am eating better!

Good luck to everyone, this truely was an amazing experience for me :thumbup:

Way to stick too it! it is hard when there is no restriction, the whole reason for getting the lapband is to have some restriction, but a everyone knows it takes time and tweeking to find that sweet spot we all are looking for.

Boiled eggs are great! they really help me feel full and stick with me longer than other things.

Being in control of our eating is a great esteme booster.

BREAKING THE CHAINS OF OBESITY! WOW, YEA!

Alright I cheated a little yesterday (day 2). Did good the whole day but took my son out for graduation and got a salad of which I could only eat a few forkfuls anyways along with an alcoholic beverage and 2 spoonfuls of dessert. Back on track today. doing good so far and already I am seeing a difference in the amount I can eat. This is not easy so kudos to all of you who successfully and faithfully stick to the test.

Jumping Back on track when we slide, that is the point! You are doing good! your body tells us we are helping it along, we can feel the difference! IT IS A TEST! NOT EASY!

We are all here for you. And as I am finishing my 2nd PT it does get easier. Find your own personal YUM! :thumbup:

Round 2 - 5 day pouch test at an end. I have lost 2 lbs this week and I feel more in control than I ever have. It is a great feeling to in your heart know we have the power to choose. It is NOT easy but acheivable! WAY TO GO EVERYONE FOR RISING TO THE CHALLENGE of the 5 day pouch test! See you next week!

I will continue with the weekly PT until the Sweet spot has been reached!