Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

no restriction until fill date?????

I am scheduled to have a fill tomarrow, but I have had a problem with eating the last couple of days! I have been able to eat just about anything for about 2 weeks my surjery date was 8/5/05. I have had hardley any restriction and all of a sudden the last 2 days I have had a problem getting food to go down! I am kind of nervous about my appointment tomarrow because if I cancel and this passes then I will be sad I didnt get my fill (first one) because I want to start losing some serious weight but if I do get it I am afraid that I will be to tight! any one experience this??

HELP confused!!!!

Carrie

I think I'd keep the appointment. Maybe stay on liquids a bit longer after the fill to make sure the swelling is down before you eat any real food. You can always get an unfill later. Good luck tomorrow!

Well that has crossed my mind but I am not sure what to do?

I guess I will just ask whe I get there what he thinks I have had a few bouts of not actually pb ing becasue I never have but I have had pain a couple of meals so I hope I did not mess anything up!

Carrie

Have your eating habits changed in the past few days (ie eating faster, chewing less, eating more solid protein)? If so, this could be the culprit. Or it could be just a nervous thing, or maybe even pms (my band gets really tight around that time of the month, even though I have cravings like mad lol).

I would probably go ahead with the appointment, but speak to your doctor about your concerns. Try to stick to liquids for a day or two after the first fill, as it really does help it go smoother for most people.

Good luck and let us know how you go ;)

This has happened to me almost every time. It's a common phenomenon, which I think just shows how much our minds are involved in our health: have you ever called the doctor with symptoms only to have them clear up before your appointment? That's what this is, only in reverse.

Keep your appointment, and just be honest with the doctor. Your restriction has been mostly absent, and if they do the fill under fluoro the chances that you'll get filled too tightly are pretty small. But do stay on liquids and soft foods for a couple of days or so after the fill so you can tell how your body is going to react.

Is that common to stay on liquids/softs for a couple days after every fill? I have my first fill the 26th and I just want to be prepared!

Is that common to stay on liquids/softs for a couple days after every fill? I have my first fill the 26th and I just want to be prepared!

My doctor doesn't require it, so I didn't do it for the first two fills, but since then, I've been sticking to liquids for atleast 24 hours after a fill and they've gone by much smoother.

well I went today very reluctant and it was the worst experience of my entire life!!!!

My port has tipped and he couldn't find the opening!!! OMG I am so freaked out at the whole experience I know it wasn't his fault but OUCH!!!! I do't want to scare anyone but man that hurt, he didn't numb me but I was stuck a whole bunch of times trying to enter the opening! anyways I hope I actually got a fill because I don't feel much different but I have heard that it may take a couple of days to actually feel it soooooooo! I would hate to go back for a repeat any time SOON!!!

thanks for all your support I did need it!!

Carrie

How much fill did he put in? If its any consolation, I didn't feel any restriction at all until my fourth fill ..

Sorry to hear your first experience wasn't so swell. It does get better though. I don't even notice it anymore.